The Beeches Apartments
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Norwich
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Last year my son came back from Afgan and wanted to book an appartment so he could spend time with his girlfriend. He accidentally booked a double bedroom and within two minutes rang up and asked for either a cancellation or an appartment. The staff promised to ring back, promised to speak to the boss, promised this and promised that. They never called him or me back, made loads of excuses and eventually refused to do anything for someone who had watched his boss blow up and his friends die. When we realised that he was going to have pay for an appartment somewhere else and also pay for the MJB room, I decided to use the room. On speaking to the now famous Emma she said the rom would be available and the call ended. Or so Emma thought.....She didnt hang up properly and I dont think she liked me much and spent the next few minutes describing me as various four letter types. Amazingly when someone else in the room realised that I was still on the line she didnt want to talk to me.
As to the room in was okay although it was cold and the shower was like being shot by blind 4 year olds with luke warm waterpistols.... I wouldnt want to book them again but I would like to meet Emma and the rest of the staff and see what they would say face to face.

Room Tip: Spend the money and stay anywhere else. Compared to MJB a park bench is better
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank thehappylaptop
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We booked this apartment as an addition to our apartment (9F) for my 77 year old mother.

Oh dear! Firstly, the accommodation is on 2 floors which is not detailed in the description. The stairs down to the dark basement where the kitchen and sitting room are located is very steep and the ballustrade and bannister are very rickety. The bedroom was OK and the bathroom was passable but there was no doorknob on the bathroom door.

I was very worried that my mother would fall down the stairs but, thankfully, this did not happen. A bulb was missing from one of the bedside table lamps and the other bulbs were very dim so not bright enough to read.

I learnt afterwards that this apartment is notorious for its awfulness and feel embarrassed that I did not know about its reputation beforehand. Luckily though, there was no sewage in the apartment which has been mentioned in earlier reviews - a plus (!).

The occupants of the room above were noisy from 3 - 6am.

Room Tip: Don't use 9E but DO take ear plugs to block out the inconsiderate 'neighbours'.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Just checked into the Lodge hotel part of MJB Group, the owners, on unthank road. I have never seen such a disgusting place like this. Hairs on the sheets from the last person who was here which obviously means they never changed the linen. Room not clean, toilet seat with stains of pee, carpet really dirty and smells of damp. Never ever ever waste your money and book with any of MJB hotels unless you love dirty, disgusting and smelly room. To top it all off you wake up in the morning with bed bug bites. I wouldnt stay here even if they paid me.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank malloh06
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I did wonder what a £10 a night hotel would be like.
It wasn't a 5* luxury experience but you can't expect that kind of quality if you are paying this price.
Room was spacious.Some of the furniture was a little worn but everything worked fine.The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and quiet.A bathroom with a bath and shower.Only issue was there was no soap.
Situation was easy to find and only 15mins walk from the city.
There was a bar and reasonably priced restaurant that although I did not try,looked pretty good.
Overall I thought it was really good value for money and I would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

W ell having looked at the pictures on the web of the apartment and you know what number you are staying at , 9c MJB apartments unthank road, norwich. Got there plenty of time with food in cool box and a evening in with the family we thought first night. WEnt in side funny smell but looked clean, went to but food in fridge , the fridge had been un pluged and smelt horrible, but i clean it best i could ,pluged the frige in put food away, next went to the bed room very tidy and clean, bathroom not as show on web wrong photos on wrong room to start down two staires the toilet no light as someone had cut the cord, then next room sink bat with shower over bath , was tidy, next shower room with no door to the room so shower for all to see, and the shower door to the cubicle was hanging off. The overall place needs a up lift. And the fridge never worked so wasted lots food not good, had to fill a bowl of cold water to keep thing cool. So if anyone is going to this apartment soon and you get 9c make sure they have fixed these items first. Wouldnt have minded if they let me know before then a least its my choice as what we all could have done.

Room Tip: Check the photos and all info
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family