“Good value - good meal for family”

Yellows American Bar and Grill
Ranked #159 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Yellows American Bar & Grill serves the freshest, fine quality ingredients, sourced locally where possible and prepared by our team of chefs to Delia's exacting standards. So, if you love tasty, homemade food, then you will love Yellows... mouth-watering burgers, deep fried catch of the day, macaroni and cheese and classic salads to name just a few of our favourites. You can drop into Yellows for a coffee to set you up for the day, a quick working lunch (we've got free wi-fi) or a full-on family feast. Why not come and chill out after work with a nice cool beer or cocktail...
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I went here with my wife and my son - to celebrate her birthday.

It is based at the football ground - but it is very well furbished - it was good to be able to see the cooks at work - and the pricing was good.

We all had sufficient food - the portions were large without being excessive.

I would give this full marks - the only thing was they forgot to put chicken on my salad -but they admitted their mistake without any prompting from me - and discounted the bill. So I was more than satisfied!

Would go here again!

Well done!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here after a children's football tournament at Carrow Rd so the location was ideal. There were 8 adults and 8 kids so we pre-ordered our food. This worked really well as it all came out really quickly. The food itself was on the whole really lovely, although my son's burger was a little more chargrilled than he'd have liked.

On arrival, they'd split the tables 8/8, which worked for us as our kids are now all old enough to sit by themselves albeit with a bit of help with knives etc. If they were all a little younger though this wouldn't have worked so they probably should have asked first?

The service was very good, there was always someone around to make sure all of our needs were being seen to and it was mostly always with a smie too.

All in all, a good experience and we'd probably return there if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Eleven of us from work went along on a Wednesday lunchtime at 12:30.
We were met immediately, our booking confirmed, were shown to our table and our drinks order taken with polite efficiency.
Although the restaurant was quiet the atmosphere was helped a little by background music and T.V's showing a sports/ news channel. Decor is nice enough.
Starters arrived after about 30 minutes and were of a generous size. The waiting staff mostly remembered who ordered what which is always nicer than someone standing at the end of the table shouting 'who ordered the fish?'.
After another drinks service the main course arrived and was nicely presented and well cooked, ingredients appeared freshly prepared and portion size was about right for a main course, not huge allowing you a bit of room for pud. My steak sandwich was a bit chewy but not bad enough to complain about. Its a pity there were not more steaks on the menu, some of the other members of the party would have liked more grill options too, but hey we booked it so fair enough. Desserts were generous in size and very satisfying but were quite a time arriving.
All members of staff were polite and attentive throughout the meal and the general feel from our party was a very positive one.
Yellows is fair value, with pleasant staff and good food. It's not exceptional but doesnt set out to be. More suited to a small/ medium sized group of friends or work colleages than a romantic evening for two.
There is also a large, attended car park at the rear of the football ground (where the restaurant is situated) which I believe was free.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Went there as family, was all rather uncreative and bland, having been spoilt by places like Red Dog in London did not help. Macaroni pasta my son had was awful. Bread for burgers cottony.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went with a few friends including 1 veggie. The menu is very American with ribs, wings and burgers but there are a couple of vegetarian options. Well cooked, large portions and reasonable prices for the main meal. A standard cheese burger and fries was £7. Drinks were slightly more expensive, I paid £4.50 for a pint of Magners. Desserts were around £6 each but, again, the portions were large.
Lovely service and a really nice atmosphere with loads of free parking.