“Nice meal with nice service”

Bella Italia Norwich Exchange Street
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Housed in the very centre of Norwich, Bella Italia on Exchange Street offers a taste of Italy from morning to night. The highly successful Bella Italia restaurant chain is well known throughout the country for its good quality, well priced Italian menu and this Norwich Exchange Street branch represents the company perfectly. One of three Bella Italias in the city, the restaurant boasts a rustic style dining room with the trademark Bella Italia décor of warm tones, tiled floors and dark wood seating. As for the food, enjoy dishes such as deep fried squid with lemon mayo followed by chargrilled salmon fillet with green beans and roasted new potatoes or chicken and spinach fusilli pasta with gorgonzola sauce.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Dropped into the restaurant unexpectedly as our chosen venue was shut (a Sunday afternoon). Our first seat was at the back of the restaurant and it had a horrid smell to it. We were not sure if it was toilets or drains but we asked to move. We were moved without any hassle to the front of the restaurant with a window seat which was lovely. The service was charming and quick. Our food was delicious and we will definitely go back again. The cost was reasonable and I know that you can also find vouchers on-line sometimes which I would do if I go back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my mum and daughter who visited together for my daughters 9th birthday meal after a mornings shopping.
They were both very impressed! Excellent service, and despite not being aimed specifically at kids, it was child friendly and my daughter was made to feel very 'grown up' and welcome.
Food good, lots of choice and enjoyed by both.
Will return!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The waitress was probably the only positive part of our visit there! Food was ok but not what we would consider good value, drinks expensive. We were seated opposite the toilets - not such a problem - but when I visited the ladies it stunk! Sinks & taps were disgusting. In fact the whole restaurant looked jaded as did many of the staff there. Although our waitress was lovely (she well deserved the tip we gave her) the rest of the staff appeared miserable. Would not rush back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The place is located in a nice area of the city and the food is what you would expect from Bella Italia, however, when I went, there was an impatient man serving and was not very patient or polite. Several people left due to this.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Took my wife for lunch, she orderded a pizza, myself a calzone, waitress very helpful, a few people in for lunch, got busy just after we arrived. Waited 40 minutes for our meals, when they arrived they were warm, I decided to eat mine, my wifedid not want to, spoke to manager, took food back to be warmed up. When I had finished my meal, my wifes had not come back I got up and went and got it from the hot plate myself, it was inedible by now, I complained to the manager, he told us we would not have to pay for it and then overcharged us on the bill. Completely useless, never again

1  Thank john h