“Excellent value with fantastic service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Abbey Guest House
Ranked #18 of 86 Norwich B&B and Inns
Newark Notts
“Excellent value with fantastic service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have just returned from a one night stay at the Abbey Hotel.I had a single bedroom with a shared bathroom.I considered the cost of £30 to be great value.The accomodation and location was everything I needed.I explored the city on foot and a large number of it's brilliant real ale pubs.The lady owner of the guest house provided me with a coloured detailed map.She printed this for me and carefully located and ringed my first pub stop!She could not have been more helpful.The permit she gave me allowed parking just in front of the hotel.My cooked breakfast was perfect.At the price I thoroughly recommend the Abbey Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here on New Year's Eve and couldn't have asked for more. David and Mandy are very welcoming and friendly. Great location, quick walk into the city and to the train station. Lovely breakfast, big enough room and bed very comfortable. I would definitely stay again and definitely recommend to anyone staying in Norwich.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rugeley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I stayed for Saturday night. Very warm welcome from David and, as we stayed in one of the family rooms, it was very spacious and more than adequately furnished.
The breakfast was all that was needed and as much as you could want. Mandy was full of joy and kept the tea flowing.
If you're looking for a "value for money" experience close to the centre of Norwich..... then look no further. This will fill your needs.
Many Thanks for a very pleasant stay in your lovely home

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I think the title of this review says it all. I rate this establishment for the convenience and value for money it offers. David and Mandy are exceptionally warm and welcoming. I have stayed a few times now and keep returning whenever I need to make a quick trip up to Norwich. As a guest house, it offers all you want in terms of cleanliness and facilities. The breakfast in the mornings is generous and helps to get the day off to a good start. There was an occasion when I had to arrive late due to travel delays and David waited up until 2am to let me in which went beyond the call of duty. I have read some reviews stating problems with parking but I have always managed to park without a problem. One side of the street is permit parking for which a permit is provided and the other side allows a vehicle to remain until 10am without charge - ample time to move the vehicle in the morning should the need arise. I would highly recommend if you are on a budget and not expecting any of the frills associated with the larger hotel chains - having said that, the home cooked breakfast is far better than those breakfasts I have experiences at the larger chains.

Room Tip: the property is built as a 3 floor Victorian Terraced house. If you have a problem with stairs (no l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have stayed in The Abbey before, but last time I switched to Travelodge which, I imagine, is something like staying in prison.

So, for my third trip to Norwich, I stayed here. Again.

At £25 for a single room and breakfast I really don't think this can be beaten for value. I the single room, not en suite, but there were toilets and showers down the hall. My room had multi-channel digital TV, tea and coffee making facilities. And in the morning a choice of cereals, fried breakfast with toast.

The welcome was very friendly, as was the service throughout. A wonderful place, a gem, just overlooking the station and a 5 minute walk from the football ground.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shropshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a twin room with a friend for a football weekend. The room was not en-suite but the adjacent bathroom was shared with only one other room and was very clean and spacious.

The room itself was fine, clean and comfortable but decor maybe a little dated.

The welcome and hospitality were excellent and the breakfast very good. Parking can be difficult but we were early enough to use a resident's pass.

Don't expect 4/5 star comfort but if you want an excellent value comfortable option, this is fine. Handy for the station and city centre.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had such a wonderful stay at the Abbey Hotel. Mandy and David are the loveliest people and are so warm and welcoming. The hotel is very clean, quiet and in an ideal location. Some people say the decor is dated but I found it charming and personal, the opposite of the impersonal, more clinical chains of budget hotels. The breakfast is amazing too :) If you want a comfortable, pleasant and memorable stay in Norwich (for all the right reasons) I couldn't recommend the Abbey and its wonderful hosts highly enough. I will definitely be returning to the Abbey Hotel when I next visit Norfolk. Thank you :) x

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business