Holiday Inn Express Norwich
The Gables(Norwich)
Pine Lodge(Norwich)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge asdaasda supermarketsports centreskating rinkair conbasic hotelleisure centrenorwich airportbreakfast was includedtwin roompleasant stayvisiting familyyogurtshort stayone night staytown centrefamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel in October 2012 for two nights and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. We were welcomed by the friendly staff at reception who explained everything to us clearly. The room was a nice size, very clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel overall was of modern standard.

The location of the hotel is excellent to access the town centre. It has its own car park which is an added bonus.

At the bar the staff went out of their way to serve us and had a nice conversation with them. The food at the hotel was excellent. The overall customer service experience at this hotel was excellent.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

~ Mr and Mrs Patel

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_Patel
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you didn't come across any problems during your stay. I am glad to know you are satisfied with our hotels comfortable and spacious rooms and also by the high- level off customer service provided by our staff members. Your positive comments are very valuable to all of hotel staff.

I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Arrived Here 26/2/13 for a nights stay. Check in was very swift with a pleasent man behind reception. Got to the rooms (we had 2 rooms for 2 couples). we had booked smoking rooms thinking that they would just be located nearer to the exits to the building but they where infact rooms you could actually smoke in (didnt know these still existed in the uk!) so you could imagin the smell of the room! wasnt going to make an issue out of it because i had obviously booked them, wouldnt of been so bad if we could of opened a window! The view from the room is pretty awful, it was scaffolding and what looked like a rubbish area...niceeee. Got a Taxi into the town which was £6..very good! Breakfast the next morning was nice. nice to see they do Mullerlight yoguarts :) Check out was fine. ALL the staff where really nice, expecially the lad behind the reception and the bar the night we arrived, and on Breakfast the following morning, very plesent chap! All in all was ok, just the View from the room was pretty shocking! Oh, and the shower wasnt too great. Stayed in room 005

Room Tip: Bring air freshener!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Please accept my apology for the appearance of the smoking room you booked with us. I am sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations. Our hotel still provides 14 smoking rooms which are located on the separate ground floor. Our staff is always more then happy to help and move your room to non-smoking in order to provide accommodation that best suits your needs.

I will ensure that your comment regarding the shower experience will be communicated back to the Maintenance department and that all issues will be dealt with properly.

It is great to know that the friendly and helpful attitude we promote has been appreciated on this occasion.

Again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, as it’s only from guest comments we be able to continually strive to improve our service.

I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Having stayed in Holiday Inn's all round the country and my daughter also an employee for the IHG brand, I thought nothing could go wrong by staying at this hotel...

On check in, the young gentleman on reception greeted me rather abruptly by saying 'Amanda, I presume?' .. I must have been keeping him waiting. Delightful gentleman which I was to meet again on check out the following day. After checking into my smoking room, which I did book, I tried to open a window to let some air in this stuffy room. Alas, I could not open the windows at all throughout the course of my stay. So ofcourse, I turned to the air con to cool the room down. Disaster strikes again as the air con failed to turn on at all. After the room becoming exceedingly hot with no source of air coming from anywhere I decided to make a cup of tea, as any person would after a long day of driving and conferences. The kettle and cups were there, great, it wasn't all bad. But was there any tea bags? Coffee sachets? Milk Cartons? Ofcourse there weren't. After trying to contact reception several times to rectify this issue, I simply gave up and went to bed.

And then we come to my check out experience, which I have to say was dismal. The same ''lovely'' gentleman that checked me in was also checking me out. Upon my arrival at the desk, I was greeted by him in a better mood than the night before thank god, however he never asked how my stay was or confirmed what I had on my bill, simply asked for my card and entered the amount. I tried to express my concerns over my stay whilst paying and he just completely dismissed anything I said with 'Well... have a nice journey back home'

I would of settle for a little sympathy from him even if it was forced, but no nothing. The amount of training that gentleman will need on customer service is rather large. I have never experienced such an awful stay in all my time staying at the Holiday Inn, and dare I say perhaps The Premier Inn would have been more appropriate!!!

3  Thank Amanda N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Amanda N,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the desk staff and the air conditioning issue you have experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. This issue will be addressed immediately. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Having stayed in my first Holiday Inn Express Hotel two weeks earlier, i was interested to find out how they varied from place to place. The standard was again very good for the price, but one problem surfaced again. The electrical sockets are all on the one side again, and not the side i was wanting them on. This room had three electrical sockets, as opposed to the one socket in Glasgow HIE. They were once again on the side away from the bed though. For CPAP users this is not good enough. The breathing machine has to be close to the bed. having had doubts about this before arrival, due to my experiences in Glasgow, I had thought to ask at reception for an extension lead. They were kind enough to loan me a large extension lead with four sockets, but had to search quite a while to find it. The staff were very professional and friendly.

The room was very clean and tidy, and well proportioned. The bed was very comfortable, and large. the pillow choice of either firm or soft is a very good "touch." There is the usual complimentary kettle, with tea and coffee. This is useless to me, as I don't drink either. I asked for drinking chocolate at reception, but none was available. Thankfully, there is a large Asda Superstore adjacent to the hotel, and I was able to buy some there. (For any American readers, Asda is owned by Wal-Mart.) The bathroom was very clean, and modern.

The TV was modern, but lacked variety in channels. The price of GBP10.00 for 24 hours of W-fi is a disgrace. Most hotels have it as a free service, or at a reasonable fee. I would never pay this ridiculous price for what would usually mean a maximum of 2-4 hours usage.
There is a fitness centre also next door to the hotel. As it was a one-night stay, I did not get the chance to partake. One nice surprise was the free car-parking at the hotel.

Breakfast was the usual fayre of Holiday Inn Express.(Same as Glasgow, at least.)

The Wi-fi and TV policy at this hotel would make me think twice about using it again if in the area.

Room Tip: Be aware of the very high cost of Wi-Fi.
2  Thank Alan_LDSUK
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I am glad that you took a time to share your hotel experience online.

I am sorry to hear that you disliked the Wi-fi and TV policy at our hotel. We are in the process of changing our internet provider so that we can have more flexibility to offer more competitive internet cost.

It was great to hear you were pleased with breakfast service, free parking and found the hotel staff to be helpful. I am also glad that our reception staff assisted you promptly and provided the extension lead.

Once again thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Norwich and I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed here in January for one night, and was pleased overall.

The rooms are modern, clean and well presented and also a reasonable size. The reception was efficient, and the breakfast was above average for a HI Express.

The hotel is quite well located with a sports club next door, and a large supermarket just on the other side of the carpark. Views from the rooms are not pretty, but then thats not why I was staying here.

I would have been happier if they had cleared the carpark of snow and ice a bit better, but I realise that was difficult given the weather.

1  Thank gwaredd

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and that you did not come across any issues.