We chose this hotel for our three-night break in Norwich as the hotel we stayed in last year and to which we had planned to return was fully booked. How fortunate this turned out to be.
Being a chain, it is similar to other Holiday Inns we have stayed in, but that is no bad thing.
There is ample parking (although it may be fully utilised on match days) and on our arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who was very helpful. (We saw her in the town later that day and she greeted us warmly - a nice touch).
Our room had an amazing view: it overlooked the Norwich City Football Club ground and during our stay there was an under-21s' match between England and Serbia.
As someone who had never seen a professional footbal ground, it was very interesting.
The room was spacious and the bathroom clean and modern with a white suite and granite finish.
Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of fresh fruit, juices, cereals, cooked food, bread and pastries and yogurts, teas and coffees.
Unusually we met the manager and sales manager during our stay, both of whom were friendly and helpful, the latter giving us tips on visiting the Sainsbury Centre (museum and art gallery on the university campus).
The only things that let this hotel down are having to pay for wi-fi and something it cannot do anything about - its location. It is quite a long way from the city centre, which is fine for younger people like us, but may prove a problem for older guests.
All in all, this hotel is good value for money - we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk