Caistor Hall Hotel
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$149
US$135
US$130
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$127
US$100
US$107
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Norwich Airport Hotel(Norwich)(Great Value!)
US$103
PremierInn.com
US$56
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbridal suiteperfect wedding venuefour poster bedwedding plannertoast mastermaster of ceremonieswedding breakfastjacuzzi bathafternoon teastaff were brilliantgarden roomjennaretreatdisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The idyllic setting of Caistor Hall cant fail to impress you, coupled with the warm smiles that greeted me at reception, I knew I was going to enjoy my stay here.

I was offered help with my luggage and taken to my sumptuous room, complete with huge sunken Jacuzzi in the bedroom, high beamed ceilings and a four poster bed. My room overlooked a courtyard and was stunning and tranquil in equal measure.

I enjoyed a pre dinner tipple in the library, served by the most delightful staff. My friend who’s a total foodie recommended I stay at this hotel knowing I’m rather partial to country houses, but said the food here is absolutely magical. He was wrong, it’s beyond magical. I had the pigeon to start, followed by duck and strawberry panna cotte for pudding and I can tell you the food is of Michelin standard, without the price tag.

The breakfast was also superb, my choice here was salmon and scrambled eggs, cooked to perfection, such a delight when got right, yet so often cooked wrong.

I cannot begin to convey how delighted I was my friend recommended this hotel, I cant wait to return.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The style of Fawlty Towers springs to mind, yet without the charming host!

This hotel needs some work to bring it up to scratch. Shabby Chic but without the chic... I avoid the word "updating" because a period property need not be to modern styles. However, a period property with 1970's pink sanitaryware in a tiny bathroom designed for contortionists is not a mark of a quality hotel. I admit rates are not at the premium end, but the poor quality of noise insulation makes the likelihood of a good night's sleep minimal. I was woken at 6am by a breakfast meeting being hosted on the floor below. If this were a Premier Inn I would have received a full refund, as it was, I recieved and explanation and no hint of recompense.

Staff were, in general, good. However, their ability to serve customers was somewhat hampered by either restrictive systems that needed to be shut down by certain times or by incomplete training. The management need to provide more support to their staff.

I can see this hotel working for weddings and business meetings. For both categories the issue of noise is less of a problem and wedding guests are likely to at least be well fed and wined and therefore unlikely to complain too loudly about the standard of rooms considering they will probably never return.

One last point, no need to book for a health spa when staying at this place as the whole hotel appears to be heated to ten degrees above sauna level. Turning off the radiator and propping the window fully open only just made it bearable, even with an eight degree outdoor tempterature!

Room Tip: Avoid any room above a function or dining room
1  Thank TwistedYoyo
receptionist58, Manager at Caistor Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am sorry that you felt the need to compare Caistor Hall Hotel to that of a comedy television programme, which I must say, I am rather disappointed by this comment.
We strive to maintain this beautiful property, keeping all the unique charm for our guests to enjoy.
Our bedrooms are decorated with their own individual décor which makes them both unique and charismatic. Should you have informed the team that you disliked the décor in your allocated bedroom, it would allowed us the opportunity to move you to another available bedroom to suit your preferred taste.
I am pleased that you took advantage of our special accommodation rate of £45 per room per night, which I agree is incredible value for money.

Please be rest assured that the Management team here at Caistor Hall, strive to support the wonderful team of friendly and accommodating staff working tirelessly to provide our guests with a first class service. We are constantly analysing and monitoring our training methods and we are extremely pleased with both the service provided by the team and the technology we have in place.

We offer a wonderful venue for both Weddings and Corporate Events and have received some fantastic comments/reviews from guests who have enjoyed their experience of Caistor Hall, who choose to return on a more frequent basis due to this factor.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the temperature of the hotel, but we do try to monitor this very carefully to ensure we meet the correct temperature for the turbulent weather we are currently experiencing. The last thing we want is to have our guests being cold and we endeavour to provide a warm and friendly welcome and stay.

Again thank you for your time and for your valued feedback, it is very important to us.

Kind Regards

Jenny Manning
Caistor Hall

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We only stayed one night after a wedding.The room was OK but the shower room was a cupboard (a small cupboard). Room 410. As my husband is disabled it was a struggle for him to use the facilities as it was so small, when he came out of the shower he had to go into the bedroom to dry and dress.The following morning the breakfast was a disaster, the food was alright but the man in charge was morose and didn't want to be there.The Buffet trays were not topped up and we had to ask for things to be topped up and had to wait ages for this to be done, in the end we left without having the food we expected from this sort of hotel.Luckily we only booked one night, if we had booked more we would have left after one night anyway.I have written to the hotel about our concerns but the have not had the courtesy to reply.

Room Tip: Do not book room 410
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie T
receptionist58, Front Office Manager at Caistor Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Firstly, I must say how disappointed I am that you did not enjoy your stay at Caistor Hall.

Having spoken briefly to your Husband on check out about the issues with your allocated bedroom (410) and the Breakfast, I responded the same day and sent a letter to your home address. My letter highlighted the issues your Husband raised and also explained how we take all feedback very seriously and endeavour to strive to improve our service at all times.

Here at Caistor Hall we provide our residing guests with a hot and appetising Breakfast along with the flexibility of varied times in which they choose to have their Breakfasts. With this in mind, our service staff are extra vigilant and only bring out the bacon & eggs as guests arrive into the restaurant. This ensures the quality meets your expectations, as I am sure you are aware that if you leave these two food groups out for too long they are susceptible to being inedible.

I do understand your frustration that you may have had to wait for the food to be delivered from the kitchen for service, for reasons as described, but please be rest assured our main intention is to provide a wonderfully cooked Breakfast to start your day.

Your Husband mentioned he found the bed very comfortable; I am so pleased that this was the case and you enjoyed a good night’s sleep.

Room 410 is one of our standard bedrooms, containing all the basic facilities for guests enjoying perhaps a one night stay. We do have room upgrades available. Should you have brought your room issues or that you Husband was struggling due to his disability, to my attention when reserving your bedroom or when you checked in or perhaps during your stay, it would have allowed me the opportunity to move you to another bedroom or upgraded you accordingly.

I would always advise you to discuss your accommodation requirements prior to confirming your reservation to prevent any future disappointment.

Once again, thank you for providing your feedback on tripadvisor.

I will of course re-send a copy of my response, if you wish, (originally sent on 1st October 2012) for your perusal.

Kind Regards
Jenny Manning
Caistor Hall Hotel

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We have been using Caistor Hall for weekly meetings over the last three months. From day one the staff were without exception interested in ensuring we were given the fullest support the Hotel could provide. Nothing is to much trouble, curtious, polite and sincere are words to sum up the staff I have met so far. All this with a wonderful buidling and grounds, we look forward to a long relationship. Phil Burton Director Consultant BNI Norfolk.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

My daughter held her wedding at Caistor Hall in September for 70 guests to the wedding ceremony and breakfast and 100 guests in the evening. We cannot praise enough the first class service we got from the extremely friendly and efficient staff. The venue is perfect as they only hold one wedding a day and we were able to decorate and use all the beautiful ground floor rooms in the hotel. The staff were always friendly and helpful towards us and our guests. The food was delicious and served very promptly. We carefully chose bedrooms on the first floor for our wedding party which have beautiful views over the lawns and very comfortable beds. The cooked breakfast the following day was excellent. I would certainly recommend Caistor Hall as it is a beautiful hotel which, although it would benefit from some redecoration, is still very comfortable and welcoming with friendly staff and excellent food.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor, in particular Rooms 401 and 402 are large with beautiful views over the lawns and four poster/tester beds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family