“Standard Holiday Inn experience”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 21 June 2010

As a Platinum member of Holiday Inn's loyalty scheme, I was looking for somewhere to stay for two nights on a work trip to Norwich and booked in advance at this hotel. The hotel was standard Holiday Inn fare - clean, efficient and business like. Quite a big hotel. Walkable, although a reasonable stretch, to City centre.
Building work was being done in the adjacent football ground during my stay and I found the noise intrusive during working hours.
Tray charge for room service is excessive.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2010

Thank you for posting your review to trip advisor and your positive ratings for which my colleagues and I are grateful. I’m pleased that we were able to welcome a recognized supporter of our family of brands to the Holiday Inn Norwich City. My team will be encouraged by the noted cleanliness and efficiency, and will I’m sure re look at our level of care, as we are normally praised for our friendliness, it would appear in being ‘business like’ this was not apparent during you visit for which we must apologise.
I have noted your comments as to the building work in progress and due for completion by the end of July 2010, taking place in the Football Club next door. Whilst this out of our control, I am aware that works only take place from 8.00 am to 5.30 daily naturally with a large property should any guest wish to move rooms it would be our normal practice to oblige availability permitting.
I trust we should be able to welcome you back to the Hotel under better circumstances should your needs bring you to Norwich in the future, and thank you once again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 13 June 2010

A very comfortable hotel next door to Norwich football ground and about 15 minutes walk from the main city centre. The room I had was a very good size with 2 double beds and everything was modern and well-maintained. Work commitments meant I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, but I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Tripadvisor Review, Myself and my colleagues are pleased that you found our hotel met with your satisfaction and needs during your business stay. Thank you for mentioning that in future you would consider a return visit. I trust at that time you’ll be able to experience more of the service in the hotel, and the facilities on offer; such as our newly installed 3D TV to help with viewing of some of the up and coming world cup matches in our comfortable bar area. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 19 May 2010

Having now stayed at this hotel several times over the last couple of years whilst visiting friends, I have never once been let down by the level of service, the friendliness of all the staff and the sheer quality of the hotel. The rooms are modern, spacious and very clean. I think one thing that has impressed me the most is that the standards have never once dropped. Definitely the best hotel in Norwich.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Thank you posting your review to Trpadvisor following you recent stay.
Myself and my colleagues are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the facilities again to your liking. It was encouraging to read of your support for the hotel, and your recognition of our aim to deliver commendable friendly service time after time. It always makes our daily welcome to many visitors to Norwich and to The Holiday Inn Norwich City all the satisfying to receive comments such as yours, Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2010

A fantastic stay. Our room was very spacious and the decor was modern, clean and very comfortable with a view straight onto Norwich City football ground.
The staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating. We spent a lovely evening in the bar, which had a great atmosphere and, as with most of the Holiday Inn's I've stayed at, the breakfast was second to none (great to soak up the drinks consumed the night previously)
Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankiegoulding
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2010

Thank you for your time in posting your review to Tripadvisor. We’re pleased that you found the room, bar and breakfast to your liking. Thank you for your positive comments with regards to my team this will mean lot, when they read your comments. We’re Glad you had a fantastic, I trust we’ll be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich City and our Fine City should your needs bring you to our City again.

Reviewed 30 April 2010

Me and my husband had a fabulous stay here and hope to again sometime in the future. Our main reason for the trip, other than to have a break, was to watch a certain football match at the Carrow Road stadium from the comfort of our room and I can't stress enough how good the view of the pitch was ! The only slight downside was the reflection of ourselves in the window and certain rules that have to be obeyed whilst the game was in play, such as no booze in the room.
The staff were very polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We were seen to very quickly and efficiently at Reception and at the bar and the staff in the Restaurant were very attentive, especially for our evening meal. The morning we had breakfast was extremely busy and we had to wait a little while for a fresh batch of eggs to be served and for the milk to be topped up, but the staff were aware of this and dealt with it as promptly as they could. Overall we were very happy with the food and the choices on offer but maybe the prices were a little more expensive than we had envisaged.
Our room was extremely clean, bright and modern with a fabulous en-suite. The bed was very comfortable and the Hotel was very quiet at night so we had a good nights sleep.
We walked to the shops in the Riverside area, which took less than 5 minutes and from there we had a nice, slightly up-hill, stroll to the main City Centre which took a further 15 minutes, so you don't need to rely on a taxi unless you are going somewhere futher, such as the Theatre or are feeling tired or just want to be pampered.
We would definately recommend this Hotel which, incidentally, we feel should be rated as 4 star and the lovely City of Norwich is well worth a visit, with the Broads, Cromer and Great Yarmouth all within easy driving distance.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review and taking the time to comment in detail on your stay. I’m pleased that enjoyed the stay, and we could be a part of your successful weekend in supporting your team.
We recognise that Sunday mornings can be a busy breakfast, with ’lie ins’ and a relaxing day ahead, it’s pleasing that you recognised our endeavours to keep up with demand, and that our attentiveness in the evening was continued in the morning. Our menu changes every eight weeks and what ever the menu in operation in the hotel from lounge to room service and restaurant you’re able to choose any item to eat anywhere.
Thank you for commenting on the room cleanliness and comfort as the team in housekeeping will be grateful. Thank you once again I trust in the coming season and The Championship we’ll be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2010

This hotel is a short walk from the Norwich Station, & part of the Norwich City football ground. This suited my purpose, as I was travelling around on public transport. I received a wonderful welcome from the staff, & was able to check-in at 1pm. During my stay the staff were super-friendly & helpful. I intend to return in 2011, with 4 friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time comment on your stay and post your review to Tripadvisor.
I’m pleased the location suited your needs and the service you received from my colleagues was of note, and we were able to welcome you early to our hotel.
I’m glad that our friendly welcome extended from your arrival through to the rest of the team during your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back in 2011!

Reviewed 3 April 2010

I don't always have huge expectations of Holiday Inns but this one bucked the trend. It was bright, clean and very comfortable with the rooms of a high standard. The staff, especially reception were especially helpful. I would stay again and would recommend it.

The only drawback, and what a shame there had to be one, was the extortionate and I mean extortionate service charge for room service. A complaint brought no reaction so I assume I am the only guest to have objected. Also beware the small print when booking direct with the hotel. The rate may appear to match competitors but the small print certainly as I booked showed a 10% additional service charge payable at the hotel. Reception at the hotel itself told me they did not levy this charge, but when I referred this query to central booking it brought no response or explanation so I suppose I ought to offer a word of warning in case this small print is still there on www bookings direct.

was de

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2010

Thank you for your recent review and posting to tripadvisor.
Firstly thank you for choosing to stay with ourselves whilst visiting Norwich and I trust that we have changed your level of expectation with regards to Holiday Inn for the future.
I was pleased to read that my Front Desk Team were able to be helpful during your stay.
The 10% service charge description has been deleted from our web content pages, this error was deleted when noticed, and no charges ensued.
I regret that the ‘Tray charge’ for delivery to your room has caused some concern; it is a charge which is levied throughout our company nationally and indeed is also charged by many of our competitors.
Once again thank you for your review, I have ensured my Front desk team have been made aware of your comments, and trust we will be able to welcome you again to the Holiday Inn Norwich City in the near future.