“Spa and Stay break - happy girlies!”

and 1 more site!
St Giles House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
LOWESTOFT
“Spa and Stay break - happy girlies!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've reviewed St Giles before but as this was a different sort of break i thought i'd come back and do it again!
We had the spa exclusive package - private use of the lounge area all day with a champagne breakfast, we could have been forgotten being shut off in the lounge but staff regularly came and checked on us and brought more drinks whenever we needed them.
We then had treatments in the Spa, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, the staff there were lovely, and we came out totally relaxed. In the evening we had drinks in the bar then a meal in the restaurant, all of which were great, and a really good breakfast in the morning.
It's the little things that make a really good hotel and the staff at St Giles definitely go out of their way to do this, from bringing birthday cake up to our room, and keeping balloons, banners and all our other bits and bobs safe while we went out in the evening they certainly succeeded.
I'll be back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We had a fantastic offer which was to spend £85 on food & drink in the bar & restaurant & stay the night for free, the only catch was you had to pay £10 pp for breakfast in the morning, still a fab deal though - bed, breakfast, evening meal & drinks for a little over £100, all this in a city centre hotel. The hotel was clean, the rooms good size, beds & pillows very comfy. The staff were very welcoming & helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was fabulous. Would definitely recommend & stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My bridesmaid and I organised a spa weekend for 18 guests at St Giles House Hotel and everything about the weekend was brilliant and could not be faulted. Alice was fantastic as an events co-ordinator and all the staff were very obliging and happy to help in any way they could. We had exclusive use of the lounge for the day, a spa treatment each, a 3-course evening meal at the hotel and our accommodation for the night. A very comprehensive package that was enjoyed by all. The food was outstanding, as were the treatments. 3 of use stayed in one of the suites and none of use wanted to leave! Thanks so much for making an unforgettable hen weekend!

Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Top room was beautifully furnished with quality antiques and a well appointed large bathroom with roll top bath . But ,for me , no matter how gorgeous the hotel is ,its about the quality of sleep .
The bed was firm to hard and I could cope with that ,just , however the pillows were dreadful and it was like sleeping on a bundle of rags - lumpy and hard . Consequently I had a poor nights sleep and woke up aching !
I like fresh air and it was impossible to leave the window open because there was no latch to secure it open ,it kept banging in the breeze and I had to close it .
Breakfast consisted of tinned peaches ,prunes and a few grapes plus a decent scrambled egg and bacon .
Service is fine. Get the sleep quality right and I would score it higher .

Room Tip: Go for the back otherwise the street traffic may keep you awake
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Worldtraveller1953
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 April 2013

business trip in Norwich ans stay in this hotel to be close from my office. Good pick. Very nice service from the reception to the bar or the restaurant. you feel to be a customer which is less and less the norm these days. Nice room lacking switches but wifi work immediatly without spending hours to introduce long and com'icated code. The food at restaurant is good. try the eggs Benedict. suite an experiment. The draf beer is also a must.
I will come back

Room Tip: ideal to visit norwich as located in the City center.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
kings lynn
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I and another 18 guests attended my daughter's hen night recently, on 13th April 2013. Everything about the hotel was brilliant, the staff were really helpful. The food was very good too.
The hotel rooms were spacious and well furnished.
Thanks in no small part to the hotel staff we had a really great time. Thanks!!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I managed to get a discount on this place which made it the same cost as the local Premier Inn's.

It is really well located being close to the center.
Parking was a little difficult to work out, but once directed by the staff on the front desk I was sorted. It was also free.

The room, whilst not as big as I expected, was more than suitable and extremely comfortable.
The bathroom was large with a lovely large shower.

Free WiFi is always a bonus to see.

There is a nice bar and dinning area. Whilst I did drink on the bar I never had any food so can not comment on that.

I would not have paid the full price, which I think is in the region of £120 for a room. But for the £85 I paid, I was more than content.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo