“Another excellent with a famous celebrity from other country”

Ciscoe's Pan Asian & Sushi
Ranked #51 of 843 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Cambodian, Philippine, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner w/ a famous heartthrob from the Philippines. Had a chance to dine, mingle and picture-taking w/ other guests as well. Thumbs up again to all staff.

2  Thank Julie N
There are newer reviews for Ciscoe's Pan Asian & Sushi

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our food was visually stunning, and tasted even better! A restaurant which will soar in popularity as word gets out. Thank you

2  Thank Emma L
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Another restaurant chosen on Tripadvisors' advice; and it didn't disappoint!!

Appearance from the outside is unassuming, but don't let it fool you - inside is clean and tidy; with a plain but pleasant decor; it seems Ciscoe's lets the food do the talking.

Service is friendly and the staff are well presented.

The menu is simple, but varied - they have a separate menu for Sushi, but we chose hot food for the evening.
I ordered the sticky belly of pork with a bowl of mixed meat rice on the side; my other half ordered Ciscoe's beef curry.
My dish was just as described on the menu; a generous portion of sweet and sticky glazed pork belly, which had a nice crisp to the ouside. Ciscoe's (generously portioned) beef curry was very tasty, the beef was perfectly cooked and the sauce had an admirable kick to it! The mixed meat rice was again very generously portioned and I was delighted to find proper chunks of beef, chicken and pork included in the dish - rather than little cubes you get from takeaways.

The pricing is very reasonable considering the size of the portions, will definitely be visiting again!

2  Thank Dave_S2121
Reviewed 10 August 2014

So another trip to Ciscoes, as I've said before I am known to them and vice versa but in another business - I'm a regular paying customer at the restaurant. Two interesting children related experiences.

Firstly I took my two youngsters there last weekend, they are 2 and 4 years old, so not ideal. Ian Cisco and the team were awesome and prepared the children pan fried sea bass and hand cut chips. Sounds a bit pretentious but was served up with an at the table big squeeze of Heinz tomato sauce, children's chopsticks, the sea bass was battered and sliced thin, the kids loved it as it came on a "grown up" plate, and the chopsticks were fun alongside the normal cutlery.

My four year old sat at the Sushi bar and watched the food cooked which entertained her greatly.

Mine were the first children Ciscoes had served, but as if by magic, straight after us a couple walked in with two smaller children, Eve bringing out the high chair for them. Dessert was fresh strawberries, ice cream and fruit sauces - simple, easy for the kids, great. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I can remember what I had lol. Mixed seafood noodle as I recall, excellent, spicy but to my spec.

Same time exactly one week later I was putting my elder (26) year old Daughter and her fiancée back on their coach for the Midlands, called ahead, had Cisco make them a lunch box for the coach. Hilarious. When ordering takeaway from Ciscoes bear in mind that the team don't do crappy food in a box. What we picked up, in tightly sealed containers, foil dishes and proper catering transparent topped platter containers, was essentially a whole meal, side dishes, sushi, chicken, salmon, rice and every thing else including chopsticks, sauces and black napkins, in two smart tough very American white heavy paper carriers. Not cheap at £30 but this was a meal that you could take home, lay out on the table and it would be like eating at Ciscoes, but at home. I can't comment on the food, I didn't eat it, but I'm told it was sensational. The funny bit for me was that this fabulous meal was consumed on a coach on the A14 lol. Genius.

3  Thank Scrumpyway
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited Siscoe's on a Saturday night and after some confusion got seated where we had booked at the sushi counter. The restaurant is fresh and attractive and service very friendly but needs fine tuning.

We drank beer and sake which were fine although it would have been nice to have a choice of sake's.

We chose between three of us the sushi platter and a separate plate of sashimi and two meat and one fish plus rice dishes.

The sushi platter was superb, looking good with very fresh tasting fish as had the sashimi plate. Work needs doing on the other dishes which had no real presentation to them although they tasted fine.

This place is definitely worth a visit.