Having stayed in my first Holiday Inn Express Hotel two weeks earlier, i was interested to find out how they varied from place to place. The standard was again very good for the price, but one problem surfaced again. The electrical sockets are all on the one side again, and not the side i was wanting them on. This room had three electrical sockets, as opposed to the one socket in Glasgow HIE. They were once again on the side away from the bed though. For CPAP users this is not good enough. The breathing machine has to be close to the bed. having had doubts about this before arrival, due to my experiences in Glasgow, I had thought to ask at reception for an extension lead. They were kind enough to loan me a large extension lead with four sockets, but had to search quite a while to find it. The staff were very professional and friendly.
The room was very clean and tidy, and well proportioned. The bed was very comfortable, and large. the pillow choice of either firm or soft is a very good "touch." There is the usual complimentary kettle, with tea and coffee. This is useless to me, as I don't drink either. I asked for drinking chocolate at reception, but none was available. Thankfully, there is a large Asda Superstore adjacent to the hotel, and I was able to buy some there. (For any American readers, Asda is owned by Wal-Mart.) The bathroom was very clean, and modern.
The TV was modern, but lacked variety in channels. The price of GBP10.00 for 24 hours of W-fi is a disgrace. Most hotels have it as a free service, or at a reasonable fee. I would never pay this ridiculous price for what would usually mean a maximum of 2-4 hours usage.
There is a fitness centre also next door to the hotel. As it was a one-night stay, I did not get the chance to partake. One nice surprise was the free car-parking at the hotel.
Breakfast was the usual fayre of Holiday Inn Express.(Same as Glasgow, at least.)
The Wi-fi and TV policy at this hotel would make me think twice about using it again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Norwich is a new 78 bedroom hotel on the Norwich Sports Village Complex. This Modern Hotel hosts a neighbouring Esporta Health and Raquet Club, the Royal Norfolk Golf Club, and the only Ice Rink in Norfolk, Ice Experience. All our guests can take advantage of all the facilities at the Health and Raquet club Swimming, Gym etc, for a daily fee as well as enjoy a round of golf or take advantage of our special GOLF BREAK Package contact our reception for special rates.Also enjoy ice skating at the Ice Experience. Our guest can take advantage of our rail/airport Courtesy Shuttle bus which runs daily and can be booked at reception from 8am - 9.30pm. The Express by Holiday Inn is located 2.5 miles from Norwich City Centre and 1.9MI from Norwich International Airport just off the A140. The hotel has been designed to combine contemporary design with comfortable accommodation and value pricing, catering for both business and leisure travellers. Each of the 78 bedrooms has a desk area with high speed internet access, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV with satellite channels and an invigorating power shower. Our rates include Continental Breakfast which is served in the Great Room which is also a relaxing and informal place to unwind with a drink from our bar or to enjoy a Light Snack from our evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Norwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Norwich Hotel Norwich
- Holiday Inn Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Norwich Norfolk