“Really good hotel, handy for train”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Definitely one of the best Holiday Inns I have stayed in. Friendly and helpful reception, decent bar area showing Sky Sports, my exec room on 6th floor was large with comfy bed and good shower, and I had a great view out over the football pitch. Less than 10 minutes walk to the train station, but a bit of a longer walk into the city centre itself.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Manfromthemeadow

I was so pleased to hear that you rate the hotel and the staff so highly. Our reviews really do mean a lot to us so thank you for this.

Our Executive Rooms are great and being on the top floor do have some great views. The added extras such as bathrobes, mineral water, chocolate and I-Pod dock make them great value too. Should you stay again, please be sure to contact us direct and we can guarantee you the best price.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Norwich City

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Ok, so this might be getting boring for some readers. I don't review this hotel every trip but it's been a while, the staff have changed and I'm close to getting another trip adviser badge!!

The check in was smooth, they recognise platinum members, an upgrade was offered and the room was spotless.

The location is very central. 5mins walk from the Riverside area with its restaurants, bars and cinema.

Everything you'd hope (and expect) from a Holiday Inn. But what keeps me coming back (and there are cheaper local alternatives) is the quality of the staff.

This week, I've primarily been looked after by Tatjana, Noemi and Vicktoria. (And, although they are from Germany, Hungary and Lithuania, their English is excellent - heck, they even understand a Scottish accent!!!).

The quality of the team at Carrow Road is just fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble. Orders are taken and food served very quickly.

As long as Holiday Inn keep up the standard of staff, I'll keep coming back. (Again, apologies if this review bores some readers)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Tommy K

We never get bored of receiving a great review! The team always aim to provide a great experience and I was so pleased to hear that it’s our staff that keep you coming back to us. We appreciate that working away from home can be difficult, so its great to hear that the team consistently make you feel welcome. Tatjana, Noemi and Viktoria are particularly pleased to get a personal mention.

It’s great that you appreciate your Platinum recognition -we always try and offer our most frequent guests a little something extra.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* star review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We book this hotel for a Sunday night for the proximaty to the station and the Waterfront venue which we were attending a Machine Head gig. It is a easy walk from the station took us about 10 mins along a flat area. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was on the 5th floor was big enough for 2 people comfy queen sized beds. The room was clean and tidy. The free sky sports channels was a nice surprise. The hotel is part of Norwich Cities football stadium and we worked out if you booked room 501 you would have great view of the pitch.
The AC worked very well and was quiet it was the first time I have been able to sleep with it running. Breakfast had a great choice and was included in my package.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review I you want a view of football pitch ask for an odd numbered room. The...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Redthecrow

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review. The team work hard to ensure a clean and comfortable stay with excellent customer service and I was pleased to hear you thought we achieved this.

Our Pitch View Rooms really are unique and always impress, even if you’re not a football fan! If you should get the opportunity to stay on a match day, please be sure to contact us direct and we can guarantee you a room with a four corner view.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good rooms nice and clean. Ample towels + bathrobes. Air Con easy to use.Choice of firm/soft pillows but all rather thin, bed a bit on the firm side.
Breakfast good bacon very tasty. Staff polite and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Teresa L

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you found your room nice and clean and with ample towels. I’m sorry to hear the pillows in your room were rather thin. We do have a rolling programme of replacing the bedding in our rooms and if you could kindly let me know your room number I can ensure this room is addressed next. My email address is reservations.hinorwichcity@kewgreen.co.uk.

Our breakfast buffet is the highlight of the day with over 60 items to choose from. I am pleased you particularly enjoyed the bacon. Next time you visit be sure to try our Chef’s Specials at breakfast, all include in the breakfast price.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business for 1 night and the hotel appearance is very good, the staff were very welcoming and the decoration is excellent, when i got to my room i was pleasantly surprised that i had a Pitch view room which was great. the bed was comfortable and the room very clean. Dinner was very good i had the Fish & Chips and this was cooked well. Very quiet cnsidering it is close to the City Centre i had a great nights sleep Thank you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Tony D

We always aim to provide a great experience and I was so pleased to hear you thought we achieved this. The Pitch View rooms really are fantastic and I’m glad you found yours clean and comfortable and had a good nights sleep. Our location is ideal with just a 15 minute walk into the city centre but far enough away to be nice and quiet. Slightly different on a home game but a fantastic atmosphere all the same!

Thank you for leaving us a 5* review. This really does mean a lot to us.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Recently stayed on 1st August. Chose a pitch view room as we are Norwich City fans, chose to upgrade (only £3 extra!!!!) the room was excellent but not a good view of the pitch, spoke to Gill, receptionist and she changed the room to a room one floor down great view of the pitch, watched the match no problem. I would like to say that Gill especially was so very helpful as she helped us with the disabled parking space that my husband needs and also he lost his glasses and thought he had left them in the original room, Gill said she would deal with it as soon as she could, a very short time later a knock on the door and there she was, specs in hand. I would like also to say that all the staff were helpful and friendly. We have stayed there a few times before but this was the most pleasant. Did not stay for a meal this time so cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: I am not much help here as when we stay we always ask for a pitch view room so cannot comment on the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Lindag287

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review. The team work hard towards a faultless stay with excellent customer service and I was pleased to hear you thought we achieved this. Gill is especially pleased that her service made such an impact on your stay.

Our Pitch View Rooms really are unique and always impress. If you should get the opportunity to stay again on a match day, please be sure to contact us direct and we can guarantee you a room with a four corner view.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We recently stayed a couple of nights at Ipswich Road Holiday Inn as we were visiting family. We were both really impressed by the hotel having not expected very much. The room was ample size, clean and comfy as was the rest of the hotel. The restaurant was nice the Starbucks espresso was foul. Breakfast good :) Reception very friendly and helpful. By signing up to the IGH we got free wifi , all-in-all it was a great stay. Would recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Free with membership to IGH
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Beth W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Unfortunately this is posted against the wrong hotel as we are Holiday Inn Norwich City, on Carrow Road.

I am pleased to hear you joined the IHG Rewards Club and hope that you can take advantage of one of our 'member only' promotions and perhaps stay with us sometime in the future.