“Great staff and location...”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The welcoming and attentive staff really mark out this City hotel. Breakfast is a very good selection. Fast lifts. Parking is great for the disabled; otherwise for most people the parking shares the Directors' parking in front of the Carrow Road Football Stadium. Pleasant riverside walk into Norwich. Standard functional and clean rooms. However, the staff attitude triumphs!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

What a fantastic review DerbyshireTourer,

Thank you for such an amazing review! It is great to see you had such a fabulous time and enjoyed your visit to Norwich.

We really do appreciate feedback as it helps the team to know they are doing such a great job!

Hope to see you soon.

Hiren Varvadekar

Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I can honestly say that staying in this hotel has been one of the best experiences I have ever had when travelling for business, and will (and have already) recommended the hotel to everyone else in my company and also those who I have met in the Norfolk area and beyond. Having stayed in many places over the years, I don't think I've ever been made to feel so at home and it made the months spent away from my family a much more bearable undertaking

The facilities are great, the rooms are spacious and extremely well maintained and the location was also second to none for all the local amenities

That being said, what really sets it apart is the team that is working there, Nick and Emma at the front desk are a pleasure to arrive to and I've always found them to be really helpful and on the rare occasion that there was anything "wrong", they were quick to put it right. I'd also like to point out that the rest of the team, from the cleaners to the bar/ restaurant staff were so approachable and friendly and really did give the impression that nothing was too much hassle

Can't reccomend highly enough

Room Tip: Any low odd number from the 3rd floor up gives amazing views of the Carrow Road pitch and stadium...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank B F
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Wow thank you so much B F!

What a wonderful feedback! I have passed on your comments to the whole team, especially to Nick and Emma who are fantastic! The team here are amazing and work so very hard to ensure that everyone has a great stay.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay so much with us, and will return!

We look forward to welcome you and of course all your colleagues back very soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

As soon as we arrived we could see disabled parking outside the door. We ordered a accessible room which was large and bright with a full disabled shower and seat. The staff were very helpful taking our bag to our room. The breakfast was very good buffet with extra items which could be ordered. A very good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback AnnKH. I was delighted to read your review and so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. All our rooms are spacious with lot of floor space and the disabled rooms are very well equipped.

I have shared your comments with my team and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times so far and each time had a very good night's sleep. Rooms are comfortable and clean and the room service menu is varied. The food I've had has been well cooked and delicious. Central location, an easy walk from the train station, fantastic view over the football pitch - not that I was interested I'm afraid!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Libwithattitude, wow, fantastic, I am delighted you had such a great stay with us at Holiday Inn Norwich City. The team work very hard to try and ensure every guest leaves here loving the hotel and the service and it is always appreciated when guests take the trouble to post such great feedback, thank you.

We are waiting to welcome you back soon!!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stay here a lot - its consistently a good hotel. Its clean - its quiet; the hotel staff are good. The location is fine and as a regular IHG member - check in and so on is a dream. By the way - get the IHG mobile app - its very good. Breakfast is good - standard fare. Its just a genuine, you "know what your going to get" good hotel with good service that I stay at a lot. As an aside - if your a runner - there is a great 10k run around a lake behnd the hotel - get directions but within 5 minutes your in the country.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback RobHYork following your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you have had consistently good experience.

The team all work very hard to try and ensure all our guests have a great experience when staying at Holiday Inn Norwich City. We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice clean hotel, rooms are modern and comfy. Restaurant and bar are nice and the food is lovely. Staff are excellent. Breakfast is really lovely with lots on offer. Good location close to a big retail park and only a 5 minute walk to riverside which has lots of bars, restaurants and a cinema and bowling and a little further walk to the town centre. overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Jennine B, I'm delighted that overall you had an excellent stay with us at Holiday Inn Norwich City and thanks for your kind words about out team - I will pass this on and I know they will be made up.

Everyone will be disappointed that we missed out on getting 5*s, however we all look forward to your next visit and hopefully get 5*s.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn over the weekend with my boyfriend, it was booked quite late so I thought we would get a better deal than what we did. The staff were very friendly on reception, they told us where the night life was and it was a 2 minute (5 minute in heels) walk from the hotel. The downfalls of the stay was one of the staff for breakfast wasn't very welcoming although I understand with it being a Sunday morning, and that the hot food wasn't particularly great. Otherwise I would recommend it for a short city break completely! Enjoyed the stay very much and would go back just would have made the booking without breakfast included.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear DLemming,

I'm delighted that overall you had an excellent stay with us at Holiday Inn Norwich City and thanks for your kind words about our reception team - I will pass this on and I know they will be made up.

I will have a quiet word with restaurant staff and share your feedback.

Please do contact us direct for your future stay as we will guarantee you best price and hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kind regards