“Met All Of My Needs, Precisely, Professionally & With No Fuss”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Ideally situated within a 5 minute walk from Norwich railway station. Friendly and swift check-in, staff friendly and helpful, room spacious, clean and more than adequate-not too sure about the carpet though! Spacious bathroom, plenty of complimentary items and as much hot water as you'll ever need. Good place for meetings, bar spacious and clean, food menu, including room service selection excellent. A good place to stay, a good place to conduct business. Thankyou.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Thank you for your kind words and positive review of The Holiday Inn Norwich City.
For the business user or leisure guest alike The Holiday Inn Norwich City provides as said an excellent base of operations.
I have ensured that my colleagues have had the opportunity to review your posting a share your positive comments.
I trust it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back to the hotel should your needs bring you back to Norwich.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Norwich City

Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Central last weekend, what a really nice hotel! On arrival we were not sure where to park, the receptionist came out in the rain a guided us to a space.

The hotel is right next door to Norwich Football Ground, when we were checked in by a very friendly young lady she did not mention we had a pitch facing room, and to our suprise as we walked into our room and pulled back the net curtain there was the game playing right in front of us, it was brilliant we were a stones throw away from the Hull supporters stand, you felt like you were in the stand, it was fantastic! so we watched the second half of the game from the comfort of our hotel room, what a great way to start your stay!!!!!

The hotel room was huge, with a lovely big bed, pillow menu!, large desk area, seating, nice flat screen tv, tea and coffee facilities with biscuits! (which was nice, you never see biscuits anymore!), complimentary water, big wardrobe with plenty of hangers, iron and board, and a nice sized bathroom with bath and shower. The room and the hotel were very clean and it is nice and modern, not to fussy.

We had a drink before we went out that night, it has a lovely bar areawith flat screen Tv's on the wall, I had a Gin and Tonic which was served in a rather snazzy slanted glass!

Breakfast was very nice, with a really good selection of fruits, yoghurts, breads, condiments, cereals, coffee/tea and a menu for the cooked foods.

All the staff were really friendly and helpfull, and the walk into Norwich is not to far, I would defiantly use this hotel again and would reccomend a stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay, I’m pleased that we were able to contribute to your enjoyment of the weekend.
I’ve taken the opportunity to thank personally my colleague on the front desk who braved the rain to come to your assistance, as parking is split either at the front or rear of the property.
I welcome your detailed descriptions of our breakfast offering, bedroom and bar service; I trust these will be of benefit to other potential guests in the future.
I have shared your comments with my colleagues, who I’m sure will take heart from your positive comments from the welcome arrival through to the cleanliness of your room.
I trust it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

First I would just like to say Over many many years working in the Space industry, I must have stayed at over 100 hotels in that time in Europe and the USA.
You hear the expression of the WOW factor. I have never come across a Hotel that fitted that expression, until now that is when we stayed with you in Norwich.

We would like to thank you and all your staff that made us most welcome From the very warm welcome at reception to the bar and restaurant staff not forgetting house keepers

and on returning to the Hotel after a day out exploring the town to be asked if we had a good day and enjoyed ourselves and took a real interest of where and what we had been upto.

Even when we were a little lost in town for a stranger to ask if they could help, not something you find in many cities.

My Wife is already planning another trip to Norfolk.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete your review on Tripadvisor.
I have taken the opportunity to share you comments with my colleagues; I trust you will accept our sincere thanks for the kind words. I’m pleased the hospitality you reported on in the Hotel was then mirrored on the streets of Norwich; it truly has a lot to offer the visitor.
Thank you for committing to a further visit, we’ll be pleased to see you like all our regular visitors again, best regards

Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stay here very regularly because the staff are the nicest we've come across, the hotel is ultra modern and comfortable and the location is perfect being within walking distance of the city.
The rooms are very modern and much larger than most other hotel rooms. Also the twin rooms offer two double beds which is definetly a bonus!
The staff here are excellent and have always been really friendly. All the reception team are friendly and ensure that everything is hassle free. The bar staff are also very friendly as are the housekeeping staff who clean the rooms spotlessly and make little noise during the mornings.
I always reccomend this hotel to others as we've never had any problems and have always had a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

Thank you taking the time to review The Holiday Inn Norwich City following one of your recent stays. Myself and the team are thankful that we have been able to meet your needs consistently. I am pleased that the friendliness of the team has made a positive impression, proof that despite the perception of a major branded hotel, we can and do treat our guests as individuals. It’s great to see the Housekeeping team get a mention, it’s all to easy to forget this valuable team behind the scenes preparing rooms and all important cleanliness that one both expects and demands. Once again thank you for your comments, continued support and recommendations; I trust we will in turn continue to be of service to you on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2010

Five Star service from the staff, excellent rooms (ours overlooked the pitch) easy access to Norwich. Try the new breakfast menu! Staff and Hotel accommodation could not be better. A credit to the manager.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your generous comments following your recent stay, thank you for highlighting the new Breakfast menu, the initial feedback gained from guests is very positive, and we are encouraged taking this forward for the rest of our group of properties. Naturally all credit in service from welcome to departure lies with my team, I’ll ensure your kind words are shared. I trust we will be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich City at some point in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2010

A comfortable , clean and quiet hotel for couples or families.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review, Myself and my team are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and welcome your recommendations, I trust should needs bring you to the area in the future we will be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2010

I stayed here in June 2009 for 5 days (4 nights) for business and it was EXCELLENT!
The staff were efficient, helpful, curtious and well mannered.
The hotel is well looked after and in a great location with easy access into town.
I wouldn't bring my kids here but for business or couples, it's perfect.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased that my team were able to deliver a consistent level of service and meet your needs during your stay. I trust should your needs bring you to Norwich in the future you’ll find our service has not diminished, and your trust in our product will be confirmed. Thank you again for your review.