“Well worth checking in to this great hotel !”

Holiday Inn Express Norwich
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Phoenix, Arizona
“Well worth checking in to this great hotel !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

Spent Dec 21st -27th 2010 here and am happy to recommend it
Very reasonably price, clean and comfortable with helpful staff.
Free breakfast with hot sausage,egg and toast as well as all the usual cold continental fair.
Asda Store (Walmart owned) a 3 minute walk away.
Bar and good food (burger or beef madras for example) very well priced.
Highly recommended !

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank wilkesworld
tomlefevre, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 7 January 2011
I would like to thank you for your time in writing your review of our hotel. It's reviews such as yours that allow us to monitor our service and help us to improve on what we offer our guests. I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you had no complaints. We very much hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express Norwich in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

The room was spotless and a generous size.Comfy bed, flat screen with standard channels plus a few extras. Hairdryer and coffee making materials present and correct. Bathroom was very clean although shower had a curtain not a screen which I would have preferred. Staff polite enough and breakfast was good although the dining room was freezing. Parking included and next to a massive ASDA if you have forgotten anything. Short drive to central Norwich and if you are going for dinner parking at the Mall is only £1.50 after 18:00. At £39.00 for 2 people inc parking and breakfast feel we got very good value :)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank satc_fan
tomlefevre, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you found the room upto expectations, I apologise that you were disapointed that we had a shower curtain instead of a shower screen. I would also like to apologise that you found the dining room cold, however, if you choose to stay with us again, please feel free to ask a member of staff, who will be more than happy to put the heating up for you. I am happy that you thought we provided an excellent service and that you were happy with the price.

We very much hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Norwich soon, thank you for staying with us.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

I booked this room as I was visiting Norwich to watch a football match at Carrow Road. Everything about our visit to the hotel was positive. The key benefits:
Friendly, helpful and polite staff.
Very clean, modern and well equiped bedrooms/bathrooms/reception/eating area.
Great value. We paid £39 for a double room and this included breakfast - beware that I could not get this rate on the Holiday Inn website, I searched via trip advisor. The Holiday Inn website did have these priced rooms about a week before I travelled but had run out within three days before I travelled (it goes to show that shopping around pays - however when we arrived at the hotel I did see a sign saying that they would price match any website, did not see this on the website though).
Parking right outside the hotel
Location was a five minute drive into the city centre.

I do not except any kind of slow/slack/dirty service or conditions = this hotel had NONE of these things - not one thing to moan about (and they even had Sky Sports one on on a big TV on the wall in reception!)
I would not hesitate to stay at the Express Holiday Inn in Norwich and would recommend to anybody who is looking for a great value hotel located just a few miles outside of the city centre.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JHoop81
I would like to personally thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Let me first start by saying how pleased I am that you were very satisfied with our hotel and the service the staff provided you. We as a team aim to provide the highest customer service possible and are very glad when guests find we have achieved this standard. We very much hope to welcome you back in the future and are sure you will find the hotel to continue to provide a high service.

I would like to thank you for staying with Holiday Inn Express Norwich.
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

A good basic accommodation.

ROOM: Spacious, CLEAN, modern furniture, beds with the choice of pillows,

BATHROOM: Clean & Tidy. No mould.

PARKING: Found a space straight away no problems.

FOOD: Basic reheat & serve from a microwave (Paid £8.95 for a Tikka Curry) so no frills but that is what you expect.

BAR: Beer on pump. Choice of bottles and some spirits. Penuts and crisps. All as you would expect.

RECEPTION: Two guys working there both were pleasant and chatty. Offered to tell us about places to eat / go and the local info.

Niggles: The heating control in our room didnt work. Cold room on arrival. Had to ask for heat. They went to the back of reception and switched on something for the room.

Another Niggle was that at 5am a car alarm went off for 40 MINUTES and although not the fault of the venue it annoyed all 12 people in our group. We had been to a wedding, got back drunk of course and crashed out in bed to be woken by a drone. Perhaps they (reception) should have looked up the car reg of the owner and knocked on the room. door.

BREAKFAST: It was "OK" but not out of this world. Had to wait for glasses for orange. Basic choice of egg and sausage (no bacon) and no beans. Not really a complaint though just an observation. I sort of knew what to expect and got it !

Overall. Yeah stay there! Its not going to surprise you but it does what it is supposed to do well.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 365drills
tomlefevre, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 25 October 2010
I would like to personally thank you for your positive review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and was pleased you found the standard of the hotel more than acceptable.

I would like to apologise for the problem you experienced with our heating and I am glad you contacted reception so that we could resolve this problem for you.

I would also like to apologise for the issue with the car alarm. I assure you that if you were to contact reception regarding this, they would of immediately sorted it out for you as best they could. I am sorry that this was overlooked by our staff and hope this does not discourage you from staying again.

Finally I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

My family stayed here the night before my wedding, as did I. Not one moan. We all got a good deal. The hotel and rooms were clean and well furnished. Breakfast was fine and staff were friendly. It is a Holiday Inn Express and if you are looking for a pleasant well priced hotel to stay in whilst in Norwich, as my family were, you will not go wrong with this place.
I would definitley use Holiday Inns again if this is the general standard.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
lauramcguire, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
After reading your very positive review of our hotel, I would like to personally thank you. We work extremely hard to maintain the standard that you experienced with us and are very greatful to those who give us positive feedback. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a wonderful wedding, a congratulations on behalf of the whole team here at Holiday Inn Express, Norwich. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

As mentioned by others, the hotel doesn't have much 'guest parking'. It shares a car park with the Ice Doem and Esporta, so can be busy if you arrive ata peak time.

Check in was very good. As i walked to my room, the corridor was being painted, so had lots of debris / masking tape around.

Room was nice and clean, but the air conditioning was a nightmare, even when put on heat it churned out FREEZING cold air. Couldn't get the room warm, no matter what i tried.

Hotel served limited evening meals, but if your pushed, Asda is next door.

Breakfast was the usual cheap Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Cheap Juice, horrible cereal cruncher machine - just gives a plate of crumbs. (Please bring back the old cereal box's)

Not bad for the price. Really wish Express would bring the old breakfast back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. First of all I would like to apologise for the difficulties you experienced with our parking, we are looking into finding a solution for this, however we do infact share the ground car park with Asda which usually has plenty of parking.

I apologise that there was masking tape and depris throughout the corridors, as you said this was due to the corridors being painted, this is to ensure that our hotel is kept at the best possible standard. With regards to the air conditioning I would again like to apologise for the inconvenience caused however, if you choose to stay with us again, I recommend calling the reception team and they will be more than happy to solve the problem for you.

With regards to the breakfast cereal, I am suprised that you found the dispenser to crush the cereal as this is the first time it has been brought to our attention, we will get this looked at immediately as we aim to provide the best quality we can.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month. Everything about it was first class: staff were efficient, friendly and helpful; the rooms were spotlessly clean - as was the whole hotel - the beds were comfortable with choice of pillows (hard or soft); the complimentary breakfast was fine and there was plenty of space for parking outside. I couldn't fault it and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010
lauramcguire, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our members' of staff. We often receive positive comments about our polite and efficient staff and feel this is one of the things that make a visit to Holiday Inn Express, Norwich so enjoyable.

I am so glad that the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel were up to your expectations. We constantly monitor the condition of our entire hotel and make sure that it is perfect for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.