After a disastrous start to our bank holiday weekend, the Holiday Inn came to the rescue by being able to accommodate my sister and I as walk-ins.
There were only five rooms left and the hotel was full of wedding guests.
We were allowed to check-in before 10am, so we did not have to leave our luggage in our car until the advertised check-in time.
Our room overlooked the football ground where, during the weekend several youth teams were playing.
My husband and I stayed last October and I was pleased that standards are still high.
The young man on reception (Nick, if I remember correctly) was friendly, efficient, professional and helpful. He can have had no idea just how grateful we were that he found us "a room at the inn".
Our room was spacious and clean, and the bathroom was immaculate, with a powerful shower and contemporary basin and vanity area.
Breakfast was chaotic on Sunday morning, as there were too many people waiting for too few tables, but the staff worked their socks off clearing and cleaning tables, and trying to accommodate people as quickly as possible.
It was much less stressful the following morning, as the wedding party had obviously checked out the day before.
All in all, a well-run hotel with well-trained and courteous staff.
We will be staying here again on our next visit to Norwich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk