Caistor Hall Hotel
US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$235
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$322
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbridal suiteperfect wedding venuefour poster bedwedding plannertoast mastermaster of ceremonieswedding breakfastjacuzzi bathafternoon teastaff were brilliantgarden roomjennaretreatdisco
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and must say the receptionist is one of a kind, very friendly and welcoming and informs you of everything you need to know upon arriving.

The room was massive with all the facilities I could need, only reason for the 4 star is the view wasn't great but I appreciated the aircon unit very much. The bathroom products where lovely and plenty of coffee to see me through the day and night.

On leaving again the receptionist was friendly and always had a smile and you felt when she asked what your plans where for the day that she actually cared. Check out was fast and overall a great night stay for such a reasonable price.

Thank you for the comfortable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
receptionist58, Manager at Caistor Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your recent stay at Caistor Hall.

I am delighted that you enjoyed both a comfortable stay (I am so pleased you enjoyed the bathroom toiletries) and the professionalism of our Receptionist.

Our staff are a lovely and friendly team and they always take the time to talk with our guests to ensure that all expectations are met and exceeded during their stay.....and because they really do care, which is lovely!

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kindest Regards

Caistor Hall

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We got married here and although the planning stages were a bit of a bumpy ride, the day itself was amazing. The grounds and hotel are beautiful, and the staff bent over backwards for us and both the wedding breakfast and evening buffet were lovely too.

The bridal suite is fabulous and if you can afford the upgrade I would strongly recommend it. We are planning to return on our anniversary so would definitely recommend to others... Which I already have done!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

First visit to caistor hall. What a shame this lovely old building has been let go so much. Everything about this hotel is old and tired. Floor creeks, chairs creek and the bed you are scared to move in for creeks. Not the romantic anniversary night I had planed. Celins look like they are about to fall down and cleaning is not top of there prioritys. Only good thing about the place is the food. 0 out of ten for value for money for the room. 7 out of ten for value for money for the food. This hotel needs about a million pounds spent on it to bring it up to standard. What a shame dunstan hall was full.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Karmahill
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Very friendly and helpful receptionist when booking by telephone. Impressive from the outside and gardens were lovely and well kept. Reception very tired and needs updating as it gives a very poor first impression. Our room was very nice, bed comfortable and furniture went well with the style of the hotel. The few staff who worked late into the evening were up again early in the morning doing breakfast. What really lets this hotel down is the food. The fillet steak at £25 had been cut in half and was tough despite asking for medium rare. The lamb was served with mackerel mashed potato, although no mention of this was made on the menu and needless to say was inedible. When this was mentioned the waitress was overheard telling the chef in the kitchen and the chef was shouting. We were told that we still had to pay for the meal although it hadn't been touched. Breakfast was very disappointing with over ripe fruit, and the croissants had been frozen/defrosted and were too hard to eat. The cooked breakfast was average. On checking out we mentioned about the two meals and the receptionist confirmed that the burgers had been removed and she was obviously referring to someone else's bill. In any event, £5 was taken off for the steak and a full refund was made for the lamb. Overall, this could be a lovely hotel with a bit of care and attention, the staff were helpful but obviously overworked and the chef needs to go back to Catering College! ........ if he ever went in the first place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WheresClaire
receptionist58, Manager at Caistor Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your valued feedback.
I am so pleased that you found the receptionist friendly and helpful. I am also delighted that you had the opportunity to sample our stunning garden’s. Our gardener takes great pride in his work, resulting in a beautiful area for all to explore and enjoy. Overall I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful and comfortable stay.

I am sorry that you found the food to be an issue during your stay. I am very saddened to hear of your negative feedback regarding the food as we always receive such wonderful comments for the creativity and attention to detail our Executive Chef dedicates his time to, in order to bring our guests the finest, freshest dishes possible.

It is such a shame that we only get the opportunity to hear on this review, that your steak was not to your liking. Given the opportunity I know my team would have addressed this professionally and advised our Chef, so he could have the chance to rectify your dish to meet your requirements.

I note that you mentioned the Lamb was served with Mackerel? I would like confirm that this was in fact Anchovies and served in the form of a ‘Nicoise’ as mentioned on the menu. A ‘Nicoise’ is a traditional but technical French style salad, which is a very popular main course accompaniment and used by many well known and highly trained Chef’s. Our guests generally enjoy the creative flair our Executive Chef’s brings to the restaurant and it has been so well received. However, I am sorry that you found this not to be the case.
We did indeed compensate you for your main courses as a gesture of goodwill as we were somewhat shocked to hear your comments. I am unaware of why you mentioned you still had to pay for them as this quite simply is incorrect.

I am once again sorry to hear that your negative comments again were conveyed during Breakfast. I can confirm that in no way were the pastries frozen as they are made freshly each morning, creating a beautiful appetising aroma within the Hall.

On a whole I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful and friendly, but in no way are our staff ‘overworked,’ they are just dedicated to providing our guests with a wonderful service.

We are delighted with our Chef, his technical skills and dedication to catering, allowing him to bring the modern chef techniques to our wonderful venue.

Warm Regards

Caistor Hall Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Staff excellent but admit to being tired......very over worked. Breakfast awful. Room very tired and needs updating. Bed comfortable. Towels thin and cheap. Wardrobe dirty. Hangers odd. The meal that was served at the wedding was average. Meat well cooked vegetables not edible. Dessert good. Service very good but wine waiters were useless. Staff at the hotel were happy to sell
wines by the bottle until early hours but then the hotel DEMANDS that you are checked out by TEN AM. I have never heard of SUCH an early checkout in all my travels. The Manager is extremely Unprofessional and really needs to go to 'CHARM SCHOOL" I recommend that you read every bad review and do not expect a happy stay at this hotel. Many people that I have spoken to since our stay agree this is a hotel to be avoided in Norfolk. Do not be taken in by the beautiful grounds. Inside is shabby.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jean R
receptionist58, Manager at Caistor Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I am completely shocked by your response. Whilst I thank you for complimenting the staff who worked tirelessly to provide a wonderful wedding day for the couple, of who’s wedding you attended, and their guests alike.

Unfortunately you are the only guest out of 114 attending the wedding, who has given a negative report. All other guests were joyful and pleased with the service, food and sharing in the happiness of such a wonderful wedding day.

We remember your departure very vividly after your rude and inappropriate abusive tone towards our reception team. This is when the Owner (not the Manager!!) had to step in to protect the staff, who are here to provide an exceptional service not to take your abuse.
Our hotel check out policy is confirmed in writing on your confirmation and stated in your bedroom guide.
Having given you the benefit of the doubt our reception team did contact your room to advise you that check out was in fact 10am, but if you wish to extend your check out this would be no problem with prior notification. You decided to check out at 11:45am regardless!!

I would like to thank you for your response but believe you have not given a fair judgement of our beautiful hotel, which is and will continue to be enjoyed by so many guests.

I urge you to try reading the positive comments on this site to understand the real beauty and charm of our Georgian Hall Hotel.

Wishing you all the very best.

Manager