Open today: 12:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Wedding reception

Firstly I would like to say how accommodating the landlord is, booked the function room for 40 odd... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
GuestSOC
Such a shame..

I really love this pub, been coming in for a couple of months but really disappointed that there... read more

Reviewed 18 November 2018

from US$16.20
More Info
from US$25.41
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent pub really great lovely ales on offer bar staff really friendly and helpful the bar it's self is excellent and the pub is quite large inside plenty of room and very comfortable.There is also a heated terrace which is brilliant and a private function room which can be hired (I was attending a friends party here) all in all a great pub with a proper traditional feel

Date of experience: December 2016
Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear tuppy325
Thank you for taking time to post a kind review following your recent visit to the Whalebone and we are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and the experience. It's always interesting to note how people are surprised by the size and the number of trading areas once inside the front door and we love your Headline "Proper" as its how we aim to be!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely pub. Good beer. Great atmosphere. Nice staff and a really friendly dog. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of experience: September 2016
Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Whalebone and will pass your your kind words to Harvey The Labrador, who doubtless will make a big fuss of you next time you visit the Whalebone.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This pub looks really good from the outside. great service and a well run pub. Good selection of beers. The garden out the back is lovely and table service is available,

Date of experience: July 2016
Mike L, Owner at Whalebone Freehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

It's great when we can tick all the boxes for our customers. Thank you for your kind review

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Always well kept ales on and a good selection of lagers too. Brilliant garden/smoking area and atmosphere in general.

Tip - Buy a pint of pork scratching's and you get a free Labrador until they run out

Date of experience: August 2016

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Whalebone and Harvey the Labrador
will be delighted to see you again soon . Oh ! don't forget to top up with pork scratchings.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I recently had my leaving party at the Whalebone and was so impressed! A lovely back room for a party and fantastic and friendly staff. It was a brilliant evening from start to finish and I would highly recommend it to others.

There is plenty of space, excellent service at the bar and I was told the bbq was delicious (even though I unfortunately was too focused on mingling with friends and family to try it myself)!

Another part of this pub that I like is how friendly and welcoming the local drinkers are. I went in 3 times around my party date to set things up or collect items, and on all occasions I got chatting to very friendly and interesting people. This made the pub seem even more likeable to me, and that anyone is welcome to join.

On my return to the UK I will definitely be going back to visit and I will be keeping in touch with the pub whilst I am on my travels. Overall a fantastic experience.

Date of experience: August 2016