“Very good standard”

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very good standard”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed by this Holiday Inn, a chain I am not really fond of.
Service was excellent throughout my stay, very natural and not OTT which you can get at a lot of hotels. My room was spacious, clean, modern and well appointed. The bathroom had a good powerful shower too.
I ate in the bar and the food was good and reasonable value, as far as hotels go.
Breakfast was also good, plenty of choice and the hot food was fresh. Only issue was that the toaster didn't actually toast the bread, just warmed it up. They could also look into the seating plan, it was busy and the layout was such that there were banks of 3 'tables for 2' separated by a couple of inches, making it more like a long table for 6. This didn't afford much privacy or allow you to have a relaxing breakfast and was rather awkward.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear bsnsjone

It’s great to hear that we have changed your view of Holiday Inn for the better. We are very fortunate with our hotel and location, and the team who work here with us. I’m pleased you found your room clean and spacious and a good powerful shower certainly helps wake you up in the morning!

Thank you for your comments about the toaster and the restaurant layout. We really do value our guests feedback and I will discuss this with the Restaurant Manager.

Thank you for leaving us a review and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reception Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Wonderful hotel in the Holiday Inn chain.
Impeccably clean with great friendly, helpful staff. The Hotel is situated within the grounds of Carrow Road the Home of Norwich City Football club. The car park is shared with the Football club and is less than 50 Metres from the reception. The breakfast is a delight and the dinner menu is varied with a dish of for all appetites.
Great Hotel and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The Upper floors facing the ground give you a clear view of the Football pitch.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Biffa1

We always aim to provide a great experience and I was so pleased to hear you thought we achieved this. The Pitch View rooms really are fantastic and I’m glad you found yours clean and comfortable. Our location is ideal with just a 15 minute walk into the city centre but far enough away to be nice and quiet.

It’s great that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner with us. All of our dishes are freshly prepared and our breakfast buffet has a choice of over 60 items. Next time you stay be sure to try one of chefs specials at breakfast, all included in the breakfast cost.

Worcester
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for three nights. 20 minute walk into city centre in all honesty - a pleasant walk if you follow the river with a modern restaurant area only 10 minutes walk from hotel. Parking is not free and this is not clear on website. At weekends there is a stretch of road in front of the hotel where you can park overnight FOC - saves a few Pounds if you do this. The rooms are very acceptable, clean and tidy and quiet.
Breakfast is noisy and frantic although I thought the quality was very good. Did not dine in the restaurant as I thought it was pricy. It was always busy early evening.
Wifi was free if you accepted a slow package - for goodness sake - stop being so mean!
Will try somewhere else next time in Norwich.

Room Tip: Ask for a Carrow Road view - needless to say we did not get one despite booking ages in advance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ray J
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ray J

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that our location was favorable and you found the rooms clean and quiet.

I’m sorry that you did not find the car parking charges clear on our website. They are clearly advised on holidayinn.com, but if you did book through another channel please let me know so that I can investigate this. My email address is reservations.hinorwichcity@kewgreen.co.uk.

Breakfast does get busy but the team work hard to ensure a constant level of service and quality, so I was pleased that you felt we achieved this. We do offer a limited speed WIFI access free to all, plus IHG Rewards Club members do receive our High Speed access free of charge. The IHG Rewards Club is completely free to join and valid at over 4500 hotels across the globe.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you will try us again in the future.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I arrived quite late, check in was slow but I think this may have been because of the trainee staff which were good.
Good atmosphere in the evening.
Ordered room service and it arrived quickly and was tasty.
Rooms comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was as you expect in an holiday inn- plenty of choice and good value.
The staff checking us into breakfast were ok but not particularly happy or helpful.
Would stay here again as it is convienent and you always know what you are going to get with HI's

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear rachel_s_2011

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear that over all you had a good experience. I’m sorry if you experienced a delay at check-in. Our new Receptionist is coming on so well and she will certainly be pleased that you rated her good.

I am pleased that you found you room clean and comfortable, room service quick and tasty, and plenty of choice at breakfast. We work hard to achieve good standards in these areas so it’s great when this gets recognised. I do however apologise that you didn't get such a good welcome at breakfast and will certainly mention this to the Restaurant Manager.

Thanks once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a standard hotel with little elegance (£100 per room). You know what to expect & will receive it. Room was large & overlooked the football pitch - thankfully it was empty. Windows don't open sufficiently to allow any air into the room so had to rely on the climate control with the associated noise & blocked nose in the morning. King sized bed - shower was over bath so a bit rubbish especially as the plug hole was right under your feet so keep shutting it off. Breakfast was really excellent with a really good choice of delicious foods (£10 per head)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Su-Mart

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post a review. The windows in our rooms do tilt to allow ventilation, however do not open fully for safety reasons. Whilst the view over the football stadium is a fantastic addition for some, I appreciate it is not to everyone’s liking. If you should be staying in Norwich again, please do contact us directly on 0870 890 1000 so that we can best advise on a room to suit your preferences.

Our breakfast buffet is the highlight of the day with over 60 items to choose from. I am pleased you rate it so highly. If you do visit again, be sure to try our Chef’s Specials at breakfast, all included in the breakfast cost.

London
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Definitely one of the best Holiday Inns I have stayed in. Friendly and helpful reception, decent bar area showing Sky Sports, my exec room on 6th floor was large with comfy bed and good shower, and I had a great view out over the football pitch. Less than 10 minutes walk to the train station, but a bit of a longer walk into the city centre itself.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Manfromthemeadow

I was so pleased to hear that you rate the hotel and the staff so highly. Our reviews really do mean a lot to us so thank you for this.

Our Executive Rooms are great and being on the top floor do have some great views. The added extras such as bathrobes, mineral water, chocolate and I-Pod dock make them great value too. Should you stay again, please be sure to contact us direct and we can guarantee you the best price.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Ok, so this might be getting boring for some readers. I don't review this hotel every trip but it's been a while, the staff have changed and I'm close to getting another trip adviser badge!!

The check in was smooth, they recognise platinum members, an upgrade was offered and the room was spotless.

The location is very central. 5mins walk from the Riverside area with its restaurants, bars and cinema.

Everything you'd hope (and expect) from a Holiday Inn. But what keeps me coming back (and there are cheaper local alternatives) is the quality of the staff.

This week, I've primarily been looked after by Tatjana, Noemi and Vicktoria. (And, although they are from Germany, Hungary and Lithuania, their English is excellent - heck, they even understand a Scottish accent!!!).

The quality of the team at Carrow Road is just fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble. Orders are taken and food served very quickly.

As long as Holiday Inn keep up the standard of staff, I'll keep coming back. (Again, apologies if this review bores some readers)

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hiren V V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Tommy K

We never get bored of receiving a great review! The team always aim to provide a great experience and I was so pleased to hear that it’s our staff that keep you coming back to us. We appreciate that working away from home can be difficult, so its great to hear that the team consistently make you feel welcome. Tatjana, Noemi and Viktoria are particularly pleased to get a personal mention.

It’s great that you appreciate your Platinum recognition -we always try and offer our most frequent guests a little something extra.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* star review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.