“Excellent Stay”

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Clean, fresh, modern.
Friendly smart people on reception and in the bar/breakfast.
Fast attentive well trained organisation.
Well maintained room
Clean bathroom
Good breakfast

Well run location, good parking, can be recommended. I will use it again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
That is such a lovely review neveratrest, thank you!

I am thrilled you had such a good stay and you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. I have passed on your kind comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hiren Varvadekar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nice hotel, 10min walking from the center of the city. We had dinner at the hotel. A bit pricy if you compare the dinner to the prices of other places in the neighbourhood where the food is probably more fresh. And I don't know if it's me or not, but I believe no one said that I have to pay for the parking. They just asked my numberplate when I arrived and when I checked out they charged me with 5 pound for the parking. It's not much money or some thing, but I hate it when people try to hide costs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Andrei S,

Thank you for overall good feedback following your recent stay. In regards to dinner, all our food is freshly cooked and please be assured that prices are in line with the other comparable quality local restaurants. I am very sorry to hear that you were not informed about the overnight car parking charges; however these are clearly stated on all websites and signs in the hotel reception area.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a last minute deal and we're not guaranteed a double room that we asked for. The staff was friendly on arrival, we were given a twin room but the beds were huge and we only used one of them so that wasn't too bad. The experience was, on the whole, a positive one. Breakfast was not the best I've ever had, they do eggs on request but then the timings don't match the buffet, the scrambled eggs on the buffet were truly awful, the croissants hard, and the do it yourself toaster dreadful. One other rather nasty experience was lying in the very large bath at the end of a day exploring bath and out of the corner of my eye catching under the rim of the toilet which was nasty, crusty and yellow - the bathroom was otherwise very clean but that spoiled it sorry!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Jane P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your visit to the hotel. I am sorry that we did not exceeded your expectations during your stay and must apologise for the poor experience you had at breakfast.

I will be discussing your review with my team to ensure we are always offering the highest standards of guest care. I do hope you will give the hotel another chance and would ask that you contact me directly on hiren.varvadekar@kewgreen.co.uk

Once again my sincere apologies.

United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a 5-night stay in Norwich at the Holiday Inn (Carrow Road). Everything about the hotel was excellent: very clean, well-maintained, stylishly decorated, good location, comfortable bed, very spacious room by British standards, good-sized bathroom, excellent breakfast options, good pub, etc. The staff members set it apart, however. From check-in to check-out, everyone was helpful, professional, and friendly. Travelling alone in a city and country in which I knew absolutely no one, I especially appreciated knowing that anyone at the hotel would offer a friendly face and help me with anything. The restaurant/pub staff was particularly friendly, especially since they seemed to be working very long hours. I'd like to acknowledge Karem specifically, who was friendly, professional, conversational, funny, and simply very nice. I enjoyed our chats and wish him the best. Thank you to everyone at the HI for making my hotel stay so comforting. I've travelled internationally a lot and often stayed in hotels in which the hotel itself is the worst part of the visit. This definitely was not the case at this HI in Norwich. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you brinssl for a fabulous review!

I really do appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and I have passed on your lovely comments to all the team, I am incredibly lucky to have an amazing team throughout the hotel especially Karem who is an absolute delight.

I am delighted that you so enjoyed our food, and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Absolutely brilliant stay both times we have stayed here. Would recommend. Both times we have lovely rooms with pitch view. The first time we didn't request it but were given on and even though there was no game on it was a lovely sight. This time booked direct online and was offered an upgrade of pitch view which I took because it was my Dad's birthday and he had been ill and in hospital recently so we were allowed to bring him into our room to watch the match. He hasn't seen Norwich play live for years and years. It was lovely to do it for him. Gill on reception helped with this. Good girl :)

The room like last time was very comfortable and good size. Decor contemporary and feels very luxurious. When we went in the room the TV was playing music and the little lights were all left on. Nice welcome.

Bath room lovely and clean with good quality Dove soap and body wash. Good lighting. Deep bath, white towels. Tick :)

No noise from other rooms or corridor outside, even though it was a match day. They have extra security on the door on these days. The reception was buzzing though, extra food tables layed on etc which was nice, all part of the atmosphere.

As Dad has a disabled badge we were able to park in a special bay. As soon as we drove out of it someone else drove straight in, infact they waited ages for us to leave it because we couldn't go anywhere due to the match finishing and road being blocked for a bit. This car did not have anyone in it that was disabled. Only a big head and attitude to boot!

Would stay here again and again. Close to walk along the pretty river and streets into the city centre. Wetherspoons and Morrisons nearby. Lots of other outlets too if you don't want to go into the city and need something.

Parking bit of an issue. Not really wanting to pay £5 per night on top of the hotel bill each night and its not right outside the front of the building. Apart from that bit of bad feeling that you get..... its a brilliant place to stay with super super staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Caroline M
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Many thanks for your very kind review. I am very happy to hear that the service was exemplary and the staff couldn't do enough for you. I am also pleased to read you found your room huge and well appointed. I am sure we will get opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Warwickshire
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed for two nights for football match. Brilliant stay just a small problem with breakfast on the second day - very busy and needed to queue - there is a warning that this can happen but there was not enough staff to both relay tables and serve tea and coffee or deal with any problems. In fact it was just manic - I observed a table being cleared and relayed whilst a customer was getting his breakfast from the buffet - good job nobody had been seated at his table before he came back. I think they need to sort this problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank albion
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear albion,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that your stay was brilliant apart for the breakfast. I have of course taken all your concerns on board, and would like to assure you that we are constantly adjusting and improving to ensure we maintain the highest standard.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent location. Well connected with the city. Just beside the Norwich stadium. The view from the room is like seeing the match from the box. Employees are very helpful & professional. Wants to stay every time whenever will be in Norwich.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Ankan999,

Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review! I will certainly share your comments with the team. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our fabulous pitch view rooms, please let us know this next time you stay so we can ensure we allocate these rooms to you on each visit.

Kind Regards,