“Bad service, Ok food”

Bella Italia Norwich Exchange Street
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Housed in the very centre of Norwich, Bella Italia on Exchange Street offers a taste of Italy from morning to night. The highly successful Bella Italia restaurant chain is well known throughout the country for its good quality, well priced Italian menu and this Norwich Exchange Street branch represents the company perfectly. One of three Bella Italias in the city, the restaurant boasts a rustic style dining room with the trademark Bella Italia décor of warm tones, tiled floors and dark wood seating. As for the food, enjoy dishes such as deep fried squid with lemon mayo followed by chargrilled salmon fillet with green beans and roasted new potatoes or chicken and spinach fusilli pasta with gorgonzola sauce.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The place is located in a nice area of the city and the food is what you would expect from Bella Italia, however, when I went, there was an impatient man serving and was not very patient or polite. Several people left due to this.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Took my wife for lunch, she orderded a pizza, myself a calzone, waitress very helpful, a few people in for lunch, got busy just after we arrived. Waited 40 minutes for our meals, when they arrived they were warm, I decided to eat mine, my wifedid not want to, spoke to manager, took food back to be warmed up. When I had finished my meal, my wifes had not come back I got up and went and got it from the hot plate myself, it was inedible by now, I complained to the manager, he told us we would not have to pay for it and then overcharged us on the bill. Completely useless, never again

1  Thank john h
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Good food for the prices, very friendly and helpful waitress, had to wait to be seated but didn't take long for food to come. Brought a bag of goodies for my cousins little girl with colouring pencils which kept her very happy!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

9 of us went there for lunch to celebrate a friends coming wedding, highly priced food that looked so boring, this place couldn't even be bothered to garnish their food, just a pasta dish in a bowl, the waitress was very impatient and quite abrupt, if the restaurant was packed it would be understandable but it was empty...... I now see why

1  Thank Melanie U
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had dinner here on a quiet Sunday evening in Norwich. The staff were most efficient and considerate in making my experience pleasant and memorable. As ever with this brand it delivers and does what it say on the tin but I did think the staff here went the extra mile for you as well. Yummy food too!