I booked a midweek break away with my partner and we were both completely blown away by this hotel, it is without a doubt one of the best hotels you can imagine, the whole experience is utterly perfect and Holiday Inn should be proud of this hotel and its staff.
The hotel is in a very good location close to Norwich city centre and easy to drive to, this would also be a very good place to stay if you were planning on watching a match at the adjacent Norwich City football ground. The walk in Norwich city centre is around 10-15 minutes up a slight hill, with the Riverside area about 5-10 minutes away which is good for meals and drinks out.
Inside the hotel is very modern, stylish and spotlessly clean. The staff obviously take utmost pride in the appearance of the hotel. There was not one fault we could find.
The room was large in size, with high quality fittings and fixtures all round including the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows, added to this the window kept out any traffic noise, we heard no noise from the hallway and the air conditioning unit was minimal in noise and all contributed to a perfect nights sleep. The room comes with the usual supply of tea and coffee, with shower gel also provided and a non-slip mat to place in the bath.
I can recommend the breakfast which was a buffet service offering a Full English, salad, cereals and pastries. Much more than what I was expecting but still to the same high standards offered at this hotel.
I must end by saying that the biggest highlight of this hotel is the staff. From the moment we arrived and until we left all were polite, smart and gave the impression nothing was too much trouble for the guest.
We will definitely return to this hotel soon and will recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying in Norwich. You will stay nowhere better than this Holiday Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk