“A public house made more interesting.”
Review of Masala garden

Masala garden
Ranked #120 of 842 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hales is a small village situated off the A143 and near another village called Raveningham.

As you turn off the A143 into Hales (there are two right turn possibilities heading towards Norwich - both get you to the restaurant) drive into the village and look out for the restaurant which is an old pub on the right as you are driving through the village.

For those bikers that remember C.J. Balls being in the village it is 500m beyond their old showroom (now mobility scooters).

The restaurant seems to open any time eating is on the table, and the food is succulent and delicious. I recommend the vegetarian and fish curries. My taste buds are tingling just remembering.

I have tried many curry houses in the world and around the area, and TBH this is the best curry outside of Magdalene St in Norwich. If any body remembers the curry wars in Norwich a good curry with much banter and drinking might have only cost £15 / head.

The prices here are competitive, and if you are driving can seem quite reasonable as alcohol is at a premium these days.

I shall keep going there until I can complain about something. As being British it is in my nature. I think I shall be going there for some time before this might happen as the staff are accommodating and pleasant, and very astute. They also make you feel very welcome. The bar talk may be mesmerising.

David

5  Thank David R
There are newer reviews for Masala garden

Reviewed 24 August 2014

really good curry & copming originally from birmingham, have had a few in my time - the value is very good - had the sunday special at £12.00 & will be having curry again tomorrow as could only manage half toight as includes starter, main, side, rice Naan

2  Thank jimbeam08
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went on the opening night, they were very busy and some of the food was good and some not so good, Vowed i would not come back, but thought we would give it another go,
Staff were pleasant enough, they brought out some papadoms with the usual dips, but the yoghurt dip had gone off, ordered 4 main meals and some side dishes. when the guy brought out the plates I think he thought he was chucking a frisbee at the beach, never had plates delivered like that before.2 meals were ok, 2 were not so good, my chicken was like chewing on a rubber band, and tarka daal was wrank, seem to think they had used old gone off onions.It is obvoius the chefs do NOT taste before they supply Beer was good and not too exspensive. Did tell the manager,they think a free drink will get you back,But this time i definately will not go back

2  Thank David T
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our party of four enjoyed a variety of dishes all freshly prepared and served promptly. We have visited quite a few Indian restaurants over the years and Masala Garden is one of the best in terms of value for money and quality of the food.

2  Thank janeandshayne
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been here with my family, and will be going again, it is by far the best in the area, all the food arrived in good time and very well presented.
Great fresh taste, with some new chef's specials that I have never heard of!

1  Thank Dean0007