“Great value for money...”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value for money...”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Great value for money, a stones throw away from the football stadium where I relaxed and enjoyed a beverage or two. Good value for money and even better location.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Thank you for recent Tripadvisor contribution, we are pleased that you were able to relax, wind down in a great location, knowing that it’s all great value. We have recently introduced an even greater reduced pricing available as an advance purchase some 21 days prior to your stay. For those who can guarantee their stay date this can represent exceptional value.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Earth
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Had a pitch view room which was excellent.
The bar and food service in the bar area was very good. I'd recommend having the Chicken Peri Peri which although a bit expensive was very good.
The gym is a bit small but adequate for what it is.
Car parking is a short walk from the hotel but no problems there although it is £5 per night.
All staff very friendly and good.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of The Holiday Inn Norwich City and your posting to Tripadvisor. Thank you for highlighting several of the many strengths of our team and property, I trust your review will prove valuable to our future guests. I’m pleased we were able to meet your expectations during your stay.
Colchester, Essex United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Norwich City Holiday Inn. The check in process was great, No fuss because I was a bit early and I got a Pitch View Room at no extra charge. The staff were amongst the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered.
The rooms were spotless and comfortable and it was very quiet (once the football was over). I managed to get tickets for the match, so I sat there freezing on the terraces at Carrow Road, but our team won, so I didn't mind, but actually the view from the Room was better. There are some restrictions set out by the FA on matchdays and it was very busy before the Match, but The Hotel is on the corner of the football ground, so to be extpected. I have to say all the fans we met were very freindly, both home and away.
I booked breakfast in advance for £11 each and it was worth it, the main dished were freshly cooked and plentiful. For those on a tighter budget there is a Morissons Supermarket nearby where I had a very nice pre-match lunch.
it was a bit of a hike into the City Centre and the Busses were expensive and few and far between, Taxis are reasonalble and there were plenty of 'Chain Type' Restaurants at the Riverside area about 15 minute walk away (near the Railway Station)
Football or No, I would like to go back to this Hotel

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and posting to Tripadvisor, I’m pleased that you enjoyed both your stay at The Holiday Inn Norwich City and the time spent visiting the City. Thank you for your intent to return and the kind words with regards to the friendliness of the team, this means a lot to us. There are several opportunities to enjoy Norwich and the hotel whatever ones budget. We have recently added to the pre booked breakfast voucher, with a great £25.00 Food & Beverage Voucher which can be bought on arrival for only £20.00 giving our customers not only an instant 20% discount but the ability to spend this voucher upon any food & beverage experience. I trust we’ll see again in the future.
colchester
Reviewed 10 January 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I am glad to say it is still of a very high standard.

This time I was traveling with my wife and our 8 week old baby (His First hotel experience). At check in we were greeted by a very friendly and super efficient gentleman. We were given a room upgrade to reflect our priority club status on the 6th floor very nice quiet room.

We requested a cot for the room from reception and when we returned to the room after popping out it was there all stet up by house keeping. My wife then entered the bathroom and found that they had also left 3 rubber ducks for the bath. This really was above and beyond what I expected and needs to be complemented.

We ordered room service both nights we were there and it arrived promptly and was very good quality £4.50 is a bit expensive for a tray charge but it costs what it costs. Breakfast was very nice and staff very attentive.

Finally check out was a pleasure very warm and friendly just what you need to make customers come back.

If the management of this hotel reads this review they need to convey our thanks to the staff for an excellent weekend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Thank you for your recent stay and tripadvisor review, I know my team will take pleasure in your kind words. As with all reviews these are shared with the team throughout the Hotel. It’s great to read that we and the Ducks delivered a warm, friendly and attentive service.
I’m pleased that you chose to return to the hotel and we continued to meet your expectations.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel because we were having a family get-together at Delia's restaurant at the football ground and would definately stay here again when we come to Norwich for football matches.
The room was very modern and a good size, with plenty of storage. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom too was ultra modern with lots of shelf space.
There were not many channels on the tv, but that was not really a problem.
Check in and check out was very friendly and the receptionist booked us a taxi and kept us informed as to when it would arrive.
We did not have dinner at the hotel, but there was a very good choice of breakfast items and the hot food was well cooked. The fried mushrooms were fresh, not tinned and there was a good selection of breads.
The only niggle we had was having to wait quite a while to get served with drinks on the Saturday afternoon. The chap in the bar seemed to be helping out in reception too. It could be that they were a bit short staffed due to the terrible weather conditions.
There is parking outside the hotel for blue badge holders and another car park next door at the football ground for £4.50 per night.
Overall, this was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 22 December 2010
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review, The Holiday Inn Norwich city is certainly the place to stay if you’re celebrating at Delia’s Restaurant a short walk from the hotel.
We do naturally flex our team depending upon the circumstances of the day, and we endeavour to meet these demands daily.
I’m pleased you were able to comment on the friendliness of the team and the positive aspects of our breakfast service this will mean a lot to my team.
Thank you once again for your visit I trust we will be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich city in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Booked an executive room which gave the impression of being a bigger room with several added amenities.Sadly none of these were evident and within five minutes of being in the room we were ringing room service to put things right, not a great start.Surely the room is checked before being handed over.Hotel is a business hotel and this comes across in everything it provides.Seemed understaffed as everything was laboured.Breakfast is a help yourself affair and no direction was given by the waiting staff.With a little polish and a change of direction (at weekends at least) this could be a great hotel.Pricing a little high.Sadly the room was next to the lift shaft and quite noisy.

2 Thank ROBINONorwich
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 24 December 2010
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback.
My team have been made aware of your comments; I regret that we have given you cause for dissatisfaction, and trust you will accept our sincere apologies. Having just received an International Award in recognition of our customer service and quality standards, I’m pleased to say my colleagues will take action as a result of your comments and ensure that future guests are given a more polished performance. I naturally have stayed in several of our rooms in varying locations throughout the hotel, to qualify I trust the guest experience, and have found this hotel to be one of the quietest I have had the privilege to manage. The sound proofing together with your positive rating of our cleanliness are commented on very positively by our guests.
Thank you once again for your review.
Portsmouth, UK
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Couldn't recommend this hotel enough.

My husband and I stayed two nights at the hotel for the Portsmouth vs Norwich game and used the Superbreak offer of two nights stay, full english breakfast and dinner for one night.

The staff were incredibly friendly, from the receptionists to the cleaning staff, everyone always greeted us with a friendly smile. The style of the hotel was really funky and our rooms were clean and fresh. Food was great and not too expensive and same with the drinks and prices in the hotel were about the same as Portsmouth generally , (which made a nice change from some hotels!). Breakfast was okay, perhaps not the best but I think that's more the problem with buffet style cooked breakfasts than the fault of the hotel and it was kept well stocked up through out breakfast .

It's location was great, really close to the Riverside Complex which impressed us with it's deals for match ticket holders, even us away fans, on food. It was an easy walking distance to the castle and shopping and right opposite a Morrison's, JJB etc. Obviously being right on the corner of the stadium it was perfect for the game and we were both impressed with the supply of coffee and pasties that the hotel offered to everyone, not just hotel users, before the game. Which created a really nice atmosphere.

If we can we will definitely be back next year for another break ( and hopefully another football match!)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, 19 December 2010
Thank you for review, I’m pleased your stay whilst visiting to support your team was a positive one. Thank you for recognizing our friendliness, your comments will be appreciated by all the team. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.