Caistor Hall Hotel
  • Pool
US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbridal suiteperfect wedding venuefour poster bedwedding plannertoast mastermaster of ceremonieswedding breakfastjacuzzi bathafternoon teastaff were brilliantgarden roomjennaretreatdisco
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We had a small meeting of 6 people at the hotel and it was great to look out over the gardens as we discussed tactics..

The staff were young and enthusiastic and very customer focused. The rooms are great if you can get one with the jacuzzi bath - mine had a 4 poster, beamed ceiling and big plasma - all for about 100 quid per night.

We didn't try the restaurant but the breakfast was excellent.

Although located in a typical Norfolk village the hotel is only 10 mins drive to the city centre and taxis were easily arranged.

I think it deserves a far better rating than 29th. Just don't try and have an early night if they have a wedding on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with jacuzzi bath, plasma TV, & 4 poster
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Got this place at a really good rate from one of the late booking sites. When you first pull up you realise how grand this house must have been in its heyday, with the British weather however it didn't do it justice. The staff on arrival were fantastic and were very helpful. The room was big but a little chilly and I struggled to get the radiator on.
Yes the room could do with a llck of paint but that for me added to its charm. The same with the TV in the room, a little bit more finesse on the wires and so forth/ freeview box and they would have 5 stars.The compensation came in the bathroom, this is the first FULL length bath I have seen for a long time, big enough for a 6' person to stretch and recline.
The evening meal was very good indeed and was served with perfection, a good bottle of red accompanied it- top marks for that.
When all said and done, this place was excellent value for money and as you spend little time in your room bar sleeping gave me a great meal and a rested night before tackling work the next day. I would return without hesitation and am trying to engineer a trip to Spain where they have a sister hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Spongegod
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We had our wedding reception at Caistor Hall Hotel on Saturday 8th October 2011 and it was perfect.

Service and staff were wonderful, attentive and although I don't think the hotel is classed as 5 star, it seemed it to us.

All my guests commented on how wonderful the food was and the portions were generous.

Although it drizzled a bit on the day, the wedding breakfast room looked amazing with the chandeliers and tea lights.

The evening venue was also fantastic with a fabulous Morrocan style and lots of space and tables for guests to gather and dance.

I heard the buffet was equally delicious even if I was too full to have much!

Our bridal suite was very comfortable and in keeping with the rest of the hotel. I had quite a few friends staying in rooms and everyone thought the rooms lovely and extremely comfortable and clean. The weekend was topped off by a delicious cooked breakfast and we weren't rushed out of the hotel either.

All in all we had an amazing day at Caustor Hall and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We attended our son's wedding here two weeks ago. The venue was perfect for a wedding with a seperate section with bar and dance floor for the evening reception. The staff were really helpful and attentive and the food was out of this world. Added to this was the gorgeous setting.
The only thing I think could be improved were the bedrooms, which we felt were in need of updating, in particular the bathrooms, which were tiny and very dated. We felt the price of the bedrooms was high considering breakfast was not included.
However, I have to say this certainly will not put us off highly recommending Caistor Hall as a wedding venue. All in all it was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I recently attended an event at Caistor Hall and thoroughly enjoyed the evening and our overnight stay. The staff service was very attentive and they could not do enough for our party.
The food was all locally sourced and freshly produced: excellent value for money and I will be returning for dinner! Our evening stay was in one of their period luxury superior views with a four poster bed and pictureque views of the garden. Breakfast was superb and promptly served by a very pleasant and friendly waitress. What a great evening!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends