Holiday Inn Express Norwich
US$116
US$107
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge asdaasda supermarketsports centreskating rinkair conbasic hotelleisure centrenorwich airportbreakfast was includedtwin roompleasant stayvisiting familyyogurtshort stayone night staytown centrefamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We have family in Norwich so come fairly often and we usually stay in a local B&B but this time our decision to visit was a bit late and no rooms were available. So we called here (as my mum had stayed here on a previous visit) the day before and got a room which, according to her, was much cheaper than the B&b. I wasn't expecting much as some of the chained hotels can sometimes be a bit run down, but this one was an exception. I don't know if it's been built recently, but everything was clean, tidy and modern. The room was perfectly adequate for a couple of days, and the bed and pillows were more comfortable than the B&B I'm used to staying at. We were at the front of the building and, yes, there was a little noise from the Asda and surrounding businesses, but after a while this quietened down and you didn't really notice it. The curtains were thick enough to block out any light and it was fine. Parking was a bit of a nightmare when we first arrived in the mid afternoon and we had to park halfway across the carpark. But after we'd checked in, left to go to the family's house, then came back, all the shopper's and gym visitors cars had gone and there was plenty of space so we parked right in front of the Hotel. I don't know what people expect from a hotel surrounded by other busy shops, etc, but I thought everything was fine. We'll more than likely be going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bluebell1811
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear bluebell1811,

Thank you for your recent custom at Holiday Inn Express and for sharing your review online.

I am delighted we were a suitable choice of accommodation for your requirements and thank you for your kind comments. We work close with our housekeeping team to ensure our hotel is scrupulously clean and install blackout curtains to ensure the best night’s sleep is guaranteed. I do apologise the car park may have been busy during your time with us. This is currently under review as we look to provide more hotel only spaces and improve signage.

Thank you once again for your positive comments. I hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Norwich.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel was ok, what you would expect. Cardboard sausages and air conditioning didn't work. Outside is a different case. The car park is shared, whether the hotel means it to be or not, with Asda, a gym and skate rink, poorly lit and my car was dinged overnight. very poor location for a hotel.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn, what do you expect?
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear gloriamundi,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us due to our location. I am concerned to hear your car was ''dinged'' overnight and you felt our location was ''dodgy''. Our main hotel car park is located at the front of the hotel which offers parking for hotels guests only. Our overflow car park is located to the side of the hotel building, however, we rarely receive any complaints due to problems in the car park as the area we are located in is not residential and can only be easily accessed by car. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the relevant department for review and would like to apologise for the problem you encountered and can only describe this as a very unfortunate circumstance. As we are located on the Norwich Ring Road, we boast excellent transport links into Norwich City Centre, Norwich Airport and the villages of Norfolk. Although it may not be suitable for everyone's requirements, we are a preferred hotel for many residents due to the ease of accessibility to our hotel and I apologise you felt our location was not suitable.

I am also concerned to hear your air conditioning was not working during your stay. I am unaware of any failures/faults with our air conditioning system and hope you spoke to a member of our 24 hour reception staff to offer assistance setting up your heating system. Understandably, each air conditioning unit operates differently in each hotel and our staff will be more than happy to provide assistance/instruction setting this up for you. I am sorry you experienced problems with this.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the car park and air conditioning problem and be rest assured they will be followed up for investigation.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during the half term break. Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel accessed by walking past the reception desk. Then turning left through the door then walking down the corridor. I was woken up1 night by something that resembled a screeching power generator. No idea what it was in the morning I looked out of the window there seems to be some kind of huge generator at the back . This however did not spoil my stay. The front of house staff were all excellent very friendly. We had a twin room which was as good size. Nice shower looked liked brand new. Very comfy Bed and as really good choice. I think we got the deal for around £60 per night Parking was good we managed to park outside the Hotel every night

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ManchesterJeterfan

Dear ManchesterJeterfan,

Thank you for your positive review and for using Holiday Inn Express Norwich to meet your accommodation needs.

I would like to apologise for the noise problem during your first night and will ensure this is addressed. I am delighted however the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and will ensure all departments are made aware of your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests as we use this information to measure are services we provide.

Thank you once again for your review. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed as part of a coach group for two night's while visiting Norwich and going to Thursford.
The hotel is clean and comfortable and is a budget hotel but worth the money and if you want better facilities be prepared to pay higher rates. We have used this hotel several times because it is in a location which is ideal for our tour and because it is competitive with rates.
I have always found that a major asset is the staff who are friendly, efficient and helpful which is a credit to them, Tom and Ben dealt with our group on this occasion and as usual did everything we asked for without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Frank B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your repeat custom with us. I would like to personally thank you for your recognition towards myself and Tom. We strive to ensure we offer our guests a high level of customer service and it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we can continue to welcome you back in the future and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn Express and from the outset we were both impressed with the whole experience. We arrived about 4 hours too early for booking inn, or so we thought, and decided to check with reception about leaving the car and going into Norwich, on the bus, to shop. However the very nice young man on reception told us that a room was ready and that we could book in if we wanted to. The hotel was spotlessly clean, in all public areas, and the room that we where allocated was superb. Breakfast was included in with the price of the room and I must admit that for a buffet style breakfast it was very good. Next time we visit Norwich we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnboy247

Dear johnnyboy247,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review online.

I am very pleased you had a 'Great Stay' with us and will forward your kind comments to our staff as I'm sure they will appreciate your gratitude as much as I did. I am also pleased you were able to check-in early. We understand earlier check-in times may be required and will try our best to allocate a room as quickly as possible to our guests.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us as we welcome all reviews to constantly measure our standards/guest satisfaction. I do hope we can have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Norwich soon.