“Where have the great staff gone?”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
“Where have the great staff gone?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I love this hotel. I have stayed at this hotel around 30 times business. I have to say that the last two times had seen a dramtic drop in service from the bar/restaurant staff. Previously the fantastic bar staff would come and serve you from the table, with politeness. Last week I waited at the table for 15 mins, then went to get a drink. Staff were young girls, obviously not trained and busy texting . Perhaps there are done staff changes which us understandable but big drop in service from my last stays

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Excellent everything was perfect wish we could of stayed longer,the room was great choice of pillows,bathrobes,tea coffee,biscuits,bottled water,good decor,comfy bed walking distance to city centre,pubs & clubs,
We had our evening meal at the hotel which was fantastic and breakfast was excellent.
All the staff where very friendly and very helpful
We will definitely go again,thank you very much

Room Tip: rooms at the back look onto the football stadium
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We wanted a clean, comfortable, functional hotel to use as a base for a two night visit to Norwich. This Holiday Inn was just perfect - and the bonus of being able to see the football pitch out of the window was something my husband and sons were delighted with. Staff were friendly and helpful. We opted to leave our car at the hotel and use taxis to get in and out of the city centre to avoid trying to park. This cost about £6. Reception booked them for us and they arrived on time.

Four of us shared one room and there was plenty of space. If I have any complaints they would be that the sheets covering the matresses were too small and came untucked all the time and the duvets were a bit small for the beds which was quite annoying. Also there were only enough towels, cups, glasses for 2 people even though 4 of us were using the room.

The public areas were very nice and the breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel was clean and seemed to be well run. We booked and paid in advance so we thought the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Herts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

This is a modern Holiday Inn which is virtually part of the football stadium (some rooms have a pitch view).
Rooms are spacious and air conditioned, with good bathrooms.
There is a mini gym on site.
It is not ideally located for the city centre, which is some 15-20mins walk away, but there are bars,restaurants and a cinema within 5 minutes walk in the Riverside entertainment area.
Unless you are lucky enough to get one of the limited parking spaces in front of the hotel, you need to park in the adjoining open car park, which has a designated area for hotel guests (parking charges apply).
Recommended hotel for comfort, but typically lacking in atmosphere.

Suffolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Perfect location for football stadium, obviously as it is right there. Ticked all of our boxes, comfortable bed, air conditioning worked, good breakfast, freindly staff, parking on site.
Only one criticism, well more of a suggestion, the Executive rooms could do with bigger beds, just to up the luxury element. Oh, and a stange noise possible the air con vents, not a clang more of a ting, a bit irritating.

Portsmouth, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have stayed in this hotel many, many times for business and I am assured that every time I stay there that I know what I am going to get, which is one of the biggest draws to this hotel. All rooms are clean and comfortable with enough space for all your needs. I have a couple of critcisms - the TV has a bad reception for several stations and the room service menu is a bit dull (especially if you have eaten off it as many times as I have) and has not changed in well over a year.

One of the best things about this hotel is the warm welcome you get from the staff (particularly at reception) They always have a smile and a chat no matter what time of day (or night) you check in. And a nice touch is that as I have stayed there so many times, my room key is often handed to me without me even having to say my name.

Room Tip: If you are not a football fan make sure that you request a non-pitch side room if you know Norwich a...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Lucy R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Thank-you for your Trip Advisor review. I am pleased that you are happy with the warm welcome you receive when you stay, and that on a regular basis you receive the same service each time. As regards to the room service menu, I am delighted to say a new one will be available in October .Thank-you again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to you staying with us again soon.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Another delightful stay at this hotel. I often stay in HInns in the UK and this one is particularly good. The family room set-up with two king size beds is ideal for us - parents plus either teenage son or daughter. Front desk staff are always first class and helpful. Only problme this time round was that we only found out by chance that it was important to park in the rather poorly signposted hotel section of the large car park. After overhearing the duty manager informing another guest about this he told is we'd be clamped and fined if we parked in another section of the car park. But he was very helpful in allowing us to park right outside the hotel overnight. Perhaps the hotel could put up a proper parking sign rather than the bit of cardboard which has lawyas been stuck there. The markings on the ground are pretty faint. Apart from that we love the Holiday Inn..plus Delia's round the corner.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank-you for your Trip Advisor review following your recent stay. I’m pleased that you were able to positively comment about the set-up of the bedroom. I have passed your comments onto the team and I am pleased that the Front Desk staff were helpful and first class and that they helped you with your parking and I have passed your comments on with regard to the parking signs. Thank you once again for your review which I trust visitors to the site will find useful.