You may be excused for thinking that Holiday Inns are impersonal and cold, with off-hand staff, but if this is what you find, the Holiday Inn, Norwich City certainly bucks the trend. As soon as we arrived the reception manager, Lucy, greeted us with a warm smile and our room keys. She was very helpful throughout our stay, as were the rest of the staff.
This HI is only c.3 years old and as such is in a good state of decoration, trendy, but cosy. It is part of the stadium of Norwich City FC and on home fixtures the restaurant and reception gets very busy and it is not advisable to leave the hotel when the crowds are dispersing. But ... if you are lucky enough to get a room facing the pitch and enjoy football, then your ship has come home! If not, you can just see the pitch from the end of the corridor!
The rooms are large, big beds, spacious bathrooms with shower above the bath. Lovely white linen and towels and all the usual accompanyments. Walls are solid block, so it is very quiet at night. Air con/room temp. is controlled by setting the desired temperature on a rather too small display near the door.
We had a restricted, tourist, menu, which was rather disappointing, but nonetheless the food was excellent. Breakfasts are buffet style with everything from continental to full English, four fruit juices, etc. No complaints here! Our waiter was exceptional, James, I think. He spent time with us, explaining Norwich and even provided maps! Top man, well done.
The location is not inner city and is a reasonable walk, up-hill, into the town. A bus service does pass nearby, though and is also very close to the railway station. A pleasant walk along the river Wensum will bring you close to the Cathedral.
Top marks to all concerned at the Holiday Inn, Norwich City!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary, stylish, award winning hotel (Hotel of the Year 2011) is the perfect property for business and leisure guests visiting historic Norwich. Holiday Inn Norwich City is the newest full service property in the city and has 150 air conditioned, light, modern bedrooms all of which are non smoking. Many of the rooms offer a pitch view of Norwich City's premier league ground and with a mix of executive, suites, standard, twin and accessible rooms we can offer something for everybody. The hotels atmospheric bar is a meeting place for everybody and serves a superb selection of wines, beers, bar snacks or full meals from our dine anywhere menu, or dine in style in our superb restaurant, the choice is always yours. Thinking of exploring? The hotel is in walking distance of Norwich's two cathedrals, its stunning Castle dating back to the Norman Conquest and the superb Norwich Lanes for individual bespoke shops. Alternatively head for the Chapelfield Shopping Centre with over 90 well known outlets making it a shopping paradise and placing Norwich in the top 10 of UK shopping destinations. With only a 5 minute walk to Norwich station leave the car at the hotel and let the train take the strain and visit the beautiful North Norfolk coast, the delightful Norfolk Broads or the seaside resort of Great Yarmouth what could be easier? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Norwich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norwich City Norfolk