“A bit too grim”

Ranked #19 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“A bit too grim”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

This is basically a super-budget B&B masquerading as a hotel. Stay here if you don't care about your environment: cheap furniture, faded wallpaper and pokey rooms add up to a depressing stay. For only £10 more, we stayed in a very comfy hotel in Norwich (the Maid's Head) the next evening!

• Stayed June 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
canada
Reviewed 8 July 2008

I stayed at the Abbey Hotel for three nights. Not once did I see an employee. There was no telephone to use so I had to walk down the street to the payphone which apparently is the payphone that hookers use by the train station as I was approached more than once with offers. Which is always fun. The cleaners were waiting outside my room in the morning to get in the room. As well, the owner lost my credit card information and as I was travelling europe I returned home to find an email in which the owner explained he was contacting couple whose wedding I attended and was going to bother them in order to get payment. Apparently he assumed I was not responding to his email on purpose. Not my fault you lost my credit card information! Inappropriate beyond belief. I would NEVER srecommend the abbey hotel.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
Charlottesville VA
Reviewed 2 April 2008

My sister and I stayed at the Abbey while visiting Norwich Cathedral. The room was spacious and cozy. Breakfasts are prepared to meet individual requests and are delicious. The location is an easy walk from the train station. The owners were friendly and anticipated and accommodated our needs. We would return.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank BooWood
Poole
Reviewed 22 November 2007

Stayed here while working for a week in Norwich. Was really impressed with the room, absolutely spotless and well cared for! The owners are really friendly and always willing to help. No early morning interruptions from cleaners which was appreciated as I was often working late- they would wait until I was out before cleaning the room. Would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay close to the city centre.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business