“Norwich's best Italian by far! ”
Review of Trattoria Rustica

Trattoria Rustica
Ranked #50 of 820 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Trattoria Rustica Recently voted top 10 Italian Trattoria in the UK by the BBC good food Guide and Bertoli Olive oil. Trattoria Rustica opened its doors in 1995, owned and run by then newly wed Mario and Raffaella. Both first generations from the land of taste and style with an aim to bring authentic Italian food to Norwich. After more than two decades they have built an enviable reputation for quality Italian food and good service. Trattoria Rustica is an Italian restaurant like no other housed in a 16-century building nestled between medieval Elm Hill and Norwich Cathedral in the heart of this historic city.The medieval ambiance combined with an extensive menu of regionally inspired Italian specialities freshly cooked and served in a traditional family style can only make each visit a unique eating experience.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Norwich's best Italian by far! ”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We turned up as late walk ins on a Thursday night, and were greeted by a smile and a table. The waitress couldn't have been more helpful, she had a great depth of knowledge of the menu and ended up helping all of us select dishes to suit our tastes - and even recommending a beautiful red that complimented everything. The food itself was beautiful, so fresh and you could tell made to order. We all ended up with starters and pasta and cannot fault anything with the food. A definite revisit and recommend to all.

north east scotland
“Busy and popular spot - good evening out”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our son treated us to a fine meal at the Trattoria Rustica on a busy Friday night. Service was good and portions were large , the wine was very palatable and we had a good evening out . What did it cost ? I do not know he paid...

• Visited May 2014
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“As good as ever”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not having booked anywhere to eat and being told by most places they couldn't fit in a table of four this was our last chance to eat somewhere decent,.as always a lovely welcome and although busy we were warmly welcomed,.as a frequent diner the food and service were as good as ever

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Should have gone anywhere else”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spent the weekend in Norwich at a very lovely hotel but decided to go into town for dinner on the Saturday night. We found the Trattoria Rustica and wish we hadn't.
I ordered the pasta with seafood as I had seen it on someone else's table on our way in and it looked good... but looks can be deceiving... and they were. There was so much oil on the bottom of my plate I'm surprise the US wasn't trying to invade it. (see attached photo) The seafood wasn't fresh, even though when I asked if it was the waitress told me yes. The sauce could have been from tesco and definitely wasn't even close to anything I can make myself at home with a tin of tomatoes and some herbs.
My boyfriend had a pizza that wasn't too bad, but the toppings were scant and it was a little doughy and undercooked.
The waitress offered us garlic bread when we ordered and when it arrived it was 'cheesy' and I put that in quotes because it was processed cheese on a bun with some garlic butter. I've had better off the shelf at Tesco.
The staff were unconcerned and uninterested when I told them I wasn't happy with my meal.
The only good thing I can say is that at least the house (white) wine good.
I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lizlon
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a busy Friday night, although every night seems to be busy which is a good sign.
Had the antipasto to share to start which was fantastic and plentiful with great flavours. Pasta and risotto we're perfectly cooked with excellent flavour and produce.
A real authentic Italian experience.
Some of the staff have been here for years and this shows in the service which is very professional.
We look forward to returning.

Visited May 2014