“Good atmosphire”

Ranked #584 of 902 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$37 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Frankie & Benny's serves up the best of New York Italian cuisine to offer you big flavours and massive choice. Whether you fancy a juicy chicken burger or an Italian classic, we've got something for everyone! We've been a much loved restaurant for over 20 years and offer families a place to go for a fun, comforting meal where you can enjoy some well-deserved, chilled-out family time. We cater for all needs with a huge gluten free menu, a wide offering of vegetarian dishes and host of healthier, lighter bites. So try one of our mouth-watering Freakshakes or grab a beer with friends and enjoy a home-from-home meal with us - see you soon!
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Food was ok. Had the mixed grill and not the best I have ever had. However atmosohire was good and service was quick

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I had a New York chicken, the chicken was quite flat and subsequently a bit like leather as it was done a bit too much, could have used a breast. The chips and garlic flatbread was nice though. Nice restaurant, been lots of times before.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Never set foot in this restaurant chain before. Impressed with the vast choice of fodder. Guess it's not the NO1 restaurant for the "slimming weekly" magazine. This is serious calorie nosh. You have the menu & you have your food mindset? You are ready to order!
Wasn't ready for the next bit.
Customer service. A genuine interest in you & what you are planning to eat. Very impressed, top class nosh. Top class service too, James, Monika, thank-you for your polite & professional attentive manner.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Went here for a family meal and has the vouchers for kids ear for a pound, I always love the atmosphere from Frankie and Bennys, however, their staff seem to be so slow it took nearly an hour for our food to come out and wasn't even hot. After that, we ordered desserts that were delicious. The manager did apologise to us for the delay and gave us our drinks on the house which I guess was okay but over all lovely place to ear might just be waiting a while for your food

1  Thank Martinhall1999
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

On Sat 4 Aug, my daughter and grandchildren arrived at Norwich train station (approx 1.45pm). After a very long journey from North Wales, we decided to pop somewhere for a drink & snack, before getting in to the car for a further 45 minutes’ drive home to my place. When my 6 year old Granddaughter got excited upon seeing the ‘Frankie & Benny’s’ sign, that sealed the deal and we headed in.

Unfortunately the greeting we received from the manager on duty was rather condescending, when I mentioned that we only wanted a drink and a snack. I was told in no uncertain terms that ‘we are a restaurant and we do not offer snacks’. My daughter then politely explained that she’d like coffee & cake and he looked resigned to the fact that we would be cluttering up the place! It was not busy.

I work in the luxury end of the hospitality industry. I would like to think that we’d be much more welcoming than this chap was, if we were greeting a family who just wanted ‘a quick snack’ in the hotel where I work.

We chose a drink for the 2 year old, coffee & cake for my daughter, a large milkshake for the 6 year old, plus loaded potato skins and a soft drink for me. That came to £15.86 and we were in and out quite quickly. I left a 10% tip, because the waiting staff had been efficient and nice. This review has 4 out of 5 based on the food, cleanliness of venue and waiting staff. But the manager on duty gets a 1 out of 5 from me. The 1 is for presentation, as he was smartly dressed.

Being located opposite the train station and next to the car park, I’d expect that lots of people feel the need for a little light refreshment, after a long journey. From a revenue management perspective, I’d have thought that the restaurant would wish to welcome as many diners as possible and for great customer service to bring them back again, to spend more money.