“Pleasant and well placed in the centre”
Review of Loch Fyne

Loch Fyne
Ranked #92 of 848 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$31 - US$92
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced. Remember from 20th July the kids eat free with every paying adult, This runs for the whole summer school break. If you have any special offer cards or vouchers please make sure they are valid for your booking and booking is advisable.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had the fish and chips with a tempura batter which was crisp but he chips were not as good as those I have had at a couple of pubs recently. Lots of different fish choices. The puddings were a bit on the small size for the price but very good. It has a nice atmosphere and the service was fast and unobtrusive.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We arrived at 12.45 for a lunch with four adults and two children. However after ordering it then took just under two hours to get our food! They were very apologetic however I won't be visiting again. Very poor service and food was just ok when we did receive it. Such a shame as Ipswich was great the week before!

2  Thank Ellemay101
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Taken out by my daughter for an early Mother's Day meal on a Friday evening, I choose Loch fyne as hadn't been together for ages. It was as good as ever, menus even more choice than there used to be, everything we had was delicious. The battered fish and chips was a conservative choice but was excellent, large fish and plenty of chips. You could be much more adventurous! Service good as usual.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We tried the Early Started Offer which was about £11 for two courses so not a bad price but they failed to impress me to return and pay more for a meal off the main menu. I had king prawn and squid tagliatelle; which turned out to be a cup full of over cooked pasta in a tomato sauce with a king prawn cut into three bits and two pieces of squid the size of a finger nail. Pasta is so cheap I cannot understand why they were so tight with it and the prawn and squid was not worth including. I did complain and the waitress bought me some more squid which rescued the situation and my wife’s meal was small but okay so it was not a complete disaster. My message to them is to impress every customer and they might return.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've eaten at various Loch Fynes before and found them good if a little pricy for uniform food. This time I discovered their pre-theatre menu which is terrific value, fresh as can be and packs a huge belt of flavour. And the service was immensely friendly while remaining professional, too. I'd booked in a business party and everyone was thoroughly satisfied. We could hardly have wanted better.