1,096 results
All reviewsfootball pitchnorwich citycarrow roadmatch dayspitch viewfootball fanspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsretail parkfootball matchexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 or times over the last year and each time out stay has been perfect! Staff and very helpful, and polite, hotel is immaculate, and some of the rooms over looking the football pitch! Awesome!

Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your positive review. The staff appreciate your comments and makes all our investment in training and guest satisfaction recognition so worthwhile. We will continue to invest and maintain our standards are looking forward to greeting you back soon. Kind Regards Quinton O’Shea

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed in a suite at this hotel on a Saturday night (not a match day) in April, for about £100. As a price per square foot, that's extremely good value. The bedroom was perfectly adequate, and large enough to take the cot we had asked to be provided. I suppose the standard of accommodation is above a typical budget chain (HI Express, or Premier Inn) but it's still furnished with cheap furniture and fittings, and the large floor space doesn't automatically translate into a feeling of luxury.

The second room of the suite was configured as a lounge/office/dining room, and was accessed by double connecting doors from the bedroom, or directly from the corridor outside using its own door. This gave us a little concern, as we were putting our child in that room, and hadn't anticipated that there would be outside access to the room. As the suite was at the end of the corridor, there was little/no passing traffic in the corridor, so it was only of small concern. There was also a tiny empty fridge, which was handy for small drinks bottles.

There was a fairly large TV in both rooms, with a selection of channels and fairly poor reception. There were also separate air-conditioning controllers in both rooms, which we found difficult to get to comfortable temperatures. I assume they're not thermostatically controlled, as the rooms would either get too hot or too cold, unless you switched the fan off every now and then. Still, for £100, we were glad to have air-con at all.

The parking situation at the hotel is less than ideal, as you need to park in the football club's car park round the back of the hotel. The hotel uses a small corner of this vast, seemingly unsecured car park, though later in the evening, many guests were parking their cars round the front of the hotel.

The bar was surprisingly expensive, and not particularly relaxed, mainly containing furniture best suited to people eating meals, rather than lounging. However it is fairly nicely decorated. There were also some vending machines between the bar and the reception desk, offering various drinks and snacks.

A couple of minutes's walk away, there's a Morrisons supermarket, which is a better value source for bottled water, snacks, etc. A little beyond the supermarket, you get to an area with a number of pubs, restaurants, a cinema, etc. We found it to be a bit grim, but might have liked it if we'd been in our late teens or early twenties, like most of the people filling the streets in the evening.

In fairness, this should be a 3.5 star review. The hotel was perfectly adequate, and we had no real cause for complaint. It's not great, but it's cheap and it's fairly fresh and clean. Considering the absence of high quality hotels in and around Norwich, it's a decent option if you need to stay in Norwich.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your detailed review. We always value our customers input and your comments have been shared with the staff. Thank you for the positive comments in regards to pricing and value. Our rooms have been designed to be contemporary and includes Italian fitted bathroom fittings to the highest quality for our brand. The suites have access to a spacious lounge and if both interconnecting doors are opened should double the room space up into a single living area. The separate door uses a secure key card system that is linked to the main door key eliminating any concerns about security. We have investigated the TV signal concerns in your room and am happy to report that it is resolved. The air-conditioning has an auto function that should keep the ambient room temperature the same at all times via an in room sensor. The car parking is abdicate for the number of rooms we have and is controlled and manned by a professional 3rd party on our behalf. We also offer complimentary car spaces in front of the hotel when available. Our main lobby area has comfortable sofas and this leads into the bar where we have a combination of seating and standing areas available. Our beverage pricing gets reviewed yearly and your comments will be used in gauging the next pricing review. Thanks again for the feedback and I trust we will be welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Quinton O’Shea

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was here for business, but as a Norwich City fan, the location was fantastic! The hotel staff were nice, it was easily located near the train station, main streets and shopping outlets. Can not go wrong!!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, not pitchside unfortunately, slept like a baby for two nights!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Hotel was very nice, staff we encountered were very polite and professional. Our room on the top floor overlooking the football ground was very nice with some little touch's, chocolate, slippers, dressing gown etc. Overall we were pleasantly surprised, we were expecting a bog standard Holiday Inn.

HOWEVER...We had absolutely no sleep!! It transpires that our room (number of which I can't remember but it was on the top floor at the end) was underneath a generator that was on all night, it was incredibly frustrating and by about 4am both my husband and I were ready to scream. We did at that point consider ringing reception to move us but that would have caused more trouble(for us) than it was worth.

On check out we made a complaint to reception who said they would ask the General Manager to ring us; he called and was very apologetic saying we could have a complimentary stay and be upgraded to 1 of the 2 suites they have. I did explain that we were unlikely to be there for another 12m or so if at all. He was very polite and assured me that he would email me his apologies and agreement for a complimentary stay. After 2 weeks I hadn't received his email, I rang the hotel and was told he would be given a reminder to email me. Unfortunately I am still waiting.

In conclusion the hotel was nice as were the staff but DO NOT stay on the top floor at the end overlooking the pitch. The very good customer service was tainted at the end as it wasn't followed through to a conclusion.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the top floor at the far end that overlooks the pitch, the generators are on overnight and are very noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah B
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

I would like to thank you for writing a detailed comment on your stay. Thank you for acknowledging our staff and product quality. At present we are proud of the fact that we are in the top 10 in IHG UK customer satisfaction survey, showing that all our work in training and product upkeep is yielding out satisfied guest. In response to the maintenance issue you experienced during your stay.I clearly remember discussing this with you and related your positive comments to the team. I also send you an e-mail explanation on your noise disturbance investigation that we have now rectified. I am disappointed to hear that you have not received this communiqué and your following attempts to contact me? I have had no bounce back mails or message request from you. I will thus apologise for the break in communication and hope that you will contact me on gm.hihinorwichcity@kewgreen.co.uk to establish correct contact details. I trust we can resolve this outstanding issue and welcome you back. Kind Regards Quinton O’Shea

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed just one night here, while in Norwich for research. Hotel is located just a 10 minute walk from the train station, on the grounds of the Norwich City football stadium. I check-in quite early, but was able to get a room right away. They gave me an accesible room (which I do not need) with walk-in shower. Really loved the room, as it had plenty of extra space. Very nicely appointed and clean. Bed was very comfortable. There is a large retail center, including a large Morrison's market, just a two minute walk away. Norwich city center is about a 20 minute walk.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SpeedwayCJ
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review following your recent stay with us. The city walk is convenient and is only 20 minutes stroll away. I always recommended a walk along the riverside as it is a lovely way to start your visit to our great city. Our rooms are of a contemporary design and have special features like Italian bath fittings and modern LCD TV. Thank you again for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Quinton O’Shea