“Don't order on a Friday unless your willing to have 'substitutes' made to your order without your knowledge.”
Review of Papa John's

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Firstly, when I called them up to make a change in the type of crust I wanted, they informed me that there was 'no cinnapie left' when I had ordered it..I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't called! Was forced to order the cookie instead (which I've had before and wasn't all that impressed with). You'd think being a Friday night they'd be well stocked up, right?
Delivery service was good, within the half-hour slot promised. I was upstairs watching TV and didn't hear the bell, they at least called me up and I apologised for not hearing the doorbell.
The brownie I ordered was pretty much raw in the middle and burnt on the edges.. Eugh! This is probably what happens when desserts are cooked at the same heat the pizzas are cooked at to 'speed up' the process.
Pizza was okay though, I like their tomato sauce and the toppings taste reasonably fresh - at least they didn't skimp on sauce or cheese/toppings. I still prefer their dough to Dominos or Pizza Hut, as it is more fresh and 'authentic' tasting.
I cannot stand mustard at all, and having specifically ordered garlic and herb sauce, what did they do but give me TWO 'honey and mustard' pots. I was so annoyed when I noticed and had the nerve to call them up, but instead I felt it was best to vent my frustration out on writing a review up on here. If I were you I would opt to collect the order, then at least you can make sure you get what you ordered instead of 'substitutions'.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Greeneth

“Yum”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Well ive ordered twice from plumstead road and the pizza was yummy and HOT!! And the crust is lovely , i've had to leave crust from other places but not here, i also use the special offers as I only like pizza now and again.
I have never been in there only got delivered so cannot comment on atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
“Really poor, actually really terrible”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Have ordered several times from this branch (only because of special offers which bombard my SMS and email box almost daily) but each time we order, it just gets worse and worse. We hit rock bottom on our last (and I mean last ever) order from them.

As usual you wait some time for delivery.. this time for over an hour (nearly 90 mins) for our 2 pizzas. They were presented in a soggy box with the pizza clinging to one side indicating they had not been kept flat. It was luke warm and the toppings were obviously in short supply as they were miserly to say the least and were not spread evenly on the pizza. The base was so chewy it made my jaw hurt to eat it. And all this for £20 per pizza!! That's more expensive than Domino's but at least theirs taste amazing.

Papa Johns is really poor value for money and totally naff pizza.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JonCamBates
“How long did we have to wait”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The website says 30 minutes - 45 minutes later not even left the shop. - phoned up and a nice apology but no pizza - is there a reputable pizza delivery company in norwich?

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Darren8472
“EXTREMELY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

EXTREMELY RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Called Papa john odeon Telford 01952200234 at 20:02 to order a pizza.... no sure whether customer service person 'Jes' or 'JAS' was intoxicated or not but inspite of repeating address 3 times she was unable to note it down.... she was extremely rude and started abusing me.... later on passed the phone to her colleague ' SAM , CUSTOMER IS GIVING ME HEADING'.....
if this is the standard of PAPA JOHN I