“Bustling and trendy restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nando's Chickenland Ltd
Ranked #404 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I have been to this Nandos twice now and had similar experiences each time. If you are looking for a quiet, stylish and romantic restaurant, go somewhere else! Nandos are brash, bustling and quite noisy. As is typical with this type of restaurant, it often has kids, mums with pushchairs and crying babies. That said, you know what you are going into.

Only chicken (in many forms: breast, legs, wings, burgers) is served here. I strongly suggest that you have the 1/2 chicken with fries and maybe, macho peas (coleslaw is a good alternative, especially if you are having a hot sauce!). This is the best value. Loads of meat. Once your meal has been served, you can choose your sauces (self-service), from herby, through spicy to very hot!

Go for a soft drink, it's help yourself - as many times as you like!

You have to queue to order your food, the queues can be long at lunchtimes. You might also have to wait for a table. The staff are young, but seem cheery and quite courteous, despite being rushed. Last time I was there, there were chips on the floor, under our table, but tables are normally cleared and cleaned pretty quickly.

Toilets are down a winding staiway, not too good if you are unstable or for little kids.

Prices are quite reasonable, for two persons with 1/2 chicken, 5 chicken wings, and soft drinks, came to £23.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had been meaning to try nandos for a while and finally got round to it earlier this year. When you consider that price wise, there doesn't appear to be much difference between KFC and nandos, it puts into perspective that nandos is good value because the food is of better quality and you get a better dining experience.

My only complaint would be that whilst I do enjoy the food, I do think there isn't a great variety on the menu for mains and desserts. However, this doesn't effect me too much as me and my girlfriend would always opt for our favourite which is one of the share meals (cant remember what it's called), I would definitely recommend the share options.

Staff are always helpful and the structure of how to order the food is effective and even when it's busy there doesn't seem to be much of a delay.

1  Thank James666_12
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My cousins live in England, and they make sure they take out of town friends and relatives to Nando's. The chicken was cooked to perfection, and we all enjoyed trying the various sauces. The sides were quite good too. Staff was attentive and friendly. We arrived around 5:00 p.m. so we didn't have to wait. My cousin said that many times there is a line out the door.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

visit quite often as everybody eats chicken! last went with friends -nice and relaxing atmosphere always really busy. Staff great and will always check and make sure you are OK. we spent ages in there and we didn't feel rushed or pushed out. Prices OK however i always feel let down by the portion sizes as they are on the small side and you do have to pay extra for anything to bulk it up. never had a bad experience here though.

1  Thank foxyfairmaiden
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Very friendly staff, nice and clean, but most importantly the food is absolutely wicked!!!