We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn, Norwich. Firstly, if you enjoy football this might be the hotel for use due to its proximity to the Norwich FC ground. We stayed on a non-match weekend and therefore cannot comment on any noise from the crowds on match days.
On our arrival the reception staff were very friendly and polite and remained so throughout our stay.
The room (an Executive double) was very comfortable and clean. My only minor gripe was that the carpet had some random stains so could do with being replaced to maintain the 'executive' style of the room.
We ate our breakfast at the hotel on both days and the food was great as was the welcome from the restaurant staff.
On our arrival, a reception for a wedding was taking place and I was a little concerned that the noise might travel, but I needn't have worried as, once we left the ground floor, we were unable to hear any noise from the party.
We chose the hotel for its proximity to the town centre and it couldn't have been better for us. We were within 5 minutes stroll of restaurants and the cinema. We were also within an easy 15 minute walk of the city centre shops and attractions (such as the castle).
All in all we had a great weekend and would recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk