Open today: 12:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Wedding reception

Firstly I would like to say how accommodating the landlord is, booked the function room for 40 odd... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
GuestSOC
Such a shame..

I really love this pub, been coming in for a couple of months but really disappointed that there... read more

Reviewed 18 November 2018

from US$16.14
More Info
from US$25.45
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I recently had my leaving party at the Whalebone and was so impressed! A lovely back room for a party and fantastic and friendly staff. It was a brilliant evening from start to finish and I would highly recommend it to others.

There is plenty of space, excellent service at the bar and I was told the bbq was delicious (even though I unfortunately was too focused on mingling with friends and family to try it myself)!

Another part of this pub that I like is how friendly and welcoming the local drinkers are. I went in 3 times around my party date to set things up or collect items, and on all occasions I got chatting to very friendly and interesting people. This made the pub seem even more likeable to me, and that anyone is welcome to join.

On my return to the UK I will definitely be going back to visit and I will be keeping in touch with the pub whilst I am on my travels. Overall a fantastic experience.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 16 July 2016

The Whalebone is a proper pub, rooted in the community and welcoming to all. Well managed, with great service and a clever balance of traditional pub and modern bar, catering to beer drinkers and wine drinkers alike. Excellent covered and heated garden with table service. Best pub in the area.

Date of experience: July 2016
Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for your glowing review of the Whalebone. It is so rewarding for us to have such complimentary remarks relating to parts of the business at which we try so very hard to get right for the benefit of our customers and we are so pleased that you had a pleasurable experience.
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We arrived at opening, the barmaid was friendly and informative. Had a Humpty Dumpty Reedham Gold - lovely, but the Grain 316 was catching my eye. A sample soon arrived from the Landlord, I ordered a Pint shortly thereafter. A great space, good service and beer in top condition. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: May 2016
Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

Your happy experience is just what we love to hear. Thank you for taking the time to share this with others.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Called in tonight on way home - told they were closed for "new entrants" after 11pm.
Plenty of better choices locally - fat cat brewery tap or lord roseberry. Avoid this place. - seems to think it doesn't need customers....

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 16 May 2016

The function room , the pub itself are beyond very good. Staff and the owners are amazing. Nothing is a trouble or a problem. The place is friendly , full of laughther and great atmosphere . Whalebone hosted my daughter christening party. If you and your guests want to have a wanderfull time choose them. You want regret it!! Thank you!!

Date of experience: April 2016

Thank you for the kind words following your christening party at The Whalebone our Management and staff will so be pleased that their efforts were not only recognised but added to the success on the day.