“Can,t fault it”

Ranked #16 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Can,t fault it”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I,m very picky and normally manage to find fault with something but I,ve racked my brains and can,t find anything to complain about!! Stayed with 6 friends, middle aged ladies all, and no problems with cleanliness, breakfast really good, individually freshly cooked, no greasiness. Breakfast served by the man of the house who happily moved chairs around so we could all sit at one table. Highly recommended. Diana

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Booked in advance and emailed them to clarify bus route as couldn't find the buses quoted on their website in the route planner. They didn't reply and ended up at 10pm wandering round norwich trying to find a non existent bus service.
Room was ok but bath had slope directly above it which meant the only way to take a shower was by crouching in the bath plus got burnt several times as water goes from hot to cold to hot quite erratically. Breakfast was average and the guy running it seems more bothered about returning to his room to watch tv than being around for his customers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was our second stay at the Wensum guest house, we stayed for 3 nights. Our room was very clean, comfortable bed , good shower,and a great breakfast each day. Nick and his staff were really helpful and polite. Plenty of parking space. Next time we go back to Norwich we will contact the Wensum first.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here recently and didn't regret it at all - at the time I stayed there. The whole house was immaculate and comfortable and the single room I booked (ensuite) had a comfortable bed and modern nice furnishings. The bathroom was not so good, however, becuase it had a tiny sink and no ledge for toiletries and a sloped ceiling and no proper shower cubicle. It was bath or shower by sitting in the bath and running the shower head over yourself.The room also had a skylight window too (not a walled window), which I couldn't not open if the room got too warm. Breakfast was very good with hot full English choices and the usual cereal and fruit and toast. I didn't rank this guest house a 5 because I was rather let down after I left. I forgot to pack my large used only once tube of toothpaste and my electric tooth brush and rang the guest house to send them on to me (offering to pay postage and packing and not minding if they incorporated inconvenience extra into the price). They duly obliged- with both - but they conducted this task pretty reluctantly, in my view and still insisted on charging me £10 (a fixed charge) for sending it first class (far more than the postage to send) and, even after asking them to send both items to me. The package arrived yesterday, yet they still didn't send me the toothpaste (worth about £3.50) and this suggests to me that they believe that housekeeping theft (which is what it is) is perfectly acceptable. I don't agree. So be careful about losing your belongings and double check you have everything before leaving because the owners appear to turn every guest mistake into a business opportunity to make money or keep freebies. On the strength of this experience alone, I am inclined to book elsewhere in future becuase I think their attitude over this is remiss and unacceptable. I am glad I didn't leave my watch behind.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denny0612
NickSmith789, Manager at Wensum Guest House, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your constructive remarks about Wensum Guest House. However, regarding the toothbrush, this was returned to you as requested by recorded / tracked delivery. The cost for this service by the post office was £6.95. In this case we have added an additional £3.05 to cover our costs for which we would normally charge £6.00. (This does require a good deal of staff time at the local post office).
Regarding your comments on the toothpaste, we find you comments offensive and strongly object to the wording which appears to falsely accuse our housekeeping staff of theft. We did not recover the toothpaste as it is not our usual policy to hold onto part used toiletries. This would have been disposed of after the cleaning of the room on the day of departure.
Redland City, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Easy place to stay in Norwich. Twenty minute walk into town and thirty two medieval churches to explore. Room was clean and tidy. Staff were easy to get along with and breakfast was hearty. A good choice if you require a B&B in Norwich. Plenty of off street parking and good WiFi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here this weekend and found the room (no 16) to be very clean and comfortable. Excellent tea tray with ample supplies (although no herbal teas). Breakfast the next morning was excellent and they did have herbal teas to serve with breakfast. I would imagine if I had asked the very helpful lady on reception she would have found me some herbal teabags. she was very friendly and showed us to our room on arrival and put some cheese in the fridge for us overnight that we had bought in the town. This llovely guesthouse is very convienient for walking into the centre of Norwich, which we did that evening for dinner. A couple of little niggles though, reception is closed after 9pm with nobody at all on duty. The other thing, the walls are very thin so we could hear next door in the shower and we were on the ground floor so were disturbed about 1;30 in the morning with the people in the upstairs room coming in. However, it was a very nice experience and we would use this guesthouse again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great rooms,clean,tidy. friendly staff, breakfast was really good defently will stay here again and great value for money. Well done wensum guest house :) good for business, family, hen/stag do's, couples. Will always book with wensum guest house when visiting Norwich.

Room Tip: Book in advance.