Holiday Inn Express Norwich
US$226
US$100
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge asdaasda supermarketsports centreskating rinkair conbasic hotelleisure centrenorwich airportbreakfast was includedtwin roompleasant stayvisiting familyyogurtshort stayone night staytown centrefamily room
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We booked this hotel for a weekend of shopping as we love norwich shops!
Arrived earlier than the check in time but were told all 5 rooms were ready and could go up when we wanted. The rooms were spotlessly clean and a fair size, all with a sofa. View wasnt much but we wernt expecting one. We booked a taxi into the town as we didnt think we'd be able to park 4 cars together on a saturday lunchtime. Taxis to the middle of town cost £10 there and £7 back. We had arranged to use the hotels leisure centre passes at £5 per day and a group of us used the pool in the late afternoon which i would really recommend. Bar was reasonably priced - coke and a southern comfort with coke cost £4.30
All the staff we met were really friendly and couldnt do more to help. I had forgotten my contact lens solution and called down to reception at about 11.30pm and was told they'd have a look and call back. 2 minutes later they called and said they didnt have any but had a saline eye wash which would do the job and bought it up to me.

Breakfast the next morning was nice. Small cooked breakfast - sausage, hash browns, beans and egg. Fruit selection, pastries, and cereal.

Only comments would be that the parking was a bit manic. Its next to an asda and lesuire centre and they share their car parks so parked about a bit away from the hotel but moved it in the afternoon when asda had cleared out abit.

Would definately stay here again and recommend to all!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Libby2312
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. Your comment regarding your recent stay with us mine a lot to all the hotel staff and I am glad that you found the staff to be helpful. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast choice and that you didn't come across any major problems during your stay.
I also would like to apologize for park issue. Due to the layout of our car park, the Esporta Health Club members and the Ice Rink customers share the car park with our guests. As you experienced yourself the car park can get busy during this 2 businesses peak opening times especially at the weekend. Fortunately the car park is free of charge and more car park spaces are available on bottom level of Asda car park.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again, is much appreciated when customers take a time to give us positive feedback.

Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express Norwich, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Very pleasant weekend in a h/i express.
all the staff were excellent and went the extra mile to make our stay more enjoyable
thanks

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank alanprior

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Norwich.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you didn't come across any problems during your stay. I am also glad that you found our hotel staff to be friendly, your positive comment regarding hotel staff mine a lot to all of us.

I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We have just returned from the Holiday Inn after a two-night break with a coach party.
Check-in was painless, a young lady came onto the bus and told us what was what and then handed out keys etc as we entered the hotel.
We had a lovely room on the ground floor, ample space, very comfortable HUGE bed, tea making facilities etc.
Had a problem getting heat on but someone came down and sorted it out very quickly.
Considering we were a large party the food and service was excellent at all meals.
The breakfasts at Holiday Inns and usually very good and this was no exception. The two evening meals were very good although there was no salas available on the second night.
All in all a very good experience. The staff were were polite and helpful. We would use it again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank EastYorkshireTerry
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. Your comment regarding your recent stay with us mine a lot to all the hotel staff and I am glad that you found the staff to be helpful. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you didn't come across any major problems during your stay. I am sorry that you found our AC system to be difficult to operate; however I am glad that we could sort this issue out promptly. I'd like to thank you for your positive comments regarding breakfast and evening meals service. Is much appreciated when customers such as you give us positive feedback.

I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

As usual with the Holiday Inn the staff were excellent; always friendly and efficient with nothing being too much trouble for them,
Bar and restaurant areas were bright and spacious. The food is only average however.
Plenty of parking space on the site where the hotel stands and there are great facilities on the site as well. An ice rink next door, a sports centre with indoor tennis courts just a minute away and an Asda superstore two minutes away. The town centre is some distance away, so taxis are necessary for an evening out.
My only concern with the hotel was the tiny twin room I was allocated with its lack of wardrobe space, barely enough room for one person's clothing.
That aside I recommend this hotel unreservedly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank KWSharp

I am glad that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and provided you with excellent customer service. I am also please that you like the hotel's design and surrounding area.
I am sorry about the lack of wardrobe space in the room; unfortunately we are limited because of the brand standard of Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was a two night stay while attending a race meeting at Snetterton.
Check-in was polite,and quick, with my Priority Club status been acknowledged. The room, at the rear of the hotel was quiet and clean.

Breakfast was good, with a good choice, and had hash brown instead of scrambled egg, a definite improvement in my opinion. Sometimes it is difficult find a parking place close to the hotel in the car park.

Overall, I'd say this was the best of the Holiday Inn options in the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank PDPhoto
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

I am very pleased to hear that you find our hotel to be the best hotel from the Intercontinental Hotels Group in Norwich. I'd like to thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and our breakfast. Customer service is one thing we as a hotel pride ourselves on and appreciate when customers such as yourself give us feedback.
I also would like to apologise for park issue. Due to the layout of our car park, the Esporta Health Club members and the Ice Rink customers share the car park with our guests. The benefits are that the car park is free of charge and more car park spaces are also available on bottom level of Asda car park. However if you require to park directly in the front of the hotel, please do not hesitate to contact reception and we will be able to move our hotel vans and let you use the car park space instead.