“Smashing local pub”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Ranked #387 of 903 Restaurants in Norwich
Reviewed 3 November 2014

An independent local pub with a great selection of real ales.

The beehive was my local pub back in the early 1980's when it was a Courage tied house. Since then I have been back on a regular, if infrequent, basis (there are so many really good pubs in Norwich, we are spoiled for choice). The one thing that strikes me about it is that it keeps getting better, although it was pretty good in the first place.

On this visit we had a choice of 7 real ales. I tried 3 of them - all were in good condition.

They serve food at lunchtime - fairly standard pub menu, but very tasty and exceptionally good value.

Tucked away in an area of terraced houses between Unthank and Newmarket roads it is a bit out of the way (except for locals!) but well worth a visit. Newmarket Road is a major bus route and it's a fairly short taxi ride from the city centre.

2  Thank Alan S