“Great experience from the start.”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On entering the air conditioned hotel I knew we had made the right choice. Lovely lobby, friendly receptionists (Tatanya & Emma). Pitch view room, with two double beds, we were spoilt!
Fab dinner (try the mixed grill), great breakfast and very good service from all the bar/restaurant staff especially Noemi. Will be back for longer next time. Oh and good location for restaurants. Recommend "Thai On The River". It was excellent. City centre within easy reach by bus. Free entry to Leisure Centre but only had two days so didn't get a chance to use it this time. Have booked a return trip for longer in 6 week's time. Can't wait to return! Many thanks guys x

Room Tip: Pitch view room was awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your great feedback, I will ensure I share your comments with the team and know that Tatiana, Emma and Noemi will be thrilled that they were able to make your stay that little bit more special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich City in six weeks' time!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked a double bed room for me and my man horse and was delighted to hear we were given TWO doubles beds and an awesome view of the football stadium. We are not into football but it was nice to watch seagulls go around and around.
Prices were a bit high but for what we got it was great. Room was big, clean, well ventilated (it was hot as ever yet we never got too hot in the room itself) and the bath was lovely and very big.
Did spot a big fat spider above one of the doors down the hallway, as someone who is deadly afraid of spiders I did an amusing dancing leap past it. But I am sure that is just a fluke caused by having windows open due to the heat. Room itself was spider free.
TV was weird to work with but fine. One channel was fuzzy but we still watched it because Star Wars was on.

Breakfast was like 8/10. Could of done with more cereal selections and other baked goods (I ran to the muffins only to find blueberry on offer. :C ) but as it was eat as much as you like we stuffed our little faces. Your bacon is sad but the sausages were very tasty. One thing I hated was the tiny thimble glasses for juice, I had to go back and forth like squirrel burying nuts about 5 times to get a proper drink. But still, there was apple, cranberry and orange on offer and there was milk too (for cereal) which I took a mug full.

Nights were very quite and we slept well despite the heat. Beds are comfy and we had lots of pillows. Staff were all great and helpful even though the heat was making other customers a bit ratty or excitable.
Probably will be back sometime soon for other events in Norwich as its a prime location just next to the Train station and super market just down the road. Odeon is next door too. Nice.

Room Tip: We were on floor 2 and right at the end (201) which is where the ice machine was just outside our do...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your review, I'm delighted you had a great stay at Holiday Inn Norwich City. Thank you for your observation in the hallway and I will certainly discuss with my head housekeeper. I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your breakfast, however sorry to read that you felt the bacon was not to your liking and I have asked my chef to review this with the supplier.

I do place a huge emphasis on exceeding guest expectations and delivering individual, friendly but professional service and I am pleased the staff looked after you so well.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a very nice room overlooking the football pitch on the 6th floor which only cost £10 per night to upgrade to. The staff were generally friendly and attentive. Room was fine and very clean. Breakfast is never that great in chain hotels but this was one of the better ones. Avoid the rubbery scrambled egg though and get an egg cooked! 10-15 min walk to city centre.

Room Tip: Top floor worth a cheap upgrade had air con and a bigger room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee B
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hi Lee B,

Thank you so much for your comments. Your review is definitely one we are all pleased to read. Your kind words and feedback with regards to the team have all been passed on as it is something they can all be proud of. I will definitely have a quiet word with our breakfast chef in regards to the scrambled eggs.

We look forward for your next visit and await for your 5 star rating.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a midweek break away with my partner and we were both completely blown away by this hotel, it is without a doubt one of the best hotels you can imagine, the whole experience is utterly perfect and Holiday Inn should be proud of this hotel and its staff.

The hotel is in a very good location close to Norwich city centre and easy to drive to, this would also be a very good place to stay if you were planning on watching a match at the adjacent Norwich City football ground. The walk in Norwich city centre is around 10-15 minutes up a slight hill, with the Riverside area about 5-10 minutes away which is good for meals and drinks out.

Inside the hotel is very modern, stylish and spotlessly clean. The staff obviously take utmost pride in the appearance of the hotel. There was not one fault we could find.

The room was large in size, with high quality fittings and fixtures all round including the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows, added to this the window kept out any traffic noise, we heard no noise from the hallway and the air conditioning unit was minimal in noise and all contributed to a perfect nights sleep. The room comes with the usual supply of tea and coffee, with shower gel also provided and a non-slip mat to place in the bath.

I can recommend the breakfast which was a buffet service offering a Full English, salad, cereals and pastries. Much more than what I was expecting but still to the same high standards offered at this hotel.

I must end by saying that the biggest highlight of this hotel is the staff. From the moment we arrived and until we left all were polite, smart and gave the impression nothing was too much trouble for the guest.

We will definitely return to this hotel soon and will recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying in Norwich. You will stay nowhere better than this Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Room 112 was larger due to being on the corner of the hotel. So I'd guess any room number ending...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Xp132476, I am always glad to hear that we have helped make someone's stay so very special. I am very pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and it is always very rewarding to receive positive feedback about the staff and the service they delivered. Thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was the first time me and my partner had stayed in a Holiday Inn and can say we were very impressed with the room, service well pretty much everything! Two days before we stayed at a Best western in a different location and is safe to say the standards at this Hotel were miles better than the place we stayed. The staff were very friendly and met our needs and made sure we had the best nights stay we could. The air con worked so well the room was cool just the way we liked. Its in a perfect location for all needs! Morrisons over the road, ten minute walk down the river (at night well lit and romantic! Well if your a helpless romantic like me im sure you would think so) to find many restaraunts, and about a twenty minute walk up hill to the city center and to see the stunning castle which i truly recommend going to if you love history! Breakfast in the morning was a help yourself and was wonderful. Evening meal i couldn't comment on as we met up with a friend for a meal. All in all a wonderful stay and will look forward to going again in the near future!

Dear Karaannej,

Thank you for your great 5 star review. The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please feel free to contact us direct for your next stay and we will make sure your time with is memorable.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights last weekend and was really impressed. Modern and clean throughout. Very nice fresh rooms, and two double beds! Overlooked the football pitch. Good location for station and riverside area and just a short walk to the city centre. Would def stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Hi Johnatdriff, thank you for your kind words. Our rooms are indeed very spacious and modern with all the amenities you would expect. I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and please feel free to give me a call direct when to you are ready to visit us again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is great. We went up to watch Norwich vs. Man City and you could've watched the game from our room!

View apart the hotel is a decent holiday inn nothing wrong at all, decent car parking and check inn. Breakfast was adequate and not too far from the city centre.

Room Tip: Get a pitch view on a High Floor... especially on match day.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello ChrisDerbyUk, you are absolutely right, the view of Norwich City's pitch from the bedrooms is truly amazing and certainly one of its kind. I am extremely pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and I am sure we will get to see you soon.