Holiday Inn Norwich City
  • Pool
US$101
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
US$322
TripAdvisor
1,062 results
All reviewsfootball pitchcarrow roadnorwich citypitch viewfootball fansmatch dayspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsfootball matchretail parkexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed 24 June 2012

A number of us stayed here for over a month during weekdays for business and the hotel is without a doubt amazing to stay. The additional touches in the executive rooms is nice and the service is excellent especially when one of my colleagues fell ill, the manager was also very friendly. No issues with check-in or out.

The gym only is however very small but useful to have nonetheless.

Room Tip: The football pitch views may attract some fans
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank shirlz_yee
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel we all really appreciate what you had to say about your stay with us.

The rooms on the sixth floor are great and the view across the city is excellent well worth a little bit extra.

We have a number of long stay business people with us and it was because of you and them that we introduced our specials menu which we run during the week in our restaurant. It offers a little diversity to our dinner and room service offering which I hope you found to you're liking, it's certainly very popular with our other guests.

I'm really pleased we were able to help you're colleague when he became unwell and I think all of us were happy to see him back at the hotel later in the day.

The gym is a mini gym but as you say it's very useful and well used. All of our guests also have free access to the swimming pool across the road from the hotel which is also very popular and again well used.

Thank once more for your comments and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon when you're next on business in Norwich.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I have just been lucky enough to spend one night at this great Hotel for our anniversay.
I cannot speak highly enough of how we were treated, right from check in to check out, all the staff work really hard to make your stay the best it can be, the room was spotless and had everything you would expect of a hotel room, we used the restaurant in the evening and i was very surprised of the quality of the meal and service, the staff have just the right amount of interaction with the guests without being to intrusive, this can only bo down to first class management, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Norwich.

Room Tip: If you want to watch the football book a room overlooking the pitch, superb view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thanks very much for your great review of our hotel. The team and I are delighted you had such a good stay with us.

I'm really pleased you highlighted the restaurant as we do offer really superb food freshly prepared in our kitchens and wherever possible useing ingredients local to Norfolk.

The hotel is five years old now but really does still look brand new a real credit to all of the team at the hotel who keep it in such a great condition.

Thanks again for your review and I hope you decide to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

american size rooms, clean, surprisingly good lobby restaurant.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for your review on TA it's much appreciated and I'm really pleased to hear that you found our restaurant to your liking. All the food is produced on site and where possible we use locally grown and sourced products.

I hope that the next time you find yourself in Norwich you stay with us again.

Thanks again for your comments they are much appreciated.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My 2 sisters and I stayed 3 nights in this hotel as part of a tour group and cannot praise the hotel enough. We are all seasoned travellers and have visited hotels in many many countries and this has to rank as one of the best because of the staff. The service was second to none - friendly, attentive, efficient, helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. It was also very wefficiently organised so it ran like clockwork - you never waited for a table, the tables were promptly cleared, on the buffet breakfast nothing ever ran out or was unavailable (and the food at breakfast was as good as I have eated in literally hundreds of hotels!). Everyone was great - I would mention Ashley on the front desk, the Food and Beverage Manager (Daniel?), and all of the waitresses, but only because their service was so exceptional - all of the other staff were also lovely!! When we arrived, all of the welcome packs with keys were ready for us so we were checked in within 2 minutes! When we left, the hotel manager came to see the group and wished us bon voyage. That just summed up how attentive the staff were at all times.

The other elements of the hotel were also good. The hotel was in a good location, only 15 minutes walk from the centre. The food was great - it was delicious, good selection of dishes, always served hot - really wonderful in any case, but particularly considering we were a group of 30. The room was well equipped, clean, and spacious, with an excellent shower.

The manager and staff deserve every compliment.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lovetotravel1954
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you very much for your super review of our hotel. We are all so pleased you had such a great time and that you have written such kind comments about all of the team.

We all work really hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and customer service is at the top of our list. Ashleigh is a regularly mentioned on TA and on the Holiday Inn Heart Beat surveys that are sent out to guests after their stay with us.

As you have probably seen from previous reviews we recently won Hotel of the Year and Front Office Team of the Year of which we are all incredibly proud and I have to say it is well and truly deserved.

We have contract cleaners in our bedrooms and Karen and her team won Contract Cleaning Team of the Year for the very high standards they achieve in our bedrooms and bathrooms, the hotel is actually five years old but still looks brand new a fact people find hard to believe.

Thank you once again for everything you have said about our hotel and we hope that you get the opportunity to visit this part of the world again and if you do we hope the weather is a little kinder to you.

Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Stay here regularly and have never been
let down. Everything is up to standard and I always try and book in here when I am working in NorwIch (usually 4 or 5 days per month).

The problem I have with Holiday Inn is the hIgh wifi / internet charges. They are the only hotel that I stay in that charge!! I have resorted to using my own hotspot from my iPhone when working my busIness laptop. Come on Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: May 2012
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for your review and it's great you stay with us so often. If you are a Priority Club member once you have reached a certain level you do get free wifi within the hotel bedrooms it is free as I'm sure you're aware in the public areas.

Call in and see me on your next visit and we can discuss this further and resolve the problem for you, my office is situated right next to the reception desk.

Thanks again for your really great comments I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.