“The dream wedding day”
Review of Caistor Hall Hotel

Caistor Hall Hotel
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had our entire wedding day at Caistor Hall on Friday 1st August 2014 and it went better than we could possibly have imagined.

The staff are first class. Julie, Katherine and Komal did an absolutely superb job of organising the day and helping us feel at ease throughout the planning process. The entire team of staff on the day made our guests feel relaxed and were so attentive. We must pay particular thanks to our toastmaster, Nick, who was a calming, unobtrusive yet assured influence throughout. He made sure that our timings were kept and that our guests received impeccable service during the wedding breakfast.

All our guests loved the venue and commented on how fantastic the food and service was. We had a perfect day and wish to thank everyone at Caistor Hall for their help. We would thoroughly recommend getting married here.

Thank you so much.

Chris and Jess

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christopher_Hinton

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Please read this review if you are planning a wedding breakfast and reception at Caister Hall Hotel.

I held my wedding breakfast and reception here on 12th July 2014. Our marriage took place at Framingham Pigot Church, just a few minutes away. After securing the booking I read a few reviews on here and I have to say I was concerned. Several people have posted negative comments and seeing as I was expecting over 200 guests, I voiced my concern with Julie, the wedding planner. She instantly put my mind at rest.

We hired the whole venue and booked all of the bedrooms to accommodate close family and friends. My husband stayed the night before the wedding with several members of family and friends and we had a small get together that evening.

From that moment onwards, EVERYTHING was perfect. I cannot fault a single thing. The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful, as well as professional. Nothing was too much trouble.

I held several meetings with Julie, Nick and Komal and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the planning. They were knowledgable, adaptable and seemed intent on making my day a success. A bespoke package was put together and all my requests were met.

I cannot describe how amazing every aspect was. We held our wedding breakfast in the marquee. It was beautiful and laid out just as I'd requested. The food was superb. The best beef wellington I've ever had. The comments from my guests still have me smiling now. Two chefs attended our wedding as guests and both praised the quality of the food. The beef was so good we had it again on Sunday night as we were staying another night to relax.

My thanks goes to Nick who worked extremely hard all day making sure everything was perfect. I had no worries whatsoever. Guests were politely ushered around at the correct times and he ensured everything ran smoothly.

There were plenty of bar staff (as requested) to ensure getting a drink was quick and painless. We organised a free bar and Nick kept us informed of running totals and closed it when appropriate. Later in the evening we had a band called 'Ignite' and the resident DJ play in the Coach House. This worked so well and we certainly had fun dancing on the lowered dance floor. There was also plenty of space for those who wanted to sit in a quieter area as the hotel has plenty of seating areas everywhere and was utilised by my guests. The evening BBQ was wonderful.

Breakfast the next morning was, again, a success and just what everyone needed. The honeymoon suit was lovely and we enjoyed a peaceful time by staying an extra night. The staff continued to be amazing throughout Sunday and it felt like an extension to our celebrations.

This hotel is full of character and the grounds are beautiful. Yes I do admit some of the rooms need upgrading and certain areas may be slightly tired, but from my point of view this all added to the character. Some bedrooms are more 'crash pads', but we allocated these to those guests who would use them as just that, somewhere to sleep after a long day filled with food, fun and plenty of booze.

Special thanks to Nick, Julie, Komal, Catherine and the lady with blonde hair behind the bar who looked after us on Sunday (sorry I can't remember your name!).

We also had a delightful conversation with the owner on Monday morning whilst checking out and he was friendly and interested on hearing about our day.

I would 100% recommend Caistor Hall Hotel to anyone thinking of holding their special day there. I'm only sad that I can't do it again.

We will certainly be dining/staying there in the future and I look forward to my next visit. I have had so many positive messages from guests, with, 'the best wedding we've ever been to' being mentioned several times.

Once again, thank you to every member of staff for making our day the best ever.

Room Tip: Worth paying your top budget for the best room. The smaller, single rooms or some of the less expen...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The place is lovely and the food was really good too however some of the courses shouldn't have been called mains really... the pasta dish consisted of literally 6 pieces of ravioli.. and the people who had that were finished within seconds and were still hungry. Can see how it would be lovely for weddings there is a separate coach house which we used as well which has a dance area as well as a bar and seating area, although putting a heater on wouldn't have been a bad thing as it was pretty chilly!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

On 20th June, Col and I held our wedding here. It was a marvellous day and the staff made sure everything ran smoothly. Nothing was too much for them, they even cleaned the chandeliers as we had mentioned they were a bit grubby. Family and friends stayed at the hotel the night of the wedding, the rooms were lovely, very clean and quite appropriately furnished for this type of establishment - country house - we stayed in 401 the night before the wedding and the bridal suite the night of the wedding. Both were huge rooms and really lovely. The food was excellent, dinner and breakfast, and the wedding breakfast was superb. The Beef Wellington was the best we have ever tasted.

Thank you to all the staff for making our wedding so fantastic.

I would recommend this venue to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this as a treat and had a very poor experience. We booked a room around 6 weeks in advance with a hot tub, which was the main reason for booking this particular place.

We then got a phone call an hour before arriving saying there had been a mistake and the room had been double booked, and with the other couple supposedly booking months earlier, we had to be disappointed! The reception manager couldn't be more apologetic and left a bottle of wine in our room, so we took it on the chin and got on with it. Unfortunately for the hotel we later found out from the couple staying in the room we wanted (as we sat next to them in the restaurant!), that they had only booked 24 hours earlier but were given room over ourselves! We have brought this up with the management and still haven't had an explanation.

As we arrived late we booked a table in their restaurant. A big mistake. Poor under trained staff were completely overwhelmed having to look after us and a small function they had on. We waited over 1 1/2 hours for our meals, where offered no drinks or water, and 2 other tables were given the wrong food! This was a very poor and unenjoyable night. We tried to speak to the manager on the night who spent the whole evening lingering around the bar and were told he was too busy working on the function. The manager said he would refund our restaurant bill and be at reception 10 am the next day to speak to us. The next morning he was nowhere to be seen but did give the refund, so that was something.

Maybe we where unlucky, but I will never come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank James M
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Yesterday Colin and I had our wedding at Caistor Hall.

Everything about the day was perfect from beginning to end and I would like to thank the staff, in particular Julie, Nick, Karl and Evas, and the bar staff whose names I didn't get, for making it so. Nothing was too much for them and they were all smiling and friendly. The whole day flowed without a hitch.

The food was marvellous, the Beef Wellington and Rich Chocolate Terrine were the best I have ever had. Breakfast was also very good. We had a few guests with special dietary needs and the chef adapted their food to meet these needs faultlessly.

We stayed 2 nights, firstly in room 401 (which was an upgrade from what we booked) a gorgeous room with a lovely view of the garden. The second night we were in the Bridal Suite. This again was a gorgeous room, newly decorated and with a jacuzzi which was lovely to relax in the next morning. We were offered a morning paper and Col asked for a Scottish paper, few and far between in Norwich but they managed somehow to get it.

I could go on and on with how brilliant our whole experience was at Caistor Hall but I shall stop now and just finish by saying that if you are considering getting married you should strongly consider this venue.

Many thanks again to all the staff.

Karen x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tartanpaint
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had the most wonderful time at Caistor Hall Hotel last weekend. My husbands party was very well organised and went without a hitch. Staff were amazing and we stayed the night in our favourite room 426! was fabulous rounded off with lovely breakfast. Thank you Caistor Hall. Will be back very soon. This hotel is beautiful would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Romance - room 426...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends