“Family Stoppover” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Bedfordshire
“Family Stoppover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed for one night to visit family in the nearby area, so the location was good for us. This hotel is a super conversion of the old "Sports Village Hotel" which used to be a bit cheap and cheerful. It now displays the usual Hilton style, very well laid out with nice comfortable rooms and a clean stylish reception and lounge/dining area. The buffet breakfast selection was extensive with plenty of choice of cereals, fruit, bread, cakes and some cooked items. If not exactly a "full English" it is certainly delivers a full stomach to travel on. There is plenty of parking on site but there is competition with people using the fitness club and overspill from Asda customers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BenSayer, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am extremely pleased the staff were polite and helpful during your stay and will pass your comments on to the team. I am also pleased you enjoyed your evening meal with us. We regularly update our menus to ensure we offer a variety of products for our guests to enjoy.

We understand our location may not be suitable for every guest in terms of visiting tourist attractions; however, we are lucky to be situated on the Norwich Ring Road which provides very easy access into Norwich City Centre and all surrounding areas. This can easily be accessed by car or local bus stop (3 minute walk from hotel) which runs regularly.

I apologise we were not able to offer you free Wi-Fi in our hotel. Due to a contract with our internet supplier, we cannot currently offer this. We are due to offer a 30 minute free Wi-Fi pass to all guests at the end of the year when we upgrade our current contract.

Once again, thank you for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Ben Sayer
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We visited Norwich during bank holiday weekend and stayed at this hotel . Our experience was good starting from the check in and finishing with checkout. The staff was polite but seemed to be very busy although hotel looked rather quiet. Our room was nice and tidy and had enough space for our party of 3. We also were too lazy and had chosen to eat at our hotel-so we enjoyed our tasty dinner. Our breakfast on the following day was too big for our stomachs. There are 2 disadvantages of this hotel. First one it is situated far away from touristic attractions. Second there is no free of charge Internet available. But you can enjoy shopping at Asda or go to gym and even have a swim next door .

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sonofmyparents
BenSayer, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and found check-in/check-out a smooth procedure. I am also pleased you enjoyed your evening meal and Express Start breakfast. I will pass your positive comments on to our food and beverage champion.

I apologise you were not able to use the free internet available on our complimentary Guest PC. We experienced a technical issue with the internet on this computer which could only be resolved with the call out of an engineer.

Thank you once again for your feedback.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Ben Sayer
Guest Service Manager
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed here for one night, while visiting a relative in Norwich. We had a late arrival, about 10.30pm reception was very welcoming and our room on the first floor was clean and warm.
The bed was a bit hard for me but other than that it was ideal for what we needed. Breakfast was a choice of cooked, cereals or continental, coffee tea and juices and was included in the price (£59 a night for 2). Overall excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank candghicks7
BenSayer, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

I am pleased you were greeted pleasantly upon your late arrival. We take great pride in our staff customer service quality and I will pass your comments on to the relevant staff member. I am also pleased you were satisfied with the rate you paid and enjoyed our complimentary Express Start Breakfast.

I apologies you felt the bed was slightly too firm for your personal preference. It is always difficult meeting the perfect mattress comfort for each guest, however I can assure that our 'Hypnos' mattresses are there to meet the Holiday Inn Express brand standards. I will pass your comments to the IHG directly.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great staff, neat tidy room, great breakfast and although in a rather tatty suburb opposite a large supermarket this is a great hotel.smoking rooms too which is a great bonus. Cannot rate the staff too highly....don't you think they always make or break a stay...this bunch made it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MalcolmRead
Thank you for such positive comments regarding our staff at Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I will pass these onto the team for you who I'm sure will be pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am also glad you enjoyed your smoking room at our hotel. We are fortunate to still offer a limited number of these rooms to our guests upon request.

Once again, thank you. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed here as a last minute over easter, on arrival greeted by very friendly staff, nothing seemed too much trouble, welcoming reception area, room was very comfortable, more than adequate breakfast, got great deal on room rate as used the government rate as work for council so all in all a very pleasant stay, would def recommend

3 Thank Samantha C
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

I am glad that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and provided you with excellent customer service. I will ensure your positive comment will be passed on our team.
It was great to hear you were pleased with your room, breakfast service and that you felt it was value for money.

Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express Norwich, we hope to welcome you back soon.
manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have just spent a easter break at the Holiday inn express Norwich. I had two uncomfortable nights as the room as freezing cold. After complaining to reception we were given a mini heater, but the heating in the room still wasnt warm. The reception staff brought another heater up but rather than fix the problem, a sticky plaster was put to try and rectify the situation. I believe the heating in the room is either restricted or set to summer setting either way the problem wasnt resolved for our stay (other people on the second floor complained as welll as our party). The breakfast selection doesnt get replaced quickly enough and felt it was under staffed. The beds were so cheap and nasty. I would never go back to this hotel and brings the reputation of the brand down. The only plus side was that this hotel doesnt seem to attract drunk people waking everyone up.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

I am very sorry that you came across several problems during your stay with us. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. Our hotel wants all guests to have the best stay possible and I know how this issue would affect your stay with us.

Please accept my apology for AC being out of order during your stay. Unfortunately this problem could not be resolved straight away by our hotel team. The reception staff did they best by providing blanket and electric heaters. Thank you very much for your understanding.

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comment has been communicated back to our Food and Beverage Champion in order to improve our breakfast service.

Once again please accept my apology for all inconvenience caused during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Sunderland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We recently stayed for two nights whilst Visiting our Daughter, nice welcoming entrance and lobby.
Staff friendly, bar area, rooms clean and modern, nice bathroom.
Only faults - no room service, not much choice for cooked breakfast, and rooms could do with more tea and coffee supplies. My husband and myself tried the cheesy garlic bread and chilli con carne which were quite tasty and reasonably priced.
All in all a pleasant stay with a short drive from the centre of norwich.

3 Thank vix81
UlaCiesielska, at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 7 April 2013

I am glad that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and provided you with high standard customer service. I am also please that you like the hotel's design, location and cleanliness.

I’m sorry to hear that you found the hot breakfast choice to be poor. Unfortunately brand standard regulation doesn't allow us to provide more options as well as we are not allowed to have room service.