“Top pub”

Whalebone Freehouse
Ranked #23 of 76 Nightlife in Norwich
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Always well kept ales on and a good selection of lagers too. Brilliant garden/smoking area and atmosphere in general.

Tip - Buy a pint of pork scratching's and you get a free Labrador until they run out

Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Whalebone and Harvey the Labrador
will be delighted to see you again soon . Oh ! don't forget to top up with pork scratchings.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"pubs"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I recently had my leaving party at the Whalebone and was so impressed! A lovely back room for a party and fantastic and friendly staff. It was a brilliant evening from start to finish and I would highly recommend it to others.

There is plenty of space, excellent service at the bar and I was told the bbq was delicious (even though I unfortunately was too focused on mingling with friends and family to try it myself)!

Another part of this pub that I like is how friendly and welcoming the local drinkers are. I went in 3 times around my party date to set things up or collect items, and on all occasions I got chatting to very friendly and interesting people. This made the pub seem even more likeable to me, and that anyone is welcome to join.

On my return to the UK I will definitely be going back to visit and I will be keeping in touch with the pub whilst I am on my travels. Overall a fantastic experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

The Whalebone is a proper pub, rooted in the community and welcoming to all. Well managed, with great service and a clever balance of traditional pub and modern bar, catering to beer drinkers and wine drinkers alike. Excellent covered and heated garden with table service. Best pub in the area.

Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for your glowing review of the Whalebone. It is so rewarding for us to have such complimentary remarks relating to parts of the business at which we try so very hard to get right for the benefit of our customers and we are so pleased that you had a pleasurable experience.
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We arrived at opening, the barmaid was friendly and informative. Had a Humpty Dumpty Reedham Gold - lovely, but the Grain 316 was catching my eye. A sample soon arrived from the Landlord, I ordered a Pint shortly thereafter. A great space, good service and beer in top condition. Highly recommended.

Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

Your happy experience is just what we love to hear. Thank you for taking the time to share this with others.