“Poor poor chips”

Delia's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #133 of 877 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Delia's Restaurant and Bar Enjoy Delia’s recipes cooked to her exacting standards in our beautiful restaurant. Warm, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere. Make us the place to celebrate the weekend. Delia’s Restaurant and Bar is open every Friday and Saturday from 7pm until late; a three-course dinner followed by coffee and something sweet is just £35.75 per person. Delia’s Restaurant and Bar is committed to supporting local produce. We have a large, free on-site car park.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I will second the review below mine regarding the chips. I even mentioned to the waitress that everything was great apart from the frozen packet chips which 3 of our 4 table left! I was told that she didn't think they were frozen....rum yes they were!!

We paid nearly £200 for 4 of us to eat out, which I would have willingly been Ok about had all the food been top notch, but it wasn't.

We will try again on a non themed night, as on a Saturday night the restaurant was only half full and I believe this is down to a whole months worth of Greek menu!

The service was without a doubt fantastic, and the restaurant absolutely lovely, being able to sit and have a drink before being seated is always a winner with me. But sorry the food was mediocre.

Will try again in couple of months when your menu has changed...and please offer HAND CUT CHIPS.

1  Thank Greengerkin
Rachel B, Marketing Executive at Delia's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you so much for your review, and my sincere apologies for the delay in response. I have discussed this matter with our head Chef and have been assured that the chips are, and were not ever frozen. This may have been an issue with how these particular ones were cooked and this has been addressed.

Our themed menus are available 3 to 4 times a year due to popular demand, and the menus are available to view on our website as soon as they are available. We have had some really lovely feedback from our Greek menu, unfortunately, perhaps the theme was not to everyones taste.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This month, Delia's has offered a Greek inspired menu. As a large group we covered most of the dishes which were beautiful! The only criticism within the group was that the chips served with some of the meals were frozen oven chips - would have preferred hand cut!

After sampling olives and a spinach and pastry number, I started with the taramasalata - it's tasted quite different to what you expected and had a mousse like consistency - lovely but quite rich in taste! I followed this with sea bass, pilau rice (with pine nuts and currents) and a Greek salad - the taste combination was beautiful! I rounded it off with baklava! My word - possibly the best desert I've ever tasted! The evening was rounded off with teas/coffees and a sweet treat!

The service/staff were attentive and welcoming! Would happily go again! Thank you for a wonderful evening!

1  Thank xxlaurenxx
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The food was good the service was excellent I enjoyed the whole experience but found the menu a bit uninspiring but worth a visit

1  Thank uberscoob
Emily H, Conference & Events Coordinator at Delia's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Delia's Restaurant and Bar however we're sorry to hear that you thought the July menu was uninspiring. We do change our menu on a monthly basis with our Greek August menu debuting this weekend.

We hope that the July menu does not deter you from visting again.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Emily

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Another outstanding meal at Delia's. It was to celebrate my mums 80th birthday. The service was 5 star as was the food .They made my mum feel a million dollars. A signed card from Delia was a lovely touch .An evening to remember.

Emily H, Conference and Events Coordinator at Delia's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you Kath for the very kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed celebrating your mum's 80th birthday with us at Delia's. We hope to see you both again very soon.

Emily

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and myself visited Delia's on Saturday 5th July, and are happy to say that the veggies are back! As I reported on our last visit, standards had gradually started to slip, the absence of vegetables being one of them, well we had a lovely meal with delicious accompanying vegetables, I'm so pleased things are back to normal as Delia's has been my favourite restaurant for years and I would hate never to go there again. I will just add, the staff were as wonderful as ever!