“Wonderful!!”

Delia's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #187 of 870 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$49 - US$49
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Delia's Restaurant and Bar Enjoy Delia’s recipes cooked to her exacting standards in our beautiful restaurant. Warm, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere. Make us the place to celebrate the weekend. Delia’s Restaurant and Bar is open every Friday and Saturday from 7pm until late; a three-course dinner followed by coffee and something sweet is just £35.75 per person. Delia’s Restaurant and Bar is committed to supporting local produce. We have a large, free on-site car park.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a meal here recently with a group of friends and I honestly couldn't fault it. The staff were very friendly and lovely and the food was delicious!! Will definately be recommending this restaurant to all my friends and family.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had high hopes for the meal I expected - oh so how disappointing!

I stress I can't fault the waiting staff they were polite & attentive but the food, Delia what has gone wrong?!

I eaten in a variety of restaurants from your top end London establishments to the local around the corner curry house. I can honestly say the menu selection, the value of food, the preparation was extremely poor. The vegetables were over seasoned, to the point of being inedible, the starter was what I would expect to be only served by a child learning to cook for the first time & the dessert was just plain bland.

Only only plus point wasn't the restuarant/venue it was the company of the party of people I was seated with.

Come on Delia don't let your catering business ride on your name! Fortunate but unfortunately to yourselves I won't recommending dining at your establishment.

5  Thank MsAustinMartin
Emily H, Conference & Events Coordinator at Delia's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. In order for us to resolve these issues and work out whether you were dining in Delia's Restaurant and Bar or in one of our private function rooms, I would be grateful if you could contact myself, Emily on 01603 218704 to discuss your review in more detail.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Oh Delia, where are all the lovely vegetables that normally accompany your meals? Me and my husband are regular visitors to your restaurant, we've been coming for about 6 years now, we came last night (2nd May) and every meal was accompanied by a small bowl of leaves, not a veggie in sight, in fact we've noticed several cutbacks over the last year or two, thank goodness for your lovely staff who as far as we're concerned are just as important as the food. You have always been our favourite place to eat and feel the journey from Lowestoft worth the effort for something special, but if you carry on cutting back we will have to reconsider our choice of dining venue and choose something a bit nearer home.

Emily H, Conference and Events Coordinator at Delia's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello Julie,

Thank you for your feedback. Our menus change monthly and on this menu the main dishes suited a salad accompaniment. We endeavour to take on all feedback given by our customers and following your review our Head Chef has added a vegetable option as an alternative to the salad on this month's menu.

If you have any further queries regarding this then please feel free to contact me direct either by telephone 01603 218704 or email on emily.hardesty@canaries.co.uk.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ate here on 19 April 2014. Wonderful food, fantadtic staff, and a generally good atmosphere. Take many trips to Norwich, but first time we'd tried here. Appears that the menu operates on a monthly rotation, but not an issue as far as I'm concerned. I had Thai fish cakes to start, followed by chicken dish, and finished off with a rhubarb trifle. My partner had the chicken liver pate, rib eye steak, and meringue with lemon curd and mascarpone to finish. Still makes our mouths water days later. Coffee and chocolates to finish. Three courses are a fixed price, and we added a bottle of very nice Chilean Merlot -- In Situ. Bill was just over £95 after 5% discount for my Norwich city membership. Worth every penny. Some might find large room with tables lined up a wee bit off putting? I say, go and enjoy.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've been a fan of Delia for years and thought I was in for a real treat when I ate at her restaurant at the Norwich Football Ground last night. I couldn't have been more wrong! It was absolutely atrocious. The smoked mackerel pate starter was really more of a purée...over salted and runny. This was served with what appear to be toasted brown sliced supermarket bread. We had Coq au Vin as the main...flavourless and over salted. The desert was a lemon tart which was so tart that it was inedible. It was served with creme fraiche...which enacted oddly with the sharpness of the lemon. The was also a strangely synthetic flavour as an aftertaste. Only the chocolates served with the coffee were decent. A I seem to be out of sync with other reviewers I hope that this was a one off...perhaps the chef was unwell?

I'm so disappointed ... I feel as if I've lost a favourite fluffy pet...come on Delia you can do better than that!

4  Thank Grogleydog
Melanie O, Public Relations Manager at Delia's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you attended one of our private events in one of our function rooms rather than Delia’s Restaurant and Bar and would like to discuss the issues you experienced. I would therefore be very grateful if you could contact Emma on 01603 218704 to discuss in further detail.