“5* meal”

Ranked #7 of 900 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$21 - US$68
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Benedicts is run by chef owner Richard Bainbridge, who has won Great British Menu 2016 with 2 Courses. Benedicts is a modern interpretation of a neighbourhood restaurant, with classic values of hospitality and food with a strong local focus on ingredients and traditional techniques with a delicate modern touch.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Beautifully cooked and presented food. Accompany with the wine flight for the best experience :-) will visit again

2  Thank jules_sw87

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Everything I've been told was true. Food and service was really good. Lovely wines to go with too.
My partner was really impressed with the presentation and how well knowledge the waitress was

2  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Loved the smartly modern interior, The staff were friendly and polite - but perhaps a little too attentive! This did not detract from the exquisite food. First off a surprise of prawn snippets - sooo tasty. For starters I had the "partridge in a pear tree" followed by whole roasted Norfolk Quail, pearl barley with garden herb jus. Just Scrumptious! Greedily we both succumbed to fig tart with creme fraiche mousse.
Although we enjoyed the meal very much, we felt overall Benedicts was somewhat pretentious - if we feel aspiring to "posh" we may visit again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I visited recently with my wife for a birthday treat. The staff are always friendly and make sure you're seated and before you know it they're back with a little aperitif to get your interest. This time it was a one cone with 4 handmade crisps with a spicey/woody kind of flavour. It's free, just enjoy! Our starter arrived in due course which were hot and not too filling as we had mains to look forward to. Yet another little surprise from the kitchen in the shape of a tiny cooked egg with a spicy salted sprinkle over the top. Wondeful. all washed down with a bottle of french red from their really good wine menu. By this time I couldn't manage a desert but maybe you can. I have been here 4 or 5 times now and i accept that some occasions were slightly better than others but I know how hard it is to make every customer feel that every visit is special. I think that any restaurant that gets me back not once or twice but many times is worthy of anybodies interest and you should visit and enjoy.

2  Thank cvselman
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Benedicts never fails to impress. The staff are without exception friendly, knowledgeable and professional.

The food is always superb, and every time we go, there are surprise twists that delight us.

Yesterday, our lunch was superb. I don't like Xmas Pudding, so have no idea why I picked the Xmas Pudding ice cream for a dessert. But I was so glad I did. It was superb, and the presentation was inspired.

As always, Adam's choice of wines was first rate. We were pleased to see a 2 course wine flight with the a la carte menu. When there are 2 people eating, each having different food choices, it really makes a difference knowing Adam will perfectly match the wine to the food.

The best restaurant in Norwich by miles.

2  Thank TommoNorfolk