We booked this as the hotel we wanted to stay in was fully booked, I was initially put off by the "Holiday Inn" title which I know is wrong but they're not what I usually associate with the nicer hotels. But I was wrong, this is a nice clean hotel with a great location. Both the rooms and bathrooms were modern and very clean. A mini fridge might have been useful for someone staying longer and I think a safe is a necessity in any hotel room these days, both of which you don't get. We had a view over the pitch of the football club on the fourth floor, I'd request one of these in the future as there's not much to see from any other rooms. Rooms had air con which is a god send in the warmth weather. Good choice of food for breakfast. Stall friendly and check in and out was quick and easy. There is car parking available should you need it. Public areas also clean and tidy. Couldn't really fault it and would definitely use it again if in Norwich and would recommend to friends. I've given the hotel an average on sleep quality but that's only because I find it very difficult to sleep anywhere else other than my own bed, both my husband and daughter slept well and there is a pillow menu if you'd like to request a different pillow. Just one thing to say to manager if reading this, don't use part used toilet rolls in guests bathrooms. The loo roll in our bathroom had a tiny bit of paper on it obviously from previous users stay, not a nice touch! If you're trying to reduce waste put things like this in staff toilets or somewhere else, not in the bathroom for the next guest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk