“Great hotel - would recommend!”
Review of Caistor Hall Hotel

Caistor Hall Hotel
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel - would recommend!”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend as a getaway for Valentines and had a lovely stay.

We dinned in the restaurant which produced superb food and excellent service.

The room was spacious and very clean with all the trimmings. The 4 poster bed was a good touch. Only down side was the radiator was on full and we couldn't work out how to turn it down. But I'm sure if I could have been bothered to ask the kind staff they would've sorted it for us. It wasn't a big problem.

Enjoy your stay if you go here, which you definately should if you're looking for a well priced break away!!

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Warwickshire
Reviewed 8 February 2011

A friendly very individual hotel with luxury rooms at an excellent midweek price. If you want bland chains this is not for you, not packaged like a chain and all the nicer for it. A great booked lined library area with a roaring fire adds to the ambiance. Found my first rooms central heating a little noisy for me so was quickly moved to another room without any fuss or bother. Cooked breakfast is an extra charge.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Stayed at Caistor Hall Hotel on the night of Wednesday 19 January 2011.
First impressions of the hotel were that the establishment was ‘slightly’ run down on the outside, with a car park that could do with a little 'tidying'.
On entering the hotel, my first impressions were changed. Staff polite and very welcoming.
After checking in, I was asked if I would be dining in the restaurant, having read mixed reviews from this website, I thought I would try the experience and booked myself a table in the restaurant.
Found my room very easily, from the directions given to me by the receptionist.
Room to my satisfaction of high levels. Having stayed in many hotels around Norwich/UK, I felt Caistor Hall had a nice ambience, cleanliness and environment within my personal room and around the hotel.
Upon arriving in the restaurant, I found it rather busy. This concerned me a little, but the waiter still attended to me efficiently and promptly.
I ordered a main course of Pan Fried Duck Breast. The duck had been cooked to perfection. It was served with a parsnip moose & greens. The moose was delicate and light. I wouldn't usually order dessert, but after mains, felt I needed to try the sweets they had on offer. For dessert I enjoyed a Passion fruit Soufflé, which was also smooth and delicious, with the white chocolate ice cream complimenting the dish fabulously.
Overall, I feel my stay at Caistor Hall Hotel, was a success.
All though the hotel is a little rough around the edges, the fine dining experience praised the hotel, to make it one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
I would recommend this hotel to any friend, client or anonymous person.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
england
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Where do we begin to tell you about how amazing Caistor Hall is and how fabulous the staff are.
We had our wedding there on the 15 Oct 2010, Only one Bride per day and they make you feel soo special.
A huge thanks to Sophie the wedding co-ordinator and Master Chef Dan the food was fantastic (next time Dan you'll win master Chef) As for gentleman Mark (toast master) what a wonderful guy, you made sure that everything ran so smoothly. Notthing was too much trouble.
Nobody could do more than all the staff did for us and our wedding party.
All the rooms were excellent for decor, warmth and comfort.
The grounds and ambience of Casitor Hall Perfect for anyones wedding and excellent value for money.
What more could we say except that we have read some of the bad reviews and really really don't understand that they could possibly be writting about Caistor Hall Norwich. A thought comes to mind that some people want something for nothing and complain about anything.
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING SO SO SPECIAL.
Colin and Gill

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gillmartins93
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I could comment on how horrible the decor, food and service was in our very brief stay, but all I need comment is how the owner seemd to leer after our underage daughter. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
11 Thank 186402Sheila

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2010

we had our wedding yesterday at this hotel and can truly say we had the time of our lives. from the moment we booked this 9 months ago the service and assistance from this hotel has been fantastic. the members of staff at our wedding were very profesional and at the same time made you feel very welcome as if they had known you for years, particulary matt and sarah, these two people really know how to provide you with that personal touch. the food was just amazing as arrived lovely and hot and was wonderful in taste, compliments to all the chefs on such a lovely tasting menu. the presentation from the start of the day right through to the ebd was immaculate with great care and attention being taken at every step to ensure our special day was as we expected, the down side to this report is only to say that on the price paid for our day it would have been nice to maybe have seen a small complimentry bottle of wine or chapaigne in our room, it felt that once the day was over they switched of from paying us attention, also at the end of a 12 hour exhausting day we were refused a cup of coffee to wind down with a tew remaining guests, this would have been a perfect end to a perfect day if a little more thought had gone into our request, having said that this truly is a wonderful place for any wedding, with just a couple of tweeks hee and there we could have given 100% reating but feel honesty is best and give it 90%. hope this helps future views.

• Stayed September 2010
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We had our wedding at Caistor Hall in September 2010 and we could not fault it at all.

The wedding co-ordinator Sarah made us feel special from the first time we met. Yes they do a lot of weddings at Caistor Hall but there is a reason for that!! It is a fantastic venue for a wedding. They only do 1 wedding a day whereas some places you go have more than 1 and we were able to have different rooms for different parts of the wedding instead of having to ask our guests to vacate the room so they could get it ready for the evening.

All of the staff were brilliant. They could not do enough for us. Every staff member was helpful and a lot of our guests made the same comment.

Compliments to the chef, Dan Savage, because the food was lovely. They managed to cater for a large group of people with no fuss and all of the food was hot and delicious.

The bridal suite was also everything you could ask for. The huge four poster bed was extremely comfortable.

We have already been to 5 other friends weddings this year and this venue was by far and away the best (even if we do say so ourselves!!). We would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks Caistor Hall for making our day fantastic.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple