St Giles House Hotel
Hotels.com
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
US$196
US$117
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$144
  • Pool
US$108
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsst gilescar parkelemis toiletriesafternoon tearoll top bathking roomtheatre royallovely hotelcity centreeggs benedictmini barhuge bathroomcomfortable bedsconessunday nightfull englishbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I cant speak for the food but my girlfriend and I came into the bar after an evening meal elsewhere for drinks. We cant speak highly enough of the place. Lovely décor and even though very open plan we still felt like we were in our own area. The facilities were clean and well decorated also (a big plus in my book). Looking forward to another visit, maybe some food next time round. The only downside was the price of the drinks. I had a Guinness, which was about £5, I think and my girlfriend had some sort of cocktail from the cocktail menu, which was about £10.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lunchcritic1
StGilesHouse, Duty Manager/ Restaurant Manager at St Giles House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thanks for your recent review

Thanks for popping in for a drink...please next time do try the food. Its superb we've been awarded 2 Rosettes!

Guinness in our Hotel is £3.50 and our Cocktails start from £7.50, we do regular price surveys with surrounding Hotels and Bars to keep our prices competitive yet reasonable. Guinness at £3.50 is at a very respectable price and i think you'll find hard to find cheaper in a city centre 4* Hotel or bar. Our cocktails use the finest ingredients from Grey Goose Vodka in our Martinis too Hendricks in our Brambles and the finest Norfolk Strawberries in our Mojitos. There are no pre-made mixes everything is done by the bar staff and chefs.

Like I said please do come in again we try really hard to make every visit a special one.

Duty Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We had a one night stay on a Friday DB&B offer. On booking in we were given a room on the 4th floor, room 10, which was clean, spacious, comfortable and well appointed, as was the bathroom (shower). The bar and bistro was very comfortable, and opened up to an outside terrace area. The food for our evening meal was fantastic (well done chef) and beautifully presented, as was the breakfast. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The car park is around the back of the hotel, a little difficult to find in the first instance, but is secured with electric gates. All in all, a great place to stay in the heart of the city. We will look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NigelA340
StGilesHouse, Duty Manager/ Restaurant Manager at St Giles House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thanks for recent review.

We are so pleased you has a great stay here and can't wait to see you again

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We recently stayed at St Giles House Hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed our time there. The service was fantastic throughout our stay - very polite and welcoming staff. Breakfast was brilliant, lots of choice, including freshly cooked options. On the first night, we ordered a three course meal from the Bistro as room service - I cannot rate the food highly enough! Everything was cooked to perfection, delivered hot to the room and came in at a very reasonable price (£55 for two three-course meals) Our room was spotless and a very good size. My one (tiny) gripe was that in the bathroom, there is a small sign requesting that if we required clean towels, to put them in the shower, if we didn't require them, to hang our towels on the heated rail provided. We did as requested, and placed our used towels in the shower, but found when we came back that they had been taken out of the shower and hung back on the rail. Not entirely sure why? But other than that, everything was perfect. Will definitely be staying again in future.

Room Tip: Don't skip breakfast - its included in the price and will not disappoint!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
StGilesHouse, Duty Manager/ Restaurant Manager at St Giles House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Thanks for your recent review

Its so important that we get feedback. This helps us to correct and flaws and helps us maintain our award winning standards and service.

We're pleased you found our food to be 'brilliant' and accurately priced. Next time come and have a meal in our 2 Rosette restaurant i'm sure you love the ambiance.

Sorry about the towels issue its something we will look into.

Come back soon

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I’ve wanted to stay at this hotel ever since it was featured in TV documentary so when we were going to a concert at the UEA my husband booked a night here as a surprise. I must say the hotel has been restored nicely and is pretty elegant. We found all the staff to be really friendly and attentive to our needs. Our room was nicely decorated although very dark, the bathroom was very pretty with a roll top bath (sadly no time to try) my worry with room was that it was situated on the front of the hotel and the road outside seemed quite busy, as a very light sleeper I wondered if this could be a problem.....sadly it was. The traffic seemed pretty incessant throughout the night and thus I didn’t get much sleep, that being said my husband slept fine! We didn’t eat dinner in the hotel but breakfast was included in our rate and the full English breakfast was ordered and cooked to order (rather than buffet style) the food was good quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello

Thanks for you recent review

We try to match the service with the grandeur of the Hotel and are pleased to hear you enjoyed both the elegance of the the building and our friendly and attentive staff.

We make a conscious effort to be different from the other Hotels that's why we offer both a buffet table full of cereals, fresh fruit and juices. Along side that a cooked breakfast offering a Traditional English to Eggs Benedict.

Sorry you found your room a little noisy. Unfortunately being a city centre Hotel that problem will arise. Next time ask for a room at the back of the Hotel and hopefully you'll be able to try our gorgeous baths.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We recently visiting the St Giles House Hotel for a afternoon cream tea as part of my friends hen party celebrations. There was 10 of us attending and as there was a wedding on the same day we were offered a private room free of charge which was beautifully decorated. The service was warm and friendly as they presented us with our menus and also offered to supply us with an ipod and docking station so we could listen to some music. We order to bottles of fizz that were very reasonably priced. In sandwiches we were given were lovely and fresh and there was plenty for the 10 of us. the cakes were amazing, a scone and victoria sponge each that were huge and fresh, along with some macaroons and chocolate brownies. We had so much left that they boxed them up for us to take home. The tea and coffee (including decaff) was continually topped up for us. The total cost of each of us including a glass and half of fizz was about £18 each which is extremely reasonable given the extortionate prices I have been charged previously and for an experience half as good. We do not feel rushed at all, it was lovely and relaxed and after we had finished they left us to chat for a good half an hour and to leave at our own pace which was nice. I have recommended this place to so many people already and I think it will definitely be a regular visit each time I visit Norwich.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a private room for your cream tea if there is 10+ of you
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends